President Trump Thread...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Office Of Government Ethics Director Blasts Trump Plan: 'Wholly Inadequate'

ByMATT SHUHAM
PublishedJANUARY 11, 2017, 5:51 PM EDT

In an extraordinary move, the director of the Office of Government Ethics publicly criticized Trump’s plan to separate his business interests from his presidential tenure, saying the plan Trump announced Wednesday at a news conference “doesn’t meet the standards” that other presidents, or even some of Trump’s nominees, had met.

"I wish circumstances were different and I didn't feel the need to make public remarks today,” Walter Shaub Jr. said Wednesday, according to the Associated Press.

Trump announced Wednesday that he would not sell his illiquid business assets or even put them in a blind trust. Rather, he would allow his sons to run his business, terminate all new foreign deals, and donate profits made from business dealings with foreign governments to the U.S. Treasury.

The Hill, which first reported Shaub made the remarks at the Brookings Institution, quoted him as saying Trump's plan to separate himself from his business was "wholly inadequate."

According to a transcript of Shaub's prepared remarks posted on Brookings' website, he called Trump's plan to "limit direct communication" about the business "wholly inadequate."

“The plan the [President-elect] has announced doesn’t meet the standards that the best of his nominees are meeting and that every president in the last four decades have met,” Shaub said. “We can’t risk the perception that government leaders would use their official positions for professional profit.”

Sheri Dillon, a lawyer assisting Trump with transferring his business to his children, said at Trump's press conference that selling off Trump's assets would result in a “fire sale,” or could lead to Trump being accused of receiving an improperly high sum for his properties. Shaub responded by saying that he didn’t think “divestiture is too high a price to be president of the United States of America."

Responding to Trump’s repeated comment during the press conference, and previously since his election, that presidents cannot have conflicts of interest, Shaub called the assertion “quite obviously not true."

“I think the most charitable way to understand such statements is that they are referring to a particular conflict-of-interest law that does not apply to the president,” he said, adding “common sense dictates that the president can of course have very real conflicts of interests.”

In late December, a Freedom of Information Act request from NPR revealed that Shaub was behind an odd series of tweets from the Office of Government Ethics' official Twitter account applauding what ended up being the incorrect belief that Trump would divest all of his business holdings.

"Bravo! Only way to resolve these conflicts of interest is to divest. Good call!" one of them read.

Last week, CNBC published leaked emails from Shaub in which he told aides that he had "lost contact" with Trump's transition team following his electoral victory.
This article is actually moot because as I told you weeks ago the President is not subject to the Ethics Comittees rules concerning conflict of interest.

townsend

Banned
Chances are that it was NSA or CIA. The FBI wouldn't do something without the sanctions of the DOJ. My finger would point to Clapper at the CIA. His agency would have more access to international intelligence operatives.
It might not be anyone that high up, this dossier had been circulating around for a long time. No telling who could send it to buzzfeed.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It might not be anyone that high up, this dossier had been circulating around for a long time. No telling who could send it to buzzfeed.
Yes I am aware of the time it has been around in the intelligence community but someone pretty high up had to authorize it being attached to the security briefing with Trump. Someone wanted him to be aware it was (or had) recently gone hot for publication. This was what caused Trump to start his own internal Investigation with his personnel. Someone or several wanted him in a defensive mode . That kind of field dossier doesn't make it to Presidential briefings with all the unconfirmed information.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't have time to rehash the events that have occurred but long story short someone had to orchestrate the movement of this document to the Security briefing with Trump that activated Trumps internal investigation that brought this to the forefront and precipitated the shouting match with the CNN reporter.
Orchestrate the movement of the document?

The document that everybody had for months?

You still are not making any sense but whatever, I know where this is heading.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This article is actually moot because as I told you weeks ago the President is not subject to the Ethics Comittees rules concerning conflict of interest.
I never disputed that, you were the one talking the guys you know and how they probably had copies of everything from Trump already.

It was I who said he was not obligated to give that info over and nobody will ever really know where his conflicts of interest lie.

So you are just ok with him saying I will have nothing to do with my business even though I plan on taking it back over as soon as this president gig is up?

Yeah this nothing like the Hillary Foundation which caused so much angst.:lol

Jiggyfly

Banned
And like I said before I really have minimal issues with profiting from office if its incidental and does not affect policy.

My problem is with all of the hypocrites now willing to give Trump a pass.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I never disputed that, you were the one talking the guys you know and how they probably had copies of everything from Trump already.

It was I who said he was not obligated to give that info over and nobody will ever really know where his conflicts of interest lie.

So you are just ok with him saying I will have nothing to do with my business even though I plan on taking it back over as soon as this president gig is up?

Yeah this nothing like the Hillary Foundation which cause so much angst.:lol
You are confusing financial disclosure with conflict of interest. And no I have no problems with him resuming his business once his term is over. Do yo?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And like I said before I really have minimal issues with profiting from office if its incidental and does not affect policy.

My problem is with all of the hypocrites now willing to give Trump a pass.
A pass on what?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Orchestrate the movement of the document?

The document that everybody had for months?

You still are not making any sense but whatever, I know where this is heading.
You are misinformed that everyone had this document. I was within the intelligence community and some hackers but it wasn't a common possession. That became an issue just recently.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Props to Trump thread

Props to Trump thread

Looking forward to some...thing...?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wonder if she has to do the pee stuff, or if he only gets that from the hookers he didn't marry.
I feel like the real weird shit probably gets reserved for hookers. You can't look a person in the eye after doing that stuff with them.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Props to Trump, eh?

Ok, here's one. He just might be a shitty president. But at least he kept that immoral, lying, corrupt cunt Hillary Clinton out of the White House.

:towel

townsend

Banned
If we're propping for Hillary's loss this should probably be a props to Hillary, Bill, Donna Brazile, Debbie Wasserman Shultz, Huma Abedin, Anthony Weiner, James Comey, and Vladimir Putin.

Trump did very little to hurt Clinton, in fact he was her best chance of getting elected.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Props to Trump, eh?

Ok, here's one. He just might be a shitty president. But at least he kept that immoral, lying, corrupt cunt Hillary Clinton out of the White House.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Oh, yes. Almost forgot that angle.

I'd also like to prop Trump for the tears shed on this board. They've been quite amusing. Truly a recommended read.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Oh, yes. Almost forgot that angle.

I'd also like to prop Trump for the tears shed on this board. They've been quite amusing. Truly a recommended read.
Yeah, for a while I thought we were going to have to start a Safe Space forum.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Props to Trump for consistently reminding us via twitter, his embarrassment of a press conference and his general lack of couth and social decency, how unqualified he is to be the leader of the free world.

Top Bottom