User Tag List

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 325

Thread: Golf Thread

  1. #21
    Senior Member 2233boys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,810
    I don't care about golf but I'd like to see Tiger win too. I should say hear about him win cause I'm not watching golf.

  2. #22
    A winning temperament Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,223
    He looks very average today. Poor tee shots and really bad putting.

    Shouldnt be surprised. He's the ultimate front runner. When he has a Sunday lead, he locks it down. When he doesn't, he isn't winning.

  3. #23
    Senior Member NoDak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post

    Shouldnt be surprised. He's the ultimate front runner. When he has a Sunday lead, he locks it down. When he doesn't, he isn't winning.


    Come on, man. Do you realize how stupid that sounds? When he's playing well, he usually has a Sunday lead. When he's not, he doesn't. Just like anybody else. And if you think he's never came from behind to win, there's not much else to say. The difference between him and others is he's had more Sunday leads than anybody else, and yeah. He's probably the best closer ever.

  4. #24
    A winning temperament Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,223
    Remind me how many majors he's dropped a low number on a Sunday to steal the win? It's not just about playing well. He's had majors where he played solid and was only down 2 strokes or so heading into Sunday. That's striking distance and he didn't get it done.

  5. #25
    Senior Member NoDak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,930
    Tiger hasn't had to "drop a low number to steal a win" When he's on his game, he's dominant. Arguably one of the best ever. And now it's just majors? ok. But by all means, continue nitpicking an alltimer. Makes you look stupid, but hey. I'm sure you hold all the other guys on the PGA tour to the same standards, right? And if not, why not?

  6. #26
    A winning temperament Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,223
    It's not nitpicking. The fact that he's never come back to win in a major has been a criticism of his. For all his intimidation of other players and his mental toughness, he's come up short in those situations.

    And of course we're talking about majors. I couldn't give a shit about him dominating scrubs in Dubai and the Disney Firestone Classic or whatever they call it these days.

  7. #27
    Senior Member 1bigfan13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,925
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post


    Come on, man. Do you realize how stupid that sounds? When he's playing well, he usually has a Sunday lead. When he's not, he doesn't. Just like anybody else. And if you think he's never came from behind to win, there's not much else to say. The difference between him and others is he's had more Sunday leads than anybody else, and yeah. He's probably the best closer ever.
    One of the golf analysts said Tiger's never come from behind to win a major. Not sure about all the other tournaments.

  8. #28
    Senior Member 1bigfan13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,925
    As far as Tiger being a great closer, that used to be the case but he fell off considerably after the divorce.

    Last year alone he lost a handful of leads on Saturday and Sunday.

    IIRC, that was pretty much his standard last season. Strong start on the first two days then stumble down the stretch.
    Last edited by 1bigfan13; 04-14-2013 at 08:05 PM.

  9. #29
    Teh Acester Texas Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,824
    Scott with a great putt in the clutch followed by a monstrous shot from Cabrera.

    What a great finish this is.

  10. #30
    Teh Acester Texas Ace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13,824
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    As far as Tiger being a great closer, that used to be the case but he fell off considerably after the divorce.

    Last year alone he lost a handful of leads on Saturday and Sunday.
    Yup.

    He is not the closer or the clutch putter he used to be. He's had majors there for the taking but just couldn't close it out strong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •