Mochata: Romo: Rob Ryan did a great job for Cowboys

Cowboysrule122

Brand New Member
BY: JON MACHOTA

Tony Romo obviously doesn't play on defense, but he did go against a Rob Ryan coached 3-4 scheme every day in practice the previous two seasons.

As expected, when asked about Ryan on Wednesday, Romo had glowing things to say about the former Cowboys defensive coordinator who holds the same position now with the New Orleans Saints.

"Rob did a great job for us," Romo said on a conference call with media members who cover the Saints. "I enjoyed being around him. He's got great energy and I think he has done a great job down there in New Orleans."

When Romo was pressed on the topic of why Ryan was fired, the Cowboys quarterback attempted to steer clear of giving an opinion, saying he's not involved with those types of decisions.

"I just go out and play quarterback and try and help this football team win," Romo said. "I enjoyed, like I said, being around Rob and he is a great guy."

During the 2011 season, Ryan's first with the Cowboys, his defense finished 14th in the league, allowing 343.2 yards per game and 21.7 points. In his second season, the Cowboys slipped to 19th in the NFL, allowing 355.4 yards per game and 25.0 points.

The Cowboys had a difficult time creating turnovers last season, finishing with only 16, but the argument can be made that Ryan was limited in the talent department after several key contributors were lost for the season due to injuries.

Top Bottom