Packers Stuff...

dallen

Senior Tech
We have to win this game. I feel like if we do and then lose to a really good Falcons team next we I shouldn't be disappointed considering where we started, but I know I would be.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I guess 22 years worth of letdowns can't be completely erased with just one regular season. I am bracing myself.
Me too, I can't help but feel like we are going to lose.

We haven't won a divisional round playoff game since I met my wife. After we met, she came to my house for Dinner, and the Cowboys lost to the Panthers.

For a time, we hadn't won a playoff game since I met my wife. Almost divorced her. j/k

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This season has been a total surprise for me, but it's useless if they don't win the SB.

Love the story, but it's time for a winner.
Fuck the romance. Win dammit.

2233boys

Not So New Member
The key difference in 2014 was that Rodgers was slightly injured and wasn't playing as well as he is now, but with that said he was 24/35 for 316 yards, 3 TD's and no INT's, so you can't really do much better than that. Other than that you have to say that there is more working in our favor, both in terms of their offensive personnel and our defensive personnel.

They had Jordy Nelson who had a career year in 2014, Eddie Lacy actually gave them a credible running threat (over 1,100 regular season yards and over 100 in the playoff game on 19 carries), and they had Josh Sitton who also was at the top of his game at that point. Other than Sitton they have the exact same OL, although I guess you could say that Bakhtiari and Lang have improved since then. You could also argue that Adams is better now, and perhaps Jared Cook is more of a threat at TE, although I think it's clear that the losses of Nelson/Lacy (as he was playing in 2014)/Sitton are more impactful than those improvements.

On the flip side, in that game our defense was heavily reliant on guys like Sterling Moore, Nick Hayden, Jeremy Mincey, George Selvie, Josh Brent and even Ken Bishop. Guys like Henry Melton and Terrell McClain were injured, forcing Bishop and Brent in to the lineup and they actually played a decent amount of snaps, even Jack Crawford was out too. I think it's clear that our current DL is an upgrade over Mincey/Selvie/Spencer/Hayden/Crawford/Bishop/Brent/rookie Lawrence. Then of course you have Lee who is a major addition, as well as Jones on the back end.

This Packers team hasn't really added any major pieces since 2014 like we have as far as Lee, Jones, Elliott, and perhaps Irving or Collins, they are more or less the exact same team on both sides of the ball and have only improved as far as players like Adams and Bakhitiari getting better internally.
He was almost as good going into the 2014 playoffs. Buffalo that year, Bears this year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This season has been a total surprise for me, but it's useless if they don't win the SB.

Love the story, but it's time for a winner.
I don't know about useless. What we have done this year should set this team up for success over the next 5+ years. So I don't know that this year is worthless if we don't beat the Packers. It's still a building block for our future. But any time you have home field advantage throughout the playoffs you want to take advantage. So I'd be massively disappointed if we aren't able to beat the Packers. I'm just not ready for football to end.

townsend

Banned
We need to beat the packers, otherwise this is just 2007 again. It's shocking how many teams in this conference have made it to the NFC championship multiple times since the last time we were there.

49ers 4x
Seahawks 3x
Rams 2x
Cardinals 2x

Packers 5x
Vikings 3x
Bears 2x

Panthers 4x
Bucs 2x
Falcons 2x
Saints 2x

Eagles 5x
Giants 3x

D

Deuce

We need to beat the packers, otherwise this is just 2007 again. It's shocking how many teams in this conference have made it to the NFC championship multiple times since the last time we were there.

Eagles 5x
With nothing to show for it. :lol :towel

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I don't know about useless. What we have done this year should set this team up for success over the next 5+ years. So I don't know that this year is worthless if we don't beat the Packers. It's still a building block for our future. But any time you have home field advantage throughout the playoffs you want to take advantage. So I'd be massively disappointed if we aren't able to beat the Packers. I'm just not ready for football to end.
I don't want these guys to start out with a let-down.

Out of the gate Super Bowl wins...stack em up!

p1_

DCC 4Life
Mine is, too, but I am nervous as hell. I should be confident after watching what this team has done this year, but I have had my heart ripped out too many times to carry any decent level of confidence into the game.
you gotta know this is not the same.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
And that one was in green bay.

I don't know that we were the better team that year. We were probably more or less even.

We are the better team this year though.
This is how I feel as well. They have the better QB but Dallas has the better overall team.

I'm not trying to jinx it or anything, but I'm pretty confident that Dallas will pull out the W.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we play our game, avoid critical mistakes, and contain Rodgers to any type of reasonable degree we win.

Simple as that.

I'm extremely optimistic about our future no matter what happens Sunday but it's time for the vast majority of this team to grab their sacks, grow up and dominate like they can.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If the Cowboys defense can go toe to toe with the Packers for the first half and the offense can put something on the board then there is a fighting chance. If the defense caves in the first half it's Bye Bye Birdie.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If the Cowboys defense can go toe to toe with the Packers for the first half and the offense can put something on the board then there is a fighting chance. If the defense caves in the first half it's Bye Bye Birdie.
I think that's how they should be feeling actually.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think that's how they should be feeling actually.
I would blitz and stunt the shit out of Rodgers.

The Giants were playing soft, with some exotic rush looks with pretty straight forward zone coverage behind it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I would blitz and stunt the shit out of Rodgers.

The Giants were playing soft, with some exotic rush looks with pretty straight forward zone coverage behind it.
The Giants didn't really go after him. Seemed like they were satisfied using the mush-rush. Something like that works against scramble guys like Vick, but it's risky, IMO, to intentionally give elite QBs like Rogers that much time to find a receiver.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm cautiously optimistic about this one, mostly because of Dak and Zeke. I feel like they bring a certain level of confidence and swagger to this team that has been missing. I just don't feel the impending sense of doom that I always had before a big game in the Romo/Witten era.
I do.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Aaron Rodgers to Dak Prescott: Playoff experience matters
Sportsnaut
Vincent Frank
6 hrs ago

Probably the most-hyped game heading into the NFL Divisional Playoffs, the streaking Green Bay Packers will head into Dallas to take on the No. 1 seed Cowboys on Sunday afternoon.
It’s a game that pits a former MVP and Super Bowl winner against an inexperienced quarterback that’s coming off a historical regular season.

Winners of seven consecutive games, Aaron Rodgers and the Packers will look to hand Dak Prescott’s Cowboys a loss in his first NFL Playoff start.

In talking about the dynamics of this matchup, Rodgers had some interesting things to say about what he sees heading in.

“There’s a lot of things that go into it, but you’re a top-seed and you’ve been off for a week,” Rodgers said, via the Star-Telegram. “There’s added pressure of trying to hold serve at home and there’s the potential rust factor of haven’t played in a few weeks. A lot of starters didn’t play in that last game against Philly. We’re coming off a stretch where we had to win every game for the last seven to keep this thing rolling.”

Once boasting a 4-6 record on the season, Green Bay had to win out in order to earn the NFC North title and a playoff spot. For his part, Rodgers has been absolutely dominant over the past two months. In the eight games during that span, he’s thrown 22 touchdowns compared to zero interceptions. That’s just absurd.

On the other hand, the Cowboys pretty much coasted to the NFC East title and the No. 1 seed in the conference. Following a season-opening loss, Dallas won 11 consecutive games to pretty much entrench itself into the top spot in the NFC.

More than the minor detail of one team practically playing playoff football for the past two months, Rodgers also seems to think that experience matters here.

“There’s a lot to be said about momentum and about playoff experience I think,” Rodgers said.

Surely, the more experienced you are in playoff conditions, the better you are prepared to avoid mistakes and play a clean game. But what we’ve seen from Prescott thus far this season, it sure looks like no stage is too big for him.

We’ll have an answer as to whether that’s the case when Dallas hosts Green Bay Sunday afternoon for a spot in the NFC Championship game at stake.

Top Bottom