Packers Stuff...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It'll be interesting to see how we respond, especially Dak.
The kid has to keep coming through like he's done all year.

A loss where he fails to impress would give the a-holes who dismissed him outright in the MVP conversation all the ammo they need to justify their ignorance. That would be a huge injustice considering what this guy has accomplished.

Beating A-A-Ron at the perceived top of his game needs to be another check on Dak's checklist.

2233boys

Not So New Member
McCarthy: Nelson has a chance to play vs. Cowboys

Don't count out Jordy Nelson just yet.

Packers coach Mike McCarthy told reporters on Monday that his star wideout has a shot to suit up for this Sunday's NFC divisional-round tilt with the Cowboys.
Nelson spent Sunday night in the hospital after taking a vicious shot to the ribs from Giants cornerback Leon Hall in the first half of Green Bay's 38-13 win over New York. The All-Pro pass-catcher will work this week with the team's rehab group, per McCarthy. If Nelson can practice successfully on Saturday, the Packers would consider playing him against Big D.
In Nelson's absence, fellow wideouts Randall Cobb and Davante Adams combined for a whopping 241 yards and four touchdowns off 13 grabs against New York. Green Bay's pass-catchers picked up the slack, but Nelson's status will be monitored daily: His presence is incredibly important against a loaded Cowboys club.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
McCarthy is full of shit, dude collapsed on the sideline and had to be carted to the locker room because he literally couldn't walk. There is a 0.0% chance he plays after suffering surely at least one broken rib and who knows what else.

And the Packers don't even practice Saturday, what kind of foolishness is this guy trying to peddle?

They will fly from Green Bay to Dallas and at best go through a walkthrough.

But hey, if they want to play a guy who probably wouldn't last two quarters they can go right ahead.

GShock

DCC 4Life
McCarthy: Nelson has a chance to play vs. Cowboys

Don't count out Jordy Nelson just yet.

Packers coach Mike McCarthy told reporters on Monday that his star wideout has a shot to suit up for this Sunday's NFC divisional-round tilt with the Cowboys.
Nelson spent Sunday night in the hospital after taking a vicious shot to the ribs from Giants cornerback Leon Hall in the first half of Green Bay's 38-13 win over New York. The All-Pro pass-catcher will work this week with the team's rehab group, per McCarthy. If Nelson can practice successfully on Saturday, the Packers would consider playing him against Big D.
In Nelson's absence, fellow wideouts Randall Cobb and Davante Adams combined for a whopping 241 yards and four touchdowns off 13 grabs against New York. Green Bay's pass-catchers picked up the slack, but Nelson's status will be monitored daily: His presence is incredibly important against a loaded Cowboys club.
Appreciate the post, but this is gamesmanship. Nelson knew he was done as soon as he was hit. I would be stunned if he was back. And if he wants to expose those ribs to Wilcox, then peace be upon him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Appreciate the post, but this is gamesmanship. Nelson knew he was done as soon as he was hit. I would be stunned if he was back. And if he wants to expose those ribs to Wilcox, then peace be upon him.
Yea, there's a reason he said "if he can practice Saturday", so that he can keep up the charade all the way up until game day.

How I know it's a charade, aside from Nelson's reaction and the fact that he couldn't even walk off the field with an injury to his chest/side, is that he says "if he's able to practice Saturday".

No normal practice week with a game on Sunday has a practice on Saturday, especially for a road game because that's the travel day.

It's nonsense.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Well he certainly is one of them. There are several concerns but Matthews can cause havoc in some circumstances such as blitzing the QB and inflicting body damage.
And this o-line has played against him in 2014 and this year.

Why is it now that he is such a tester of wills?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
McCarthy is full of shit, dude collapsed on the sideline and had to be carted to the locker room because he literally couldn't walk. There is a 0.0% chance he plays after suffering surely at least one broken rib and who knows what else.

And the Packers don't even practice Saturday, what kind of foolishness is this guy trying to peddle?

They will fly from Green Bay to Dallas and at best go through a walkthrough.

But hey, if they want to play a guy who probably wouldn't last two quarters they can go right ahead.
No kidding, please play the guy who probably can barely breath at WR. I'm sure he would be really effective. Anyone who has had that type of injury knows it is extremely difficult to even breath after something like that. You're not going to be able to run 40 yards down field, and then line up and do it again on the next play. Your body would give out.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And this o-line has played against him in 2014 and this year.

Why is it now that he is such a tester of wills?
He is a legitimate disrupter regardless of who he plays against. He isn't the entire challenge but he is certainly a factor and one who can excel in given situations.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
We cruised all the way to page 3 of the Stuff thread on the Monday of game week. I think all of us are bit hyped right now. :lol

GShock

DCC 4Life
We cruised all the way to page 3 of the Stuff thread on the Monday of game week. I think all of us are bit hyped right now. :lol
That's my concern with Zeke. Remember his first game?

After a week off, he's going to be climbing the backs of his blockers before the ball is even snapped.

He should be forced to watch Bell's game yesterday, Clockwork Orange-style.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Stuff threads usually peter out at four pages in a whole week.

This is a disturbing omen.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Stuff threads usually peter out at four pages in a whole week.

This is a disturbing omen.
Just gotta hope the team is as pumped about this game as we are.

townsend

Banned
Just gotta hope the team is as pumped about this game as we are.
At least Dak's a Cowboys fan, so he's been through the same emotional roller coaster. Of course he was three years old the last time we were in an NFC championship.

dallen

Senior Tech
It's cliche but I think we easily win if we limit penalties and don't turn the ball over.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I thought the ref for that game was Gene Steratore?
Steratore, Corrente. Same thing.

Same MFing Mafia Ref.

Pick one out of a lineup.

Yeah, I thought so.

:tippytoe

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The next person who brings up one of the waste of space talking heads gets an ode.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Jordy Nelson has a chance to play vs. Cowboys

Posted 21 hours ago

Mike Spofford packers.com senior writer @MikeSpofford

Packers will take the whole week to judge status of star receiver

GREEN BAY – Jordy Nelson has not been ruled out for Sunday’s playoff game in Dallas.

The Packers’ leading receiver will be rehabbing his rib injury all week, Head Coach Mike McCarthy said on Monday, and whether or not he can practice on Saturday will determine his availability for the Cowboys game.

“Saturday if he can practice, he may have a chance,” said McCarthy, declining to go into the specifics of Nelson’s injury. “We’re not going to do anything until Saturday. I’ll know more probably on Friday.

“If he doesn’t practice Saturday, he won’t play in the game.”

Nelson took a shot to the ribs from Giants safety Leon Hall while trying to catch a sideline pass with 11 minutes left in the second quarter of the wild-card game.

He was carted to the locker room and everything about his demeanor indicated he was in significant pain, both physically and emotionally. McCarthy said Nelson spent the evening in the hospital, and he was at Lambeau Field on Monday getting treatment.

In his absence against the Giants, both Davante Adams (eight catches, 125 yards, TD) and Randall Cobb (5-116, 3 TDs) had big games and helped pull the offense out of its early-game struggles.

It was the first time the Packers had started a game that slowly on offense during their seven-game winning streak. Green Bay punted in its first five possessions before scoring five touchdowns and a field goal on its next eight.

Sputtering out of the gate again would not be ideal on Sunday in the divisional round against top-seeded Dallas. Quarterback Aaron Rodgers has shown he can right the ship, but doing so on the road against a team looking for its first appearance in the NFC title game in 22 years would be much more difficult.

“There’s gonna be a ton of energy down there,” McCarthy said. “You want to start fast. We’ve done a very good job of that these last two months.

“I was disappointed in the way we started. It was just getting back to basics. I could have done a better job getting Aaron into a flow. It’s not always what you call, but when you call it and how you line them up.”

Rodgers was just 6-of-14 passing for 54 yards through the first five fruitless drives, a 53.9 rating. The rest of the game, he was 19-of-26 for 308 yards with four TDs for a 151.9 rating, raising his full-game rating to 125.2.

It marked the sixth time in the seven-game winning streak that Rodgers has posted a rating above 100, and he’s been above 125 three times in the last four games.

“I think it’s clearly one of his better stretches,” McCarthy said when asked if it’s the best Rodgers has ever played.

McCarthy also brought up the 2011 season, when Rodgers won his first MVP and posted an NFL-record 122.5 passer rating for the entire year.

“That was an incredible stretch, as good a football as I’ve seen from that position, personally,” he said. “But this definitely ranks up there.”

During the seven straight wins, Rodgers has thrown 19 touchdown passes without an interception. His ability to protect the football so well while rifling passes at all depths and angles has been invaluable.

In fact, the Packers have just one turnover on offense during the winning streak, and it came in the second game of the seven.

Contrast that with the first meeting against the Cowboys this season, when the Packers turned it over four times and were minus-2 for the game, and it becomes imperative the team’s current trend continues.

“We haven’t turned the ball over, and that’s going to be critical,” McCarthy said. “It’s going to be a huge part of our success Sunday.

“We’re going to line up and play Green Bay Packer football. We’re fully focused on doing everything we need to do to go to Dallas and win the game.”

p1_

DCC 4Life
If we manage to force 5 punts on their first 5 possessions, it's so fucking over by half time.

Top Bottom