MLB Chatter Thread

D

Deuce

Right before he hit the HR I was thinking how nice it was for him to finally be at bat with guys in scoring position. That rarely happens with the Braves. Their 1 & 2 hitters are probably near the bottom of the league in BA and On Base Percentage.
BJ at one of those spots?

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
BJ at one of those spots?
Ack. He was but pretty sure they dropped him in the order a while ago. He's been putrid. Unbelievably bad. No way he stays that bad all year but he's struggling big time so far.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yeah, they dropped Upton in the lineup after they finally realized that his .150 average and 2 strikeouts per game, while hitting from the 2 spot, weren't conducive to a good offense. Only took them 30 games but they finally got the message.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

Yeah, they dropped Upton in the lineup after they finally realized that his .150 average and 2 strikeouts per game, while hitting from the 2 spot, weren't conducive to a good offense. Only took them 30 games but they finally got the message.
lulz

I love the player but I don't miss those days. I can't think of one season where he starts off well.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Guess they need to talk to the angels..

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I'm trying to figure out a way to blame Smitty for the way Jim Johnson has imploded these past two saves, but dammit, I can't think of a way to do it.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Ribs or some such. I'm kinda having mixed feelings. I wanted Kinsler moved to 1st and Profar to take his spot, but Moreland and Kinsler are both playing so well right now I wouldn't want to screw with it. And then injury. Gdamnit!

Rev

Staff member
Ribs or some such. I'm kinda having mixed feelings. I wanted Kinsler moved to 1st and Profar to take his spot, but Moreland and Kinsler are both playing so well right now I wouldn't want to screw with it. And then injury. Gdamnit!
Kinsler will be in left field next season.

Rev

Staff member
Ol' Suck Ass is having another setback. Arm strength is bothering him. It might be time to hang it up and if so there goes our automatic playoff win each time he pitches.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Rangers Designate Derek Lowe For Assignment
By Tim Dierkes [May 20 at 3:15pm CST]

The Rangers designated righty Derek Lowe to open a spot on the active roster for Josh Lindblom, tweets Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. The Rangers already had a 40-man roster spot open, so that tally will remain at 39.

Lowe, 39, posted a 9.00 ERA, 5.5 K/9, 2.1 BB/9, 2.08 HR/9, and 55.8% groundball rate in 13 relief innings this year. He had signed a minor league deal in March and made the team out of Spring Training, receiving a $1.25MM salary in the Majors. That salary should prevent a waiver claim, and result in Lowe becoming a free agent via release. At that point, a team could sign him for the league minimum $490K with the Rangers picking up the rest of the tab.

Lowe has pitched over 2,600 innings in his big league career with the Mariners, Red Sox, Dodgers, Braves, Indians, Yankees, and Rangers, and has had success as both a reliever and a starter. His 176 wins rank him 11th all-time among those born in Michigan, and his 86 saves rank tenth.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Mets Sign David Aardsma
By Zach Links [May 20 at 1:08pm CST]

The Mets announced that they have signed David Aardsma to a minor league deal. The right-hander will report to the club's Triple-A affiliate in Las Vegas.

Aardsma, 31, was with the Marlins on a minor league deal but exercised his opt-out clause in mid-May. The veteran posted a 2.57 ERA with 12 strikeouts and eight walks across 14 innings of work for Triple-A New Orleans. Aardsma has had bad luck with injuries in recent years, having undergone surgery to repair the labrum in his left hip followed by Tommy John surgery in 2011.

Late last week, we heard that Japan's Hanshin Tigers had interest in bringing Aardsma aboard after he parted ways with Miami. For his career, Aardsma owns a 4.22 ERA with 9.1 K/9 and 5.1 BB/9 across parts of seven big league seasons.

Rev

Staff member
Glad Lowe is gone. Time for him to retire as well. I am happy that Wash just didn't stick with the veteran. Last season he would have kept Lowe so the off season discussion with management must have worked.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If this is it for him...Lowe had a really excellent career.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Reid Ryan doesn't expect Nolan to join him
May, 20, 2013

By Richard Durrett | ESPNDallas.com

Reid Ryan joins Fitzsimmons & Durrett to discuss his new position with the Houston Astros and whether he could see his dad, Nolan, joining him there in the future.

Listen Houston Astros new president and CEO Reid Ryan was on Fitzsimmons & Durrett on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM on Monday and said there were "some hurt feelings" and "differences of opinions" within the Rangers organization, but believes things are fine now between his father, Hall of Famer Nolan Ryan, and the club. Reid added that he doesn't expect his father to join him in Houston.

"I think when he decided to stay, he did it for several reasons. One, when you start to build something you want to see it through to the finish line," Ryan said. "That loss in 2011, it was gut-wrenching on a lot of levels for a lot of people in the organization. Everybody went away doing everything in their power to try to get back. Getting that close motivates you. He knows how good the team is there and he has a couple of years left on his contract. I think honestly he enjoying what he's doing. There were some differences of opinions. There were some hurt feelings, a lot of issues that kind of popped up at an inopportune time, but I think all that stuff is water under the bridge and people have been able to repair those relationships.

"I really don't see him making a change with what he's doing right now."

:towel

Rev

Staff member
For the philly fans .....

What was the deal with Lindblom last season? His problems?

His pitches looked good but didn't have control last night. Is that a recurring problem or just trying to hard to stick with the club?

Rev

Staff member
Happy Yuesday!!!

:towel

Top Bottom