President Trump Thread...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Is there any other choice?
:lol

So now that's the excuse?

A few weeks ago, he was going to hang the moon. He will have a mandate in both houses to MAGA.

Now? We have no choice. Congress rules all.

Weren't even really talking about his ability or inability to get any of his overblown and oversold promises to work.

Still waiting on him to become a sane, rational person instead of a celebrity pretending to be President. Or President Elect since of course, he will flip a switch soon.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
:lol

So now that's the excuse?

A few weeks ago, he was going to hang the moon. He will have a mandate in both houses to MAGA.

Now? We have no choice. Congress rules all.

Weren't even really talking about his ability or inability to get any of his overblown and oversold promises to work.

Still waiting on him to become a sane, rational person instead of a celebrity pretending to be President. Or President Elect since of course, he will flip a switch soon.
Excuse for what?

So you don't like Trump nor do you approve of him. Get in line with a lot of others. And yes Congress has the final say so regardless of who is holding down the White House. That has been the system for a long long time. That hardly is an excuse for anything but it is the way it is.

Perhaps what doesn't set well with you is that after all was sifted out in the race for the two candidates for president I declared my intentions to vote for Trump. I had already declared my intentions not to support Hillary under any circumstance. I suspect others felt the same but wasn't as vocal about it. At any rate he was successful and he is the President in a few days warts and all. The fact that I don't fall down a have a kicking fit doesn't mean I approve of everything he does. It simply a matter of I don't see or feel the need to make a big deal out of it.

I will tell you something though, Trump has done things his way fit most of his life and he will continue that practice. The checks and balances however will always be in place to alleviate anything that gets to out of balance.

townsend

Banned
You can go on any diatribe you like but he will become the President and you will just have to live with it. You can cry and moan about it or you can do what some of us have done for decades which is to just roll with it. There has never been a President that satisfied the masses.
This president is walking into an all time lowest approval rating. Just 43%. Because unlike any president before him, he says shit like this.

He doesn't even have a molecule of the professionalism required to unify a nation, and deserves every ounce of criticism he brings on himself.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This president is walking into an all time lowest approval rating. Just 43%. Because unlike any president before him, he says shit like this.

He doesn't even have a molecule of the professionalism required to unify a nation, and deserves every ounce of criticism he brings on himself.
That's the way he was before he was elected and he probably won't change. Whether you or I approve is of no consequence to him. It should be no surprise to anyone that he does this stuff because he was doing it even before he ran for office yet he got elected. Why would anyone believe he will suddenly act differently. That is what got him elected.

townsend

Banned
When he is in office you will get what you get. He will do what every other President has done. He will learn as he goes just like the man he replaced and the one before him and so forth. He will be criticized just like every other President has before him.
Because now he has too much time to look at stuff like that. When he takes office he will forget he even knows what a tweet is.
That's the way he was before he was elected and he probably won't change. Whether you or I approve is of no consequence to him. It should be no surprise to anyone that he does this stuff because he was doing it even before he ran for office yet he got elected. Why would anyone believe he will suddenly act differently. That is what got him elected.
:thumbsup

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know why he did it.

I just want one of his apologists to explain how that is the appropriate reaction of a head of state.
Yeah he really needs to grow a thicker skin. You're President of the United States, you can't berate every person who says something bad or untrue about you. You already won the election, take the next four years to prove them wrong. No reason to worry about petty speeches by people with sour grapes. Someone really should take his twitter account away from him.

Like Jesus, you already addressed the comments about the handicapped reporter. Why the hell is he rehashing that shit?

2233boys

Not So New Member
Oh, I'm no fan of the absurd waste in the military industrial complex (though as a citizen of Fort Worth I probably indirectly benefit from the F-35 money pit.)

I think there's plenty we could do to reign in military spending. But I highly doubt any of that gets done in the next 4 years. In fact most Trump voters I've spoken with want more military spending.

That's the point, for all the so called fiscal conservatism republicans pretend to preach, they only want to cut purse strings to comparatively cheap social programs, they've never seen a deficit they didn't want to inflate.
While decreasing revenue by giving their campaign donors and lobbyists huge tax breaks.

2233boys

Not So New Member
While I agree that the circumstances you outline is cause to be concerned, it would be a greater waste to have military troops who are not engaged just sitting on the dock of the bay wasting time . Perhaps a special circumstance deployment could be devised to temporarily assign military troops to the supervision of civil agencies for border security.

They would be under someone else's command for a certain amount of time with certain and specialized duties. In other words a TDY status. When I worked for the Government, Task Force groups were created for certain specialized duties and various agencies were asked to commit Human Resources to the task. The personnel were put on assignment and reported to the person and agency in charge to utilize at their direction.

Simply because a person is classified as military doesn't mean that they cannot be utilized for domestic security.
That isn't a bad idea.

2233boys

Not So New Member
You can go on any diatribe you like but he will become the President and you will just have to live with it. You can cry and moan about it or you can do what some of us have done for decades which is to just roll with it. There has never been a President that satisfied the masses.
This is bullshit, if you roll over and just deal with it nothing changes. You are an American citizen, and it is your duty to be involved passed the voting box. You write to your congressman, you organize, you call, write letters to the editor, you do something. THe last thing you do if you think the country is going in the wrong direction is sit on your hands and say oh well. You have to stay actively involved.

Lastly, over half my life the republicans have been in the White House,(Nixon, Ford, Reagan, both Bushes) this country has been run by people of the Donald's Ilk, (albeit more intelligent even W) You haven't really been dealing with Decades of oppression like you say, hell Clinton was just a right leaning Democrat who basically went with the Right at every turn. Obama was obstructed from doing anything by the right since he took office, although he is just slightly to the left of Clinton.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This is bullshit, if you roll over and just deal with it nothing changes. You are an American citizen, and it is your duty to be involved passed the voting box. You write to your congressman, you organize, you call, write letters to the editor, you do something. THe last thing you do if you think the country is going in the wrong direction is sit on your hands and say oh well. You have to stay actively involved.

Lastly, over half my life the republicans have been in the White House,(Nixon, Ford, Reagan, both Bushes) this country has been run by people of the Donald's Ilk, (albeit more intelligent even W) You haven't really been dealing with Decades of oppression like you say, hell Clinton was just a right leaning Democrat who basically went with the Right at every turn. Obama was obstructed from doing anything by the right since he took office, although he is just slightly to the left of Clinton.
You do all this because he might tweet something you don't approve of? Tweets are all over this board and some I don't agree with but so what. Yeah I know Presidents are supposed to look and act a certain way but you know what an actor lost the election and Trump didn't so he probably takes that as an acceptance of who he is. Others who fall on the actors side just have a different view but so what.

2233boys

Not So New Member
You do all this because he might tweet something you don't approve of? Tweets are all over this board and some I don't agree with but so what. Yeah I know Presidents are supposed to look and act a certain way but you know what an actor lost the election and Trump didn't so he probably takes that as an acceptance of who he is. Others who fall on the actors side just have a different view but so what.
I didn't reference the tweet, specifically addressed one thing you said. Why not respond to that, instead of redirecting the conversation back to a topic I didn't even address.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I didn't reference the tweet, specifically addressed one thing you said. Why not respond to that, instead of redirecting the conversation back to a topic I didn't even address.
I will address what you posted and bolded what I assume is a question. I essentially stated that in every presidential tenure there is never one who everyone agrees with but you roll with that circumstance as has many others have through the decades. I don't know what there is about this you don't understand because the loyal opposition circumstance is in effect all the time. When a democrat is the President then republicans are dissenters. The same is true with the reverse situation. No one has ever been President that has been favored by all. Those who don't agree simply have "rolled" with the system until they have the opportunity the try to change it.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I will address what you posted and bolded what I assume is a question. I essentially stated that in every presidential tenure there is never one who everyone agrees with but you roll with that circumstance as has many others have through the decades. I don't know what there is about this you don't understand because the loyal opposition circumstance is in effect all the time. When a democrat is the President then republicans are dissenters. The same is true with the reverse situation. No one has ever been President that has been favored by all. Those who don't agree simply have "rolled" with the system until they have the opportunity the try to change it.
Absolutely right no one has ever been elected that everyone agrees with, but that isn't the point. You don't just roll over. You fight for what you believe in unless you have no convictions. If people like you said just always rolled over, we wouldn't have had the vote for women, gay rights, civil right acts, or for that matter our country.

People who roll over, are cowards. As a matter of fact, that is exactly what the government wants us to do so they can continue to squash the will of the people, line their pockets, and the pockets of their friends. That goes for Both Parties!

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Absolutely right no one has ever been elected that everyone agrees with, but that isn't the point. You don't just roll over. You fight for what you believe in unless you have no convictions. If people like you said just always rolled over, we wouldn't have had the vote for women, gay rights, civil right acts, or for that matter our country.

People who roll over, are cowards. As a matter of fact, that is exactly what the government wants us to do so they can continue to squash the will of the people, line their pockets, and the pockets of their friends. That goes for Both Parties!
I don't think you are reading my response correctly. First the term roll over is your terminology. I used the term roll which in context is to accept or live with the fact of having an opposition President until the next election process. Certainly people have the option to decent and disagree with any sitting president but there is no power in those actions by the citizens to change the sitting President until the next election. So you will have to roll with that circumstance until you get an opportunity to cast your ballot.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I don't think you are reading my response correctly. First the term roll over is your terminology. I used the term roll which in context is to accept or live with the fact of having an opposition President until the next election process. Certainly people have the option to decent and disagree with any sitting president but there is no power in those actions by the citizens to change the sitting President until the next election. So you will have to roll with that circumstance until you get an opportunity to cast your ballot.
Fair enough I stand corrected.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
You know it's a sarcastic response and you feel the need to slap on a label then take the time to dress me down?
You have done nothing but defend Trump and dismiss people's displeasure with his behavior, yet you never fail to bristle and take offense to being labeled an apologist or being 'dressed down' whenever someone points it out. You have slapped that label on yourself, don't be upset with others for using it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You have done nothing but defend Trump and dismiss people's displeasure with his behavior, yet you never fail to bristle and take offense to being labeled an apologist or being 'dressed down' whenever someone calls you out on it. You have slapped that label on yourself, don't be upset with others for using it.
Time for my periodic orientation. So what if I defend Trump and what if in your eyes I do defend him. People on discussion boards have differences of opinions. Maybe your observation of bristle is merely a matter of being in disagreement. As I recall you have done your share of slamming people who have sided with Trump and you description of them was highly disrespectful. So careful with throwing things around.

townsend

Banned
Intel chiefs presented Trump with claims of Russian efforts to compromise him

Intel chiefs presented Trump with claims of Russian efforts to compromise him

Source: CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/donald-trump-intelligence-report-russia/index.html
(CNN)Classified documents presented last week to President Obama and President-elect Trump included allegations that Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump, multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.

The allegations were presented in a two-page synopsis that was appended to a report on Russian interference in the 2016 election. The allegations came, in part, from memos compiled by a former British intelligence operative, whose past work US intelligence officials consider credible. The FBI is investigating the credibility and accuracy of these allegations, which are based primarily on information from Russian sources, but has not confirmed many essential details in the memos about Mr. Trump.
The classified briefings last week were presented by four of the senior-most US intelligence chiefs -- Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, FBI Director James Comey, CIA Director John Brennan, and NSA Director Admiral Mike Rogers.
One reason the nation's intelligence chiefs took the extraordinary step of including the synopsis in the briefing documents was to make the President-elect aware that such allegations involving him are circulating among intelligence agencies, senior members of Congress and other government officials in Washington, multiple sources tell CNN.
These senior intelligence officials also included the synopsis to demonstrate that Russia had compiled information potentially harmful to both political parties, but only released information damaging to Hillary Clinton and Democrats. This synopsis was not an official part of the report from the intelligence community case about Russian hacks, but some officials said it augmented the evidence that Moscow intended to harm Clinton's candidacy and help Trump's, several officials with knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.
The two-page synopsis also included allegations that there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government, according to two national security officials.
Sources tell CNN that these same allegations about communications between the Trump campaign and the Russians, mentioned in classified briefings for congressional leaders last year, prompted then-Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid to send a letter to FBI Director Comey in October, in which he wrote, "It has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government -- a foreign interest openly hostile to the United States."
CNN has confirmed that the synopsis was included in the documents that were presented to Mr. Trump but cannot confirm if it was discussed in his meeting with the intelligence chiefs.
The Trump transition team declined repeated requests for comment.
CNN has reviewed a 35-page compilation of the memos, from which the two-page synopsis was drawn. The memos originated as opposition research, first commissioned by anti-Trump Republicans, and later by Democrats. At this point, CNN is not reporting on details of the memos, as it has not independently corroborated the specific allegations. But, in preparing this story, CNN has spoken to multiple high ranking intelligence, administration, congressional and law enforcement officials, as well as foreign officials and others in the private sector with direct knowledge of the memos.
Some of the memos were circulating as far back as last summer. What has changed since then is that US intelligence agencies have now checked out the former British intelligence operative and his vast network throughout Europe and find him and his sources to be credible enough to include some of the information in the presentations to the President and President-elect a few days ago.
On the same day that the President-elect was briefed by the intelligence community, the top four Congressional leaders, and chairmen and ranking members of the House and Senate intelligence committees -- the so-called "Gang of Eight" -- were also provided a summary of the memos regarding Mr. Trump, according to law enforcement, intelligence and administration sources.
The two-page summary was written without the detailed specifics and information about sources and methods included in the memos by the former British intelligence official. That said, the synopsis was considered so sensitive it was not included in the classified report about Russian hacking that was more widely distributed, but rather in an annex only shared at the most senior levels of the government: President Obama, the President-elect, and the eight Congressional leaders.
CNN has also learned that on December 9, Senator John McCain gave a full copy of the memos -- dated from June through December, 2016 -- to FBI Director James Comey. McCain became aware of the memos from a former British diplomat who had been posted in Moscow. But the FBI had already been given a set of the memos compiled up to August 2016, when the former MI6 agent presented them to an FBI official in Rome, according to national security officials.
The raw memos on which the synopsis is based were prepared by the former MI6 agent, who was posted in Russia in the 1990s and now runs a private intelligence gathering firm. His investigations related to Mr. Trump were initially funded by groups and donors supporting Republican opponents of Mr. Trump during the GOP primaries, multiple sources confirmed to CNN. Those sources also said that once Mr. Trump became the nominee, further investigation was funded by groups and donors supporting Hillary Clinton.
Spokespeople for the FBI and the Director of National Intelligence declined to comment. Officials who spoke to CNN declined to do so on the record given the classified nature of the material.
Some of the allegations were first reported publicly in Mother Jones one week before the election.
One high level administration official told CNN, "I have a sense the outgoing administration and intelligence community is setting down the pieces so this must be investigated seriously and run down. I think [the] concern was to be sure that whatever information was out there is put into the system so it is evaluated as it should be and acted upon as necessary."

Top Bottom