NBA Chatter Thread

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Sixers starting to gel, have won 5 of 6. When is the last time THAT'S happened?

Get Simmons back healthy and we might have a little something.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Sixers starting to gel, have won 5 of 6. When is the last time THAT'S happened?

Get Simmons back healthy and we might have a little something.
If we get one or two of the top guards in the draft, look out.

Also, thank you OkC for Iliasova, that dude can play.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Haven't had much to say in here since the Mavericks have been awful -- but make no mistake, this is a good thing! Instead of keeping the team just afloat as a 7th or 8th seed for the umpteenth time, this will force Cuban to finally rebuild like they should have done for each of the last 3 seasons.

Anyhow, while this has been a terrible season for them, the silver lining will be handing the Lakers their worst loss in franchise history.

We beat them by 49 points. :lol

How do you let THIS Mavs team beat you by 49? How does that happen?

dallen

Senior Tech
Haven't had much to say in here since the Mavericks have been awful -- but make no mistake, this is a good thing! Instead of keeping the team just afloat as a 7th or 8th seed for the umpteenth time, this will force Cuban to finally rebuild like they should have done for each of the last 3 seasons.

Anyhow, while this has been a terrible season for them, the silver lining will be handing the Lakers their worst loss in franchise history.

We beat them by 49 points. :lol

How do you let THIS Mavs team beat you by 49? How does that happen?
I've barely been invested in the Mavs the past few years. Until Cuban admits they have to rebuild I just don't see the point. Basketball isn't football for me. I care about it, but I can go a month in the season without watching a game. I don't care to watch a team spinning its wheels.

Jiggyfly

Banned
These 2 guys have been the key to the season for the Rockets, they are looking like the steals of last years draft.:towel

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I've barely been invested in the Mavs the past few years. Until Cuban admits they have to rebuild I just don't see the point. Basketball isn't football for me. I care about it, but I can go a month in the season without watching a game. I don't care to watch a team spinning its wheels.
I thought they've been trying to rebuild. They just haven't completely tanked like the Sixers. Cuban's targeted some really good FAs but for some reason Dallas isn't a desirable place for NBA FAs.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm glad that we're finally starting to see some new teams finally get it and becoming relevant again. I've been watching a lot of Sixers, Bucks, and Wizards lately mainly because they are fresh faces who are playing well. It feels like we're witnessing the early stages of a changing of the guard, where the reign of Lebron over the Eastern Conference is fast approaching.

I thought we'd see the Bucks be competitive last year but they regressed instead. This has been a nice bounce back year for them. I'm still waiting on the T-wolves to make that kind of jump. Maybe it happens in year 2 with Thibs.

As an aside, OKC has done well to tread water during the brutal January schedule. They only have 3 home games this entire month. They've managed to go 6-6 so far and have some winnable games in front of them. Tonight's home game vs. Dallas and Sunday afternoon's road game in Cleveland looks very winnable all of a sudden. The 4th seed is a very real possibility.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm just catching up on this Chicago Bulls situation. They are such a train wreck right now.

I'll be surprised if Rondo is still with the team after the trade deadline. Problem is, Rondo has a reputation as a bit of a cancer so I don't think anyone would really be interested in him.

1bigfan13

Staff member

1bigfan13

Staff member
Also, great back and forth discussion by the NBA on TNT guys regarding Lebron's whining about the Cavs needing another play maker.

I'm with Charles Barkley. The players today piss me off not wanting to compete. They think they need to have a roster full of all stars in order to win.

The Cavs have the highest payroll in the NBA and have 3 All Stars in their prime. I don't want to hear shit about needing another play maker. He's whining as if he's playing for a cheap organization that's refusing to spend money. GTFOH!

1bigfan13

Staff member
Wade responds to Rondo.

There may actually be a fist fight in the Bulls locker room within the next 24 hours.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If the piece of shit Bulls front office had a brain in their skulls they'd trade Butler to the Celtics for the two Brooklyn picks and whatever complimentary pieces they can get thrown in. The Cavs look like they're fracturing just a bit and Butler may be enough to put them over the top in the East. Then trade Wade where ever he wants to go for whatever, and proceed to tank as hard as possible. They should be able to offload Gibson and Lopez to a contender also.

The Bulls have one of the most pathetic rosters in the league, with a gump of a coach and led by an even worse front office/management structure. All the young players are average at best or flat out suck, Wade is obviously in the twilight of his career and guys like Lopez/Gibson are decent but they're both late 20's/early 30's and maxed out as far as potential.

A forward-thinking, creative front office would see that Butler's value is likely as high as it will ever be and that there is a perfect win-now trade partner in the Celtics who have almost guaranteed top-10 picks in 2017 and 2018, with the 2017 pick being a lock top 5 pick in one of the strongest drafts in years.

Butler is great but there is almost no chance that the Bulls will be able to rebuild into a legit ECF contender over the next 2-3 years, at which point he'll be pushing 30 and be up for a new contract. You play the odds on this one, cash the asset in now, hope to strike gold with two top 10 picks in a stacked 2017 class, and then augment that with what will likely be two top 10 picks in 2018.

Oh, and then get rid of the gump coach and moronic front office.

But that's what an intelligent front office would do. The Bulls are a horrifically run team and will likely still hold on to hope that they can pull the 7th or 8th seed out of their asses for a few games of playoff revenue.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Enes Kanter broke his damn forearm punching a chair last night. He'll be out 6-8 weeks.

I'll be shocked if they can play .500+ ball without Kanter.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Wade responds to Rondo.

There may actually be a fist fight in the Bulls locker room within the next 24 hours.

Yikes!

Shots Fired!:lol

They are both too old to be doing this on social media it makes them both look bad.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yikes!

Shots Fired!:lol

They are both too old to be doing this on social media it makes them both look bad.
Nah. You're just old. This is 2017. This is how beef is settled now.

Addressing your problem with someone face-to-face is so passé. Today it's all about firing off sub-tweets or being passive aggressive like Lebron.

:art

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
My favorite part is Rondo trying to demonstrate that he's not a bad teammate by very clearly being a bad teammate. :lol

1bigfan13

Staff member
I didn't catch the game but Harden had another another unbelievable game.

We're seeing some historic performances this year. I like that coaches aren't afraid to break traditional barriers and put the ball into their best players hands as pseudo PGs. Milwaukee is one of the other teams who have found success by doing this.

It actually reminds me of how the Phil Jackson's Bulls were ran. The ball was pretty much always in the hands of either Jordan or Pippen.

D

Deuce

If the piece of shit Bulls front office had a brain in their skulls they'd trade Butler to the Celtics for the two Brooklyn picks and whatever complimentary pieces they can get thrown in. The Cavs look like they're fracturing just a bit and Butler may be enough to put them over the top in the East. Then trade Wade where ever he wants to go for whatever, and proceed to tank as hard as possible. They should be able to offload Gibson and Lopez to a contender also.

The Bulls have one of the most pathetic rosters in the league, with a gump of a coach and led by an even worse front office/management structure. All the young players are average at best or flat out suck, Wade is obviously in the twilight of his career and guys like Lopez/Gibson are decent but they're both late 20's/early 30's and maxed out as far as potential.

A forward-thinking, creative front office would see that Butler's value is likely as high as it will ever be and that there is a perfect win-now trade partner in the Celtics who have almost guaranteed top-10 picks in 2017 and 2018, with the 2017 pick being a lock top 5 pick in one of the strongest drafts in years.

Butler is great but there is almost no chance that the Bulls will be able to rebuild into a legit ECF contender over the next 2-3 years, at which point he'll be pushing 30 and be up for a new contract. You play the odds on this one, cash the asset in now, hope to strike gold with two top 10 picks in a stacked 2017 class, and then augment that with what will likely be two top 10 picks in 2018.

Oh, and then get rid of the gump coach and moronic front office.

But that's what an intelligent front office would do. The Bulls are a horrifically run team and will likely still hold on to hope that they can pull the 7th or 8th seed out of their asses for a few games of playoff revenue.
Sorry bro, but the Nets pick isn't for sale. You'll get a hodgepodge of other picks packaged with Marcus Smart and like it.

Top Bottom