Wildcard Weekend Chatter Thread - 1/7/17 - 1/8/17

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I got a good laugh last night out of LaDainian Tomlinson roasting Odell Beckham for being fake tough when it came to the cold weather.

We all saw Odell and other players out on the field shirtless and in shorts during the pregame warmups. LT then pointed out via video how Odell and the other WRs were all on the sideline huddled up together under blankets struggling to stay warm. :lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If we don't run the ball 50 times next week and keep Rodgers off the field, Garrett and Linehan should be fired on the spot.
Remember when we were up by like 17 against them going into the second half that one time and ran the ball 7 times in the second half?

Yeah, me too.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm not nervous about the game. I have confidence in our team's ability to match up with the Packers. Particularly since we've already beaten them once this year; soundly in their own backyard.

No I'm not guaranteeing a victory, it's simply understanding that the Cowboys have a very talented team as well. The Packers will score some TDs but so will our guys. The Cowboys offense should be able to move the ball more consistently than that raggedy Giants offense.

Right now my pick is leaning towards a Cowboys 28-24 victory.

The only real concern that I have is off the field related. I'm hoping that Packers fans don't overrun the stadium. Dallas fans aren't rowdy but I at least want the Packers to feel as if they are playing in a semi-hostile environment.

Cotton

Staff member
I'm not nervous about the game. I have confidence in our team's ability to match up with the Packers. Particularly since we've already beaten them once this year; soundly in their own backyard.

No I'm not guaranteeing a victory, it's simply understanding that the Cowboys have a very talented team as well. The Packers will score some TDs but so will our guys. The Cowboys offense should be able to move the ball more consistently than that raggedy Giants offense.

Right now my pick is leaning towards a Cowboys 28-24 victory.

The only real concern that I have is off the field related. I'm hoping that Packers fans don't overrun the stadium. Dallas fans aren't rowdy but I at least want the Packers to feel as if they are playing in a semi-hostile environment.
Take it to The Stuff thread. :unsure

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Remember when we were up by like 17 against them going into the second half that one time and ran the ball 7 times in the second half?

Yeah, me too.
And Murray averaging over 7 a carry.,,,

1bigfan13

Staff member

Yeah, me too.
I'm legitimately still pissed about that game.

Despite Murray and the other RBs averaging over 6 ypc, Romo came out in the second half constantly checking to pass plays and Garrett refused to reel him in Romo.

I remember even Packers defensive players were talking about how grateful they were that Dallas stopped running the ball. They even admitted that they didn't have an answer for what we were doing.

Dammit, Iamtdg. Why'd you have to bring up that game? You just ruined my day.

I'm gonna go bang my head against the wall some and punch it in frustration.

Cotton

Staff member

Despite Murray and the other RBs averaging over 6 ypc, Romo came out in the second half constantly checking to pass plays and Garrett refused to reel him in Romo.

I remember even Packers defensive players were talking about how grateful they were that Dallas stopped running the ball. They even admitted that they didn't have an answer for what we were doing.

Hey, we all need to stay sharp this week. If we don't learn from our mistakes we are doomed to repeat them.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And Murray averaging over 7 a carry.,,,
Ah yes......the game where we inexplicably kept throwing the ball, with the final drive ending in a back-breaking pick from Romo which resulted in:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

That was the day I was done with Garrett. Such an inexcusable coaching blunder.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I remember when Eli signed the wall after the first game at AT&T stadium.

This wall news is way more enjoyable.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I remember when Eli signed the wall after the first game at AT&T stadium.

This wall news is way more enjoyable.
Thanks for reminding me, like I needed a reason to despise him more.

Don't care that much now though. Have a great offseason, Sheli.

Cotton

Staff member

kidd

DCC 4Life
Someone may have already posted this but I saw a post on FB that said "Can't spell eliminated without ELI!" :lol:towel

Top Bottom