NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
No trolling, the Bulls have instigated everything. Noah coming over and clapping when Bosh and Chalmers were arguing was just another way to try to start some shit. They know they have no chance so they act stupid.
That's just gamesmanship. He was trying to get under their skin and into their head.

It's nothing new. Guys like Laimbeer and Rodman have been doing stuff like that for years.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
No trolling, the Bulls have instigated everything. Noah coming over and clapping when Bosh and Chalmers were arguing was just another way to try to start some shit. They know they have no chance so they act stupid.
Are Popovich and the Spurs classless thugs?

Because they did much worse than what the Bulls are doing now basically every time they played the Suns in the 2000's. How about the architect of the Heat himself, Pat Riley, and how his Knicks teams were in the 90s?

Yea the Bulls won't win this series because they're literally playing about 6 guys, several of which started the year as 3rd stringers but the Bulls obviously know how to beat the Heat as well as anybody since their inception so it's not like they're running around thugging it up for no reason while getting blown out.

What they do against the Heat works and I honestly think alot of the so-called "physicality" of the Bulls is overblown. They play tough D, rebound and set hard picks and now Miami has decided they have to match that, it's playoff basketball and I guarantee you the Spurs or Grizzlies will do the same against them in the Finals.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Scott Brooks needs to stop trying to put Durant on Gasol. That's a horrible match up for OKC.

Gasol is much too big, strong and talented for Durant. You can get away with playing Durant against scrub PFs but he has no chance guarding a big with Gasol's skills.

Also, Reggie Jackson killed OKC with two awful fouls late in the game. They were flat out awful. OKC probably wins this game if it weren't for his momentum killing charge when the game was tied at 81.

I'm actually surprised the game was as close as it was considering that Ibaka is still playing like Kendrick Perkins and Martin had another quiet game.

We gotta have Game 4 or this series is over.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Tyson Chandler had no answer for Roy Hibbert last night.

Hibbert still has room to grow as a player and it would not surprise me if he ended being the best center in the league at some point soon.

gator

Brand New Member
Tyson Chandler had no answer for Roy Hibbert last night.

Hibbert still has room to grow as a player and it would not surprise me if he ended being the best center in the league at some point soon.
Chandler doesn't look right, I bet he's still hampered by the neck injury. They need him to start playing better to have a shot in this series. As it is now they're just getting crushed on the inside.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Chandler doesn't look right, I bet he's still hampered by the neck injury. They need him to start playing better to have a shot in this series. As it is now they're just getting crushed on the inside.
A completely healthy Chandler wouldn't make much of a difference. The Pacers are a bigger team with a much stronger interior game.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
A completely healthy Chandler wouldn't make much of a difference. The Pacers are a bigger team with a much stronger interior game.
Agreed.

The Pacers have a number of guys who are physical and and get their points in the post.

The Knicks are a jump shooting team plus Chandler. They'd lose this series regardless.

1bigfan13

Staff member
If the Bulls could just throw in the towel and not have to play game 5 I bet they would.

Glad I decided to skip that snoozefest of a game.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If the Bulls could just throw in the towel and not have to play game 5 I bet they would.

Glad I decided to skip that snoozefest of a game.
Yea, this one is as good as over.

The Heat are winning this in 5 games just as most suspected. I thought the Bulls would have one last solid effort to give at home, but they are simply down one too many men.

Heat vs Pacers coming up.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Thunder let one slip away tonight. They had to have this one. Up 17 in the first half and got walked down by the Grizz.

The Thunder are going to lose this series but I came away impressed with how closely they played the Grizzlies in every contest. Every game of the series has literally come down to the last minute.

They lost 24 pts 7 assists and 6 rebounds from their lineup. If you can still compete with an elite team missing those types of numbers I have to believe we'd have won this series in 6 games with a healthy Westbrook.

1bigfan13

Staff member
P.S. Amnesty Kendrick Perkins this summer please.

kthxbai

Carp

DCC 4Life
Thunder let one slip away tonight. They had to have this one. Up 17 in the first half and got walked down by the Grizz.

The Thunder are going to lose this series but I came away impressed with how closely they played the Grizzlies in every contest. Every game of the series has literally come down to the last minute.

They lost 24 pts 7 assists and 6 rebounds from their lineup. If you can still compete with an elite team missing those types of numbers I have to believe we'd have won this series in 6 games with a healthy Westbrook.
I really thought they could still win this series. They were lucky to get out of the first round. I know they felt they had to deal Harden for the longterm financials, but I bet they wish they had gone to the 60 mil over 4 years he wanted instead of the 55.5 they offered. Maybe Lamb develops...maybe they get lucky with the lottery this year, but it is a shame to see a team that looked like it could have been a dynasty broken up of 4.5 million.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I feel like a Kevin Sampson hiring in Philly is imminent.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I really thought they could still win this series. They were lucky to get out of the first round. I know they felt they had to deal Harden for the longterm financials, but I bet they wish they had gone to the 60 mil over 4 years he wanted instead of the 55.5 they offered. Maybe Lamb develops...maybe they get lucky with the lottery this year, but it is a shame to see a team that looked like it could have been a dynasty broken up of 4.5 million.
It's very frustrating knowing that we lost Harden over $5M dollars. Apparently he was willing to take that $60M.

It's even more frustrating when you take into consideration that a complete scrub like Kendrick Perkins is making over $7M per year. I'm not an expert on how the NBA cap works but it seems to me that the Thunder could have amnestied Perkins to free up some money for Harden.

Scrub big men like Perkins are a dime a dozen and can be had for the league minimum. A lot of people say the Thunder chose Ibaka over Harden but I say they foolishly chose Perkins over Harden.

Am I missing something?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I do believe that once upon a time someone here thought it was idiotic that I suggested that Knicks/Pacers was a tossup and that the Knicks weren't a lock to win that series.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm not getting the pic that you posted, Boberts.

What's the story behind it?

Top Bottom