He is gone.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Goodbye and good riddance to Blatter.

He is gone.

D

Deuce

John Oliver's segment on Blatter from Last Week Tonight was greatness. I'm looking forward to this Sunday to see his followup.

D

Deuce

Awesome game now between the US and the Dutch. US scores 2 goals in the 88th minutes to win 4-3. First ever win over Holland.

Cotton

Staff member

[MENTION=22]Texas Ace[/MENTION]

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

[MENTION=22]Texas Ace[/MENTION]
Won't matter because even if he is stupid enough to stay on, he won't see out much of the term.

They've already got some emails that they believe are linking him to corruption, so it's only a matter of time before all those white collar criminals begin to implicate him in an effort to save themselves.

He'll be gone one way or another by the time 2016 rolls around.

Cotton

Staff member
That was the craziest half of soccer I think I have ever watched.

Cotton

Staff member

Carp

DCC 4Life
He got banned, but he may have the coolest name of alltime.

Carl

RIP Brother
Didn't even look at the date.

My bad.
So, predictions for the EPL? Still Chelsea?

Man U have spent an inordinate amount of money.

Right now, I'd go Chelsea, Man U, Man City and Arsenal. Tighter this year though I think.

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So, predictions for the EPL? Still Chelsea?

Man U have spent an inordinate amount of money.

Right now, I'd go Chelsea, Man U, Man City and Arsenal. Tighter this year though I think.
Yea, I think Chelsea have to be the favorites. They have the best team and the best manager, and the continuity aspect is definitely an advantage of theirs.

However, I do not think it's a lock simply because I wonder if they've done enough to further strengthen the squad. They really labored in the 2nd half the season and did just enough to win in many of their matches. They were fortunate that no other team in the EPL was able to get on a winning streak or Chelsea may not have been crowned champion.

I like what Man U have done, but they added good pieces last year as well and that was only good enough for 4th place. Getting Sterling is a big addition for City, but they need more than that.

Pellegrini has been a traditional 4-4-2 guy for his entire career, but Sterling is not a traditional midfielder in that sense. He's best played as a winger in a 4-3-3 or as a SS in a 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-1-1-1. City are not built to play any of those formations, so it'll be interesting to see if they add more players or does Pellegrini change his sceme.

And then there's Arsenal. I don't know what to think of them. As they stand, they're a good team but not a great one......but then again, isn't that exactly what they've been for the last 7 years? They're close to challenging to the title again, but their missing an elite player. That one guy who makes the difference all by himself. Whether in the MF or up top, they need that top of talent to make the jump into the league's elite.

As always, it should be an interesting season and I can't wait for it to get going.

Oh, and I can't leave without giving a nob to the great Barcelona. :towel

Only club in the history of football to win the treble TWICE. And now we'll go for the six cups for the 2nd time as well. :towel

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=42]Carl[/MENTION] [MENTION=70]Simpleton[/MENTION] [MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION]

Futbol Club Barcelona! :towel

Top Bottom