President Trump Thread...

townsend

Banned
I agree but at the same time one bad act doesn't justify another. Trump was an idiot for jumping to those conclusions with no real evidence. So obviously news sources doing the same thing are just as much in the wrong.
But he doesn't have any right to say "how dare you" to anyone, birtherism is what kept him politically relevant.

If real journalists were repeating this as fact, there would be a problem. But if he loses his political power to the hot take machine that handed it to him in the first place, that's just hilarious justice.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No news sources jumped to any conclusions, the site that posted the documents (BuzzFeed) even posted that they were unsubstantiated.
This is the problem. You're smarter then this. The only reason you're making this ridiculous argument is because you're a democratic apologist. You can't post something like that and then state it's totally unsubstantiated. Why the hell as a news source are you posting something that is totally unsubstantiated?

Even you can see how that is talking out of both sides of their mouth. So yeah, they jumped the gun.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But he doesn't have any right to say "how dare you" to anyone, birtherism is what kept him politically relevant.
It's totally and completely hypocritical of him. And frankly he has made the media his enemy from early in his political campaign. So it's not surprising that they are going to lash out at Trump every chance they get. The sad thing is I sort of agree that the media needs to be called out for their bullshit. But coming from Trump it's the pot calling the kettle black.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This is the problem. You're smarter then this. The only reason you're making this ridiculous argument is because you're a democratic apologist. You can't post something like that and then state it's totally unsubstantiated. Why the hell as a news source are you posting something that is totally unsubstantiated?

Even you can see how that is talking out of both sides of their mouth. So yeah, they jumped the gun.
I already stated that I did not agree with them releasing the documents, did you miss that?

But unlike Trump with his accusations they actually said these things were unsubstantiated.

Are you a Republican apologist since you are making an argument for Trump?

See how that works?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I already stated that I did not agree with them releasing the documents, did you miss that?

But unlike Trump with his accusations they actually said these things were unsubstantiated.

Are you a Republican apologist since you are making an argument for Trump?

See how that works?
I don't think I'm making an argument for Trump at all. If I did on this issue please let me know.

townsend

Banned
It's totally and completely hypocritical of him. And frankly he has made the media his enemy from early in his political campaign. So it's not surprising that they are going to lash out at Trump every chance they get. The sad thing is I sort of agree that the media needs to be called out for their bullshit. But coming from Trump it's the pot calling the kettle black.
I agree. It's probably a poor precedent. I can't help but wonder if the way this played out wasn't the intelligence agency flexing their muscles after Trump shit on them.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'm trying so hard to give Trump a chance but he is such a douche wagon.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I agree. It's probably a poor precedent. I can't help but wonder if the way this played out wasn't the intelligence agency flexing their muscles after Trump shit on them.
Chances are that it was NSA or CIA. The FBI wouldn't do something without the sanctions of the DOJ. My finger would point to Clapper at the CIA. His agency would have more access to international intelligence operatives.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't think I'm making an argument for Trump at all. If I did on this issue please let me know.
Wait what?

I did not mention democrats at any time yet you jumped down my throat for being an apologist and now you are feigning ignorance about why the same accusations could be assigned to you?

That's very rich CRock.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Chances are that it was NSA or CIA. The FBI wouldn't do something without the sanctions of the DOJ. My finger would point to Clapper at the CIA. His agency would have more access to international intelligence operatives.
What are you accusing Clapper of?

These documents have been circulating among news agencies and intelligence for several months.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What are you accusing Clapper of?

These documents have been circulating among news agencies and intelligence for several months.
The report that got attached to the recent briefing documents and was subsequently released to CNN who released it to the public.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wait what?

I did not mention democrats at any time yet you jumped down my throat for being an apologist and now you are feigning ignorance about why the same accusations could be assigned to you?

That's very rich CRock.
Because you're defending a position without any real argument. And you have a history of defending the democratic position no matter what. You like to give LT shit for being a Republican apologist but frankly you're the same thing but the other side every time. On the other hand I've ripped both Trump and the media on this issue. So technically I guess I just hate on everyone.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The report that got attached to the recent briefing documents and was subsequently released to CNN who released it to the public.
Uh no.

CNN released no document, that was BuzzFeed and it was not the same document given to Trump.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Uh no.

CNN released no document, that was BuzzFeed and it was not the same document given to Trump.
CNN released the contents on the air. The spent an entire day reporting about it. Buzz Feed released it to the internet.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Because you're defending a position without any real argument. And you have a history of defending the democratic position no matter what. You like to give LT shit for being a Republican apologist but frankly you're the same thing but the other side every time. On the other hand I've ripped both Trump and the media on this issue. So technically I guess I just hate on everyone.
I was not particularly defending anything just stating the facts of this matter and even then how did you leap to making it a democratic thing?

I don't give L.T. shit about Republicans I give him shit about Trump, so wrong again and what does that have to do with this?

I have ripped Hillary plenty so exactly what point are you trying to make?

Jiggyfly

Banned
CNN released the contents on the air. The spent an entire day reporting about it. Buzz Feed released it to the internet.
And what does any of that have to do with Clapper?

CNN and BuzzFeed had that information for weeks.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't have any problems taking a position on something that I think is wrong. I am more aligned to the conservative views of what at one time was also embraced by the Republican Party. In reality the Republican Party has moved from these historic views. I have actually registered as a Democrat more than 50 years ago when they were the conservative group. As far as actual party affiliation is concerned I am still on record as Democrat.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Office Of Government Ethics Director Blasts Trump Plan: 'Wholly Inadequate'

ByMATT SHUHAM
PublishedJANUARY 11, 2017, 5:51 PM EDT

In an extraordinary move, the director of the Office of Government Ethics publicly criticized Trump’s plan to separate his business interests from his presidential tenure, saying the plan Trump announced Wednesday at a news conference “doesn’t meet the standards” that other presidents, or even some of Trump’s nominees, had met.

"I wish circumstances were different and I didn't feel the need to make public remarks today,” Walter Shaub Jr. said Wednesday, according to the Associated Press.

Trump announced Wednesday that he would not sell his illiquid business assets or even put them in a blind trust. Rather, he would allow his sons to run his business, terminate all new foreign deals, and donate profits made from business dealings with foreign governments to the U.S. Treasury.

The Hill, which first reported Shaub made the remarks at the Brookings Institution, quoted him as saying Trump's plan to separate himself from his business was "wholly inadequate."

According to a transcript of Shaub's prepared remarks posted on Brookings' website, he called Trump's plan to "limit direct communication" about the business "wholly inadequate."

“The plan the [President-elect] has announced doesn’t meet the standards that the best of his nominees are meeting and that every president in the last four decades have met,” Shaub said. “We can’t risk the perception that government leaders would use their official positions for professional profit.”

Sheri Dillon, a lawyer assisting Trump with transferring his business to his children, said at Trump's press conference that selling off Trump's assets would result in a “fire sale,” or could lead to Trump being accused of receiving an improperly high sum for his properties. Shaub responded by saying that he didn’t think “divestiture is too high a price to be president of the United States of America."

Responding to Trump’s repeated comment during the press conference, and previously since his election, that presidents cannot have conflicts of interest, Shaub called the assertion “quite obviously not true."

“I think the most charitable way to understand such statements is that they are referring to a particular conflict-of-interest law that does not apply to the president,” he said, adding “common sense dictates that the president can of course have very real conflicts of interests.”

In late December, a Freedom of Information Act request from NPR revealed that Shaub was behind an odd series of tweets from the Office of Government Ethics' official Twitter account applauding what ended up being the incorrect belief that Trump would divest all of his business holdings.

"Bravo! Only way to resolve these conflicts of interest is to divest. Good call!" one of them read.

Last week, CNBC published leaked emails from Shaub in which he told aides that he had "lost contact" with Trump's transition team following his electoral victory.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And what does any of that have to do with Clapper?

CNN and BuzzFeed had that information for weeks.
I don't have time to rehash the events that have occurred but long story short someone had to orchestrate the movement of this document to the Security briefing with Trump that activated Trumps internal investigation that brought this to the forefront and precipitated the shouting match with the CNN reporter.

Top Bottom