skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The greatest thing to happen to Texas Tech University -

The Hancellor

Suck it Iamtdg and Rev.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Who cares if a big University raises a bunch of money? Will the students get a tuition break? No, they'll still be in debt for the next 25 years.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Hance will eventually ruin my university if he stays around long enough.

Dr. Kelly Overley is the one that raised all the money. Hance sat back and watched her.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How is the AD Hocutt working out there in your opinion. His uncle is a close friend of mine.

Cotton

Staff member
How is the AD Hocutt working out there in your opinion. His uncle is a close friend of mine.
He is a great guy. He is really easy to work with, and he keeps his athletes in check. I had a meeting with him and a couple of his staff just today. Really good guy, and seems to really be on top of things.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Lol, that's right, Hance is ruining the university.

That's good stuff there. I'd like to hear what he's ruining.

Cotton

Staff member
Lol, that's right, Hance is ruining the university.

That's good stuff there. I'd like to hear what he's ruining.
Alumni center, New residence hall funding, allocation of land use, use of university funds to contract a parking garage that is raping the university... the list goes on.

Not to include the fact that he outbid Margaret Talkington on her death bed so he could have naming rights of the chapel that was built last year. Besides all that he is a great guy.

Rumor is he is taking August off to deliberate what he wants to do. Most of us that actually work here want him gone.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
That is pretty amazing that Tech has made its biggest leaps in school history since he has been there while he has been awful.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Alumni center, New residence hall funding, allocation of land use, use of university funds to contract a parking garage that is raping the university... the list goes on.

Not to include the fact that he outbid Margaret Talkington on her death bed so he could have naming rights of the chapel that was built last year. Besides all that he is a great guy.

Rumor is he is taking August off to deliberate what he wants to do. Most of us that actually work here want him gone.
Skid is the Spagnola of Texas Tech and Kent Hance is the Jerry Jones.

Cotton

Staff member
That is pretty amazing that Tech has made its biggest leaps in school history since he has been there while he has been awful.
You do realize that Guy Bailey started the push to tier 1 right?

Guy brought in more in research funding than Hance has ever seen.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Stay tuned for my Stephen F Austin State University thread.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Skid is the Spagnola of Texas Tech and Kent Hance is the Jerry Jones.
Except that Tech has grown and improved by leaps and bounds instead of "ruining" the university.

This stupidity that Iamtdg is spewing is entertaining. At first he claims that The Hancellor is ruining the university and then when I point to all of the improvements he says that it happened in spite of one the best overall men on campus.

Which is it Iamtdg?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

I see that you don't like Hance, the legend, greatest man alive and all but come on dude. Did you just pull some crap outta your arse that you don't like going on at Tech and blame it on Hance? And then in the same breath give credit to anyone but Hance for the improvements? That seems like a personal problem rather than anything built on facts.

Just off the top of my head I see holes everywhere in your hate list. Being someone who actually works there (lol) you'd think you would be a little more on the up and up on stuff like the parking garage. You are aware that the alumni association that sunk that embarrassment, don't? Come on man.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Except that Tech has grown and improved by leaps and bounds instead of "ruining" the university.

This stupidity that Iamtdg is spewing is entertaining. At first he claims that The Hancellor is ruining the university and then when I point to all of the improvements he says that it happened in spite of one the best overall men on campus.

Which is it Iamtdg?
I couldn't afford the tuition when I graduated HS and had to go to a smaller college that offered me a scholarship (Texas Tech doesn't know what an academic scholarship is as far as I could tell). Now the tuition is twice as much. The school is being run as a way to ruin kids lives with debt, not as a way to help people earn a better living when they get out. Every university has that problem, but praising Kent Hance for helping the school do that is like praising a pimp for finding employment for underprivileged and underage women. The fact that he's close buddies with Rick Perry, the governor who has done me more personal harm than any other person on the planet doesn't help.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Well, I agree that college is about the biggest money scam going right now. That has really accelerated due to stupid consumers throwing government money around like crazy people and the government letting it happen. Our educational system is screwed right now. Tuition is stupid high. That is why my kids go to Jr College before they go to other places.

As far as being resentful about not getting an academic scholarship...welp, it seems like you weren't smart enough and now you are mad at TTU for that? Geez, bro I don't know what to say. Tech gives about 20 million away in academic scholarships.

I am sorry that you were too broke to go to Tech as well. It sounds like the university has really done you wrong over the years. I would be really angry too.

Tech owes you an apology for you not accepting your grades and for you being poor. Also for making you go to a smaller college.

DAMMIT hANCE!

Top Bottom