Packers Stuff...

data

Forbes #1
This game can't come soon enough. I'm already sick of the anticipation and debate.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Claiborne went out against Philly.

But things are definitely different this time. I can see you're in full homer mode, but I don't understand how you can't see how much better Rodgers and the Packers as a whole are playing now as opposed to when we last saw them.

We can still beat them, but it'll be tougher this time around, especially on defense.
Claiborne went out right before halftime with a concussion I believe, so we were down to just Carr and Brown at CB, when we put 6 DB's on the field it was 2 CB's and 4 safeties, if you want to consider Jones a safety.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Four turnovers helped too. That was Irving's monster game.
And our offense turned the ball over twice themselves, directly leading to a FG for Green Bay and taking at least 3, maybe 7 points off the board for us. One of GB's turnovers came with like 2 minutes left and the game already decided also, so it's not like it was some heavily lopsided game as far as turnover margin.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Claiborne went out right before halftime with a concussion I believe, so we were down to just Carr and Brown at CB, when we put 6 DB's on the field it was 2 CB's and 4 safeties, if you want to consider Jones a safety.
I thought it was the GB game he went out. I just couldn't remember for sure.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
By SportsDayDFW.com Contact SportsDayDFW.com on Twitter:mad:SportsDayDFW

Ladarius Gunter, CB

Pretty cool getting another shot at the Dallas Cowboys? "Most definitely. Most definitely."
Looking forward to it? "Yeah...Yeah."
Ladarius, you don't have to repeat yourself this is not a spelling bee

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And yet he still went 31-42 for almost 300 yards. I think their whole offense is playing better, but let's not act like he had an awful game against us in week 6.
Numbers get inflated when you trail by a significant margin.

Cotton

Staff member
So, it seems Whitehead cut off his dreads. The jinx is on.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I thought it was the GB game he went out. I just couldn't remember for sure.
Yea he came back for the next game against the Eagles but he also missed the second half and change against the Packers.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So, it seems Whitehead cut off his dreads. The jinx is on.
He already caused issues by his misgivings this year when he sat out.

Little selfish bitch.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd like to point out that the week after we played the Packers Rodgers went 39/56 for 326 for 3 TD's and no INT's against the Bears, Cobb had 95 yards and a TD, Adams had 132 yards and 2 TD's.

The week before they played us he struggled a bit against the Giants, 23/45 for 259, 2 TD's, 2 INT's, but they won pretty easily, and Cobb had over 100 yards while Adams had 85 yards and a TD.

On top of that, the first game of their four game losing streak was a very tight loss at Atlanta where Rodgers went off for 246 yards and 4 TD's.

My point here is that the people that are acting like that first game was in the middle of their midseason funk are full of shit. Rodgers is certainly playing better but he roasted the Bears the week after they lost to us and they beat the Giants easily the week before, they were 3-1 going into our game, and 4-2 after the Bears game, then they went on a four game losing streak. And on top of that, he roasted the Falcons the game after the Bears despite the loss.

Also, it's not like Cobb and Adams have miraculously woken up and become dominant, they were clearly playing good football before and after the game against us.

Rodgers is a future HOF'er and he's hot, that's obviously a huge concern, but people are really overexaggerating how poorly he and the offense were playing at the time of our first game.

Rock Slamdance

DCC 4Life
Had a packer fan come into the bar last night (with two sad Giants fan). He basically has chalked up a win over Dallas and was talking about how awesome a Green Bay/Atlanta NFC title game is going to be.

I really want us to win now. He was a douche.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I like that a lot of people are doubting us and playing up Rodgers. We should come into the game focused and hungry.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Rodgers was also very good at times during their losing streak, primarily at Atlanta and at Washington, the problem was their defense couldn't stop anybody. They scored 32, 26, 25, and 24 points during the losing streak, but their defense was giving up 30+ every game.

The difference during their winning streak is that they've ran the table against a bunch of shit offenses; Philly, Houston, Seattle (in Green Bay, Seattle is clearly not the same team on the road), Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, and now the Giants.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I like that a lot of people are doubting us and playing up Rodgers. We should come into the game focused and hungry.
Agreed, the defense already plays with a chip on their shoulder, the incessant Rodgers/Green Bay talk will only add to that.

Cotton

Staff member
I'd like to point out that the week after we played the Packers Rodgers went 39/56 for 326 for 3 TD's and no INT's against the Bears, Cobb had 95 yards and a TD, Adams had 132 yards and 2 TD's.

The week before they played us he struggled a bit against the Giants, 23/45 for 259, 2 TD's, 2 INT's, but they won pretty easily, and Cobb had over 100 yards while Adams had 85 yards and a TD.

On top of that, the first game of their four game losing streak was a very tight loss at Atlanta where Rodgers went off for 246 yards and 4 TD's.

My point here is that the people that are acting like that first game was in the middle of their midseason funk are full of shit. Rodgers is certainly playing better but he roasted the Bears the week after they lost to us and they beat the Giants easily the week before, they were 3-1 going into our game, and 4-2 after the Bears game, then they went on a four game losing streak. And on top of that, he roasted the Falcons the game after the Bears despite the loss.

Also, it's not like Cobb and Adams have miraculously woken up and become dominant, they were clearly playing good football before and after the game against us.

Rodgers is a future HOF'er and he's hot, that's obviously a huge concern, but people are really overexaggerating how poorly he and the offense were playing at the time of our first game.
He had a 74% completion rate against us. I'm not sure how anyone can argue that he had a poor game.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He had a 74% completion rate against us. I'm not sure how anyone can argue that he had a poor game.
His stats look better than he played, but no he wasn't terrible, and he certainly had excellent games immediately before and after our game, so that whole angle is overblown.

But it's fine, let the media talk the Packers up all week as if they can't be stopped, it'll be good for the team.

Cotton

Staff member
Top Bottom