Redskins at Cowboys | Week 6 Game Day Chatter Thread | 10/13/2013

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The Colts really haven't turned things over to Richardson like you would think they would.
For giving up a first you'd think he'd be their feature guy.

Colts fans have to hate that trade right now. I thought it would work out for them once he got to a better team but it really hasn't.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The only explanation for Warford not being on our board at all, aside from some sort of injury/personal background issue, would be that our scouting department/front office is just lazy as fuck and only really bothers to rank a small group of players.

I'm guessing that's what it is because there's no way a prospect like him shouldn't be ranked somewhere in the late rounds at the very least.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Cowboys wins are vs teams with a combined 4-13 record.

Losses are vs teams who are 15-3.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
We don't want good players like Warford and Floyd because they don't fit into our 8-8 scheme.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The only explanation for Warford not being on our board at all, aside from some sort of injury/personal background issue, would be that our scouting department/front office is just lazy as fuck and only really bothers to rank a small group of players.

I'm guessing that's what it is because there's no way a prospect like him shouldn't be ranked somewhere in the late rounds at the very least.
Or maybe he was on our board and somebody made it up, the only reason players get taken off a board is character issues, and injuries, we all know injuries don't get players taken off our board.

gator

Brand New Member
Do we beat the Redskins without the big returns from Harris? I'm not convinced the offense was moving the ball well enough, and I can't figure out why they struggled.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Do we beat the Redskins without the big returns from Harris? I'm not convinced the offense was moving the ball well enough, and I can't figure out why they struggled.
Yea, the offense didn't play all that well, but that shouldn't be a surprise.

Most on this board expected the offense to struggle after putting up 48 against Denver.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Do I have to go to page 90 to make a point, or can I just say, stop judging rookies after 6 weeks, especially under this HC. Do I really have to go all the way to the end to read stupid shit. Tell me now,
You don't have to read the stupid shit, but if you choose to...then yes, you must go all the way to the end.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I still say the offense struggles because there's no commitment to the run.

Run the ball, take time off the clock, keep the defense rested, and your QB will be fresher at the end of the game when you're leaning on him to get the W.

Not shocking that Romo makes dumb decisions in the 4th quarter when he's had to play his ass off all game just to keep it close.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Familiarity, we play Washington twice a year and Haslett has a good idea of how to handle this offense.

I am not giving them a pass, but you cannot project week to week in the NFL especially division games.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Run the ball, take time off the clock, keep the defense rested, and your QB will be fresher at the end of the game when you're leaning on him to get the W.

Not shocking that Romo makes dumb decisions in the 4th quarter when he's had to play his ass off all game just to keep it close.
I think its because we still have no identity as an offense what would anybody consider our bread and butter plays?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Its going to get worse with Tanner and Randle.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I think its because we still have no identity as an offense what would anybody consider our bread and butter plays?
I know it was the lowly Rams, but I can't think of another game in the last 10 years that Dallas played so completely on both sides of the ball.

Run the ball and find an identity, else you'll be making excuses for bad QB play late in the season and replacing the DC again.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Maybe it will be the spread.
Unlike most I did not have a problem when they went to it in the 3rd quarter mainly because it was the most effective we looked sometimes we need to play to our strengths but with that said a few draws and screens need to be mixed in as well.

GShock

DCC 4Life

Yep. We were moving it fine when Murray was in there, and Romo picked him up once or twice for checkdowns that were effective. When Murray went out, we no longer even attempted to run, and apparently didn't feel comfortable with Randle as a checkdown option. Worse, it left Randle as a blocker on blitzes, and at least from what I recall of the TD pass to Williams, he stunk out loud at it.

So it became the all-Tony, all the time show. I've seen that show. I know how it ends.

Thank goodness 1) for Harris' huge special teams night, 2) that Tony didn't try to force anything; and 3) that the defense made plays at the end to seal the win.

Top Bottom