2015 Regular Season Predictions

2015 Regular Season Predictions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I can see Dallas in the AN but I don't see Indie there.

dallen

Senior Tech
The last time I felt this confident going into a season we went 6-10. That said, I think anything short of a couple of playoff wins has to be a disappointment this year. I would never predict a Super Bowl because too much luck is involved, but the potential is there for the first time in a long time. I say 11-5, but I feel like it could be better if we win a few of the tough games. Our first 8 games are the toughest. If we come out of that 6-2 I could easily see us going 12-4 or 13-3.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Eagles. It will be a close race, but I just see us struggling enough with the run game early in the season until the defense rounds into shape. The D's ability to take up the slack will be the key. If they shape up quicker than I think, then we could take the division. But right now, I think the Eagles are more sound on that side of the football.

Even like they were last year, it was not like we took the division and ran and hid. They ran out of gas and we got stronger, thanks of course to the run game.
Yea, pretty much this.

With a gun to my head I would pick us as division champs because there is less risk involved with our team when you consider Bradford's injury history, although I think the division is pretty much a toss up at this point.

I think 10-6 and a playoff spot is a pretty reasonable prediction, although I have no idea if that is as a division winner or wild card.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The big thing to me about the eagles, if you put aside however you feel about Bradford, is their depth is almost non-existent at a lot of spots. They're deep at RB, that's about it. On the other hand, they are razor thin on the o-line, at OLB (a huge concern for a 3-4 team), at CB (they are even saying they will probably play nickel corner by committee and Eric Rowe btw doesn't look ready), at safety, and maybe at WR .

When the Cowboys were this thin on depth recently they went 8-8. Maybe the eagles get lucky, but if I didn't know their homer mentality by now, it would be hard for me to fathom the optimism from the eagles fan base going into the season.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Their optimism exclusively stems from their faith that Chip Kelly is smarter than everyone.

Their skill position talent is probably the worst in the division and their lines sure aren't better than ours either.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The only thing that really gives me pause about the Eagles is that they have a strong front 7 and Kelly's scheme can take advantage of average or worse defenses, that alone should get them to around 8 wins. If we falter and they catch a bit of luck, especially with regards to injuries, I could easily see a scenario where they win the division.

With that said, predicting an NFL teams success is very much like poker to me. You make the best decision you can with the information you have because you can't account for luck and the randomness that occurs during an NFL season, just like you can't account for a Q coming when you go all in with A-K against Q-10.

Basically, I think we are the best team in the division right now, all things considered. We are the A-K to the Eagles Q-10, on the whole you take us, but there is certainly a chance that things go the Eagles way.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Their skill position talent is probably the worst in the division and their lines sure aren't better than ours either.
RB is the best in the division by far.

QB is about the same as Washington though with better pedigree.

WR is better than people think with Mathews and an explosive Agholor learning the ropes. It's not great, but not the abortion some people think.

Couple it with an OL that gets overlooked because they play in the same division as Dallas, and you have the makings of something a smart guy like Kelly can take to 10-6 every year (grind it out, beat the bad teams kind of record). Dallas has to be careful.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Taking into account QB, RBs and WRs, it's either Skins or Eagles who are the worst in the division. And that's counting that they are the best team in the division at RB. IMO of course.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Here are the Philly Daily News predictions for the Eagles (most 11-12 wins, none under 10...):

Staff Poll

Ed Barkowitz…11-5

Les Bowen…12-4

Bob Cooney…11-5

Doug Darroch…13-3

Paul Domowitch…11-5

Sam Donnellon…11-5

Marcus Hayes…11-5

Rich Hofmann…12-4

Dick Jerardi…11-5

Mike Kern…11-5

Ryan Lawrence…10-6

Tom Mahon…11-5

Drew McQuade…11-5

David Murphy…12-4

Jeff Neiburg…11-5

Mark Perner…12-4

Leigh Primavera…10-6

Tom Reifsnyder…12-4

Christine Sherman…11-5

John Smallwood…11-5

Bob Vetrone Jr….11-5

Deb Woodell…11-5

CONSENSUS: 11-5

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

Yeah, we will see.

dallen

Senior Tech
I don't doubt they could win 11-12 games, but that is pretty crazy

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I say something implodes this year. Like not having a RB.

8-8 no playoffs.
As long as we stick to the run, none of the RBs will matter. The yards come out of the passing game. We just need the run to keep the defense off balance and chew up clock.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
As long as we stick to the run, none of the RBs will matter. The yards come out of the passing game. We just need the run to keep the defense off balance and chew up clock.
I agree and think Michael gives us more stability here.

We aren't going to have an 1800 yard rusher, but we can still remain committed to the run to keep our 50-50 run-pass ratio.

dallen

Senior Tech
The last time I felt this confident going into a season we went 6-10. That said, I think anything short of a couple of playoff wins has to be a disappointment this year. I would never predict a Super Bowl because too much luck is involved, but the potential is there for the first time in a long time. I say 11-5, but I feel like it could be better if we win a few of the tough games. Our first 8 games are the toughest. If we come out of that 6-2 I could easily see us going 12-4 or 13-3.
I knew. I just didn't want to admit it

Smitty

DCC 4Life
These things go out the window when you lose your starting QB for the season.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
These things go out the window when you lose your starting QB for the season.
Yep. In order to name a prediction it would need to be couched or have stated contingencies. That's why I didn't respond to it.

Top Bottom