Williams: Is it Super Bowl or bust for the Cowboys?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Is it Super Bowl or bust for the Cowboys?

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, known for his Super Bowl predictions, made a mention of the “SB” word Thursday. It was followed by a long pause and a wide smile as he waited for reporters to catch on to the fact that he was joking.“But I do think we’ve taken steps to improve our team,” Jones said. “We are a better team -- there’s no question in my mind -- than we were at this same time last year. We’ve got a lot of work to do to compete in the very first ball game. We’ve got a formidable opponent and that’s exactly the way we’ll approach this thing and it won’t be about the goals at the end of the year as much as it is how we prepare ourselves to be ready to play the Giants [in the season opener].”

The Cowboys are only 22-26 over the last three seasons and have not made the playoffs since 2009. Jones had promised to make it uncomfortable in the offseason after a second consecutive 8-8 campaign, and to that end, the Cowboys hired Monte Kiffin to run the defense and turned over playcalling duties to Bill Callahan.

Though the Cowboys’ expectations are high, coach Jason Garrett remains steady in banging the day-to-day “process” drum.

“I think every coach and player in the National Football League is excited about going to training camp,” Garrett said. “[The Super Bowl] is the goal for all of us. We’re excited to get there.

There’s a lot of work to do, and what we try to do is focus each and every day and get on that path and do things the right way. We feel like we have the right kind of guys on our staff; we feel like we have the right kind of guys on our football team. It’s time to go to work.”

-- Charean Williams

Carp

DCC 4Life
Right kind of guy...where have I read that before?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It's a shame we lost such a good guy in Brent.

We should try to find more like him.

Top Bottom