Browns fan requests players serve as pall bearers

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Lifelong fan's final wish is for local gridiron players to act as pall bearers 'so they can let him down one last time'

By ANNA EDWARDS

PUBLISHED: 06:01 EST, 9 July 2013 | UPDATED: 08:12 EST, 9 July 2013
ments

He had been a lifelong fan, patiently sticking with his Cleveland football team through thick and thin.

But it would appear that loyal Scott E. Entsminger had one last wish for the Browns - and saved it for his obituary.

The season ticket holder said he: 'He respectfully requests six Cleveland Browns pall bearers so the Browns can let him down one last time.'

The 55-year-old, of Mansfield, Ohio, died on July 4 at his home - but not before penning a song every year to send it to the Cleveland Browns as 'as well as offering other advice on how to run the team', his online obituary atThe Columbus Dispatch said.

And he certainly got the last word in with his request that six of the team carry his coffin to his funeral.

In the obituary, his family asked everyone to wear their Cleveland Browns clothing to the service in honor of the General Motors worker.

The Colombus-born father was described as a 'fun loving, kind and caring man who enjoyed gardening and fishing but his greatest enjoyment was spending time with his family'.

When the Browns heard about Entsminger's last request, they contacted his widow, Pat, and discovered that Scott's favorite player was Hall of Fame entrant Lou Groza, the NFL reported.

The team will present a Groza No 76 jersey with Entsminger's name printed on the back to the family today.

The Browns haven't enjoyed the most stellar of results lately.

Their own fans have branded their stadium the 'factory of sadness', and recently endured some humiliating losses.

The Browns had a dismal start to their 2012 season by losing their first five games.

Having lost their last six games to end the 2011 season, this marked an eleven-game losing streak, tied for the longest in team history with the 1974–75 teams.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The title of the article made me :lol

Carp

DCC 4Life
I want Jerry to lower me down, maybe he will collapse like a practice tent...I'll take him with me.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I want Jerry to lower me down, maybe he will collapse like a practice tent...I'll take him with me.
You would replace Jerry on Cowboys Rushmore IMO.

Top Bottom