2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
F**k that, unless he is died or sold the team.

I haven't given up on the Cowboys merchandise boycott.

Nor have I, but the reason I'm not buying anything is because I didn't agree with the way the team was being managed.

As it turns out, he may finally realize that when you let other folks run the show you can actually make more money.

That's really all I wanted. Let people who know what they're doing help make decisions. It's looking like that's happening now.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Nor have I, but the reason I'm not buying anything is because I didn't agree with the way the team was being managed.

As it turns out, he may finally realize that when you let other folks run the show you can actually make more money.

That's really all I wanted. Let people who know what they're doing help make decisions. It's looking like that's happening now.
Far enough, I am not buying anything until he is gone.

Just the way I was raised. :unsure

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

That's pretty much where I'm at right now. He has stepped back, apparently, and that's all I really ever wanted.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Far enough, I am not buying anything until he is gone.

Just the way I was raised. :unsure

Don't flinch, you carrot munchin bastid!

Cotton

Staff member

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's simple trade him and restructure some other deals. People panic with the restructure but its the same thing as doing a June 1st cut. June first passes some of his money into future caps. That's exactly what restructuring does. So instead you restructure other guys and take the full hit on Romo right away. The end result is massive cap savings without jeapordizing your future cap anymore then a June 1st designation.

2233boys

Not So New Member
If it was up to me, I'd keep Romo.

Also where is our Packers thread, it is Monday. [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] step it up

Cotton

Staff member

Also where is our Packers thread, it is Monday. [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] step it up
Done. :thumbsup

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

IF he wouldn't cost us 25 mil against the cap next year I'd agree. And if we didn't have a young probowl QB starting for us with a cap charge under 1 mil.

2233boys

Not So New Member
IF he wouldn't cost us 25 mil against the cap next year I'd agree. And if we didn't have a young probowl QB starting for us with a cap charge under 1 mil.
I look at it this way, combine their cap hits and Dallas has two starting Qb's next year for around what it costs other teams to have one QB. 25,335,848

Less than a Million over what the Ravens are paying for Flacco.
Little over a million over what the Cardinals are paying for Palmer.
1.5 million over what the Falcons are paying for Ryan
3-6 million over what the Giants, Dolphins, Lions, Packers, Chargers and Panthers are paying for their QB's

Jiggyfly

Banned
I look at it this way, combine their cap hits and Dallas has two starting Qb's next year for around what it costs other teams to have one QB. 25,335,848

Less than a Million over what the Ravens are paying for Flacco.
Little over a million over what the Cardinals are paying for Palmer.
1.5 million over what the Falcons are paying for Ryan
3-6 million over what the Giants, Dolphins, Lions, Packers, Chargers and Panthers are paying for their QB's
Why carry 2 QB at that cap number and not reap the rewards of being able to use that money to upgrade the team in other areas.

Why would you allocate that much money to a backup position?

And there is no way Romo is playing the good soldier all next year as a backup, why add that distraction to the locker room?

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
If Romo stays as a backup I think that means he's admitted to himself that he's too fragile to start anymore and in that case I say retirement is more likely than hanging around as a clipboard holder.

If he's healthy enough in his mind I can't see anyway he doesn't want to go somewhere else and start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom