NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Going back to the Vogel decision to bench Hibbert at the end of Game 1.....last night was a prime example of why you keep Hibbert in the game.

A lot of people defended Vogel's decision because their reasoning is that Hibbert's not a great defensive player like Bill Russell and Mutombo. But I maintain Hibbert's presence alone makes you think twice about going into the paint.

Last night I counted 3 missed layups by Heat players who rushed their shot because Hibbert was lurking in the area. Even though his blocked shot numbers aren't great, he still has a huge impact because he's making them alter/rush their shot.

Last thing on Hibbert.....I didn't realize how great his hands are. Rarely do you see him fumble the ball away, even with a couple of guys hanging all over him contesting the entry pass, he still comes up with it.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
I wanted Hibbert so bad in the 2008 draft...I did not think there was any way he would get down to 16 where Philly was picking...and we take fucking Mareese Speights! w00t :budd

1bigfan13

Staff member
Damn, that was one helluva block by James.
Hill was begging for that shot to be blocked. LeBron was clearly in his path of sight and he goes up with a soft finger roll?

He didn't even try to contort his body to shield LeBron away from the ball. It's as if he thought he was in th pre-game layup line.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Hill was begging for that shot to be blocked. LeBron was clearly in his path of sight and he goes up with a soft finger roll?

He didn't even try to contort his body to shield LeBron away from the ball. It's as if he thought he was in th pre-game layup line.
:lol

Yes, I thought the same thing too.

You could see that block coming from a mile away, but it was still impressive nonetheless.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
NBA officiating is such a joke, and the worst part is that it's so predictable.

A questionably officiated game results in media scrutiny followed by an extreme reaction by the refs which leads to one team getting screwed with most calls going against them.

Right now, Indiana appears to be the team getting whistles for all the fouls.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Pacers are off to an impressive start.

It's also impressive how they've taken 3 key Heat players, Bosh, Allen, and Battier, and have managed to make all 3 pretty insignificant so far.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Indiana with the unforced errors again.

They can't keep doing that if they want to win this series.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Heat have turned it up a notch here in the 3rd and the Pacers haven't responded.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Heat have turned it up a notch here in the 3rd and the Pacers haven't responded.
Lebron isn't naturally aggressive, so certain things have to happen for him to turn that switch on, but when he does, there's nothing you can do.

He was much more aggressive in the 3rd than he'd been since game 3, and that was what ultimately allowed the Heat to get going.

I'd love to see game 7, but I think Miami wins a close game 6 to finish the Pacers off.

D

Deuce

Indiana has just physically beaten up Miami in their wins this series. 20+ rebound advantage and just tough D. Really impressed with them. I hope they continue it Monday.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I think Reggie said it best, we saw the Miami Cavaliers tonight.

Bosh and Wade have been reduced to role players.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Stat floating around Twitter: LeBron has 171 points in this series. Wade & Bosh have 155.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think Reggie said it best, we saw the Miami Cavaliers tonight.

Bosh and Wade have been reduced to role players.
Bosh had 5 points tonight.....FIVE.

Wade didn't do much better with 10.

If Wade doesn't step up in game 7 (because counting on Bosh to do so is pointless), then Indiana will win this series.

Lebron may have to go game 6 vs Boston last year in order to win this series because the other 2 supposed all-stars aren't doing shit. Bosh especially should be ashamed of his performance.

He continues to stand behind the 3 point line taking spot up 3's as opposed to actually acting like a PF.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Bosh had 5 points tonight.....FIVE.

Wade didn't do much better with 10.

If Wade doesn't step up in game 7 (because counting on Bosh to do so is pointless), then Indiana will win this series.

Lebron may have to go game 6 vs Boston last year in order to win this series because the other 2 supposed all-stars aren't doing shit. Bosh especially should be ashamed of his performance.

He continues to stand behind the 3 point line taking spot up 3's as opposed to actually acting like a PF.
I was listening to a Miami Heat beat writer on the radio a few days ago and he indicated that he thinks the Heat have intentionally made Bosh more of a perimeter player so that they could open up the floor for LeBron.

Doesn't really make sense to me considering Bosh's performance in this series. He should at least be slashing to the basket and fighting for rebounds. Bosh was actually a pretty good rebounder during his Toronto days. I know it's outside of his comfort area but he needs to get into the post and muck it up a bit.

As for Wade, I think his knee has more to do with his poor performance.

Also, I agree with the TNT guys take that if the Heat win the series we'll see Bosh return to form. I think he'll be an 18 & 7 guy against San Antonio. It's a better match up for him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If that is true, and Miami have intentionally made him play away from the post, then Eric Spoelstra is an idiot.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I guarantee Miami wins game 7. I normally loathe conspiracy theories, but I don't see any way the NBA lets Indiana win this series.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guarantee Miami wins game 7. I normally loathe conspiracy theories, but I don't see any way the NBA lets Indiana win this series.
I would love to see the Pacers win this thing but you are right. The NBA isn't going to let the All Star Heat get beat by this no stars Pacers team.

On a side note I have always thought Wade was extremely overrated. He always seems to get a bunch of bullshit fouls to go his way, but in terms of actual ability I don't think he is that special.

D

Deuce

I would love to see the Pacers win this thing but you are right. The NBA isn't going to let the All Star Heat get beat by this no stars Pacers team.

On a side note I have always thought Wade was extremely overrated. He always seems to get a bunch of bullshit fouls to go his way, but in terms of actual ability I don't think he is that special.
lawl

Jiggyfly

Banned

What do you consider actual ability and what makes that ability special?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Wade is now suggesting that his lack of production if the fault of Lebron and/or Spoelstra.

He basically suggested that the stand-around-and-watch-Lebron offense is like that by design.

I don't buy it.

Even when he's had his chances, he has played poorly, period.

Top Bottom