Packers Stuff...

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Rodgers was also very good at times during their losing streak, primarily at Atlanta and at Washington, the problem was their defense couldn't stop anybody. They scored 32, 26, 25, and 24 points during the losing streak, but their defense was giving up 30+ every game.

The difference during their winning streak is that they've ran the table against a bunch of shit offenses; Philly, Houston, Seattle (in Green Bay, Seattle is clearly not the same team on the road), Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, and now the Giants.
All the talk is about Rodgers but this game should be decided by our offense vs GB's defense and turnovers. If our offense performs like it's capable and can eliminate the drive killing mistakes then we should have a good chance to win as long as we don't let Rodgers have a monster game. On paper I like our chances but my main concern is how our younger players perform in a playoff atmosphere with the increased intensity and pressure of a do-or-die situation. If they play their game I think we'll be fine but if the pressure gets to them then all bets are off.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
On paper I like our chances but my main concern is how our younger players perform in a playoff atmosphere with the increased intensity and pressure of a do-or-die situation.
This is what it boils down to isn't it?

My concern isn't the pressure so much but their collective ability to dial up the intensity.

When Clay Matthews crashes into the OL at full speed, do we block him on his ass or do we hold in surprise?

townsend

Banned
Rodgers was also very good at times during their losing streak, primarily at Atlanta and at Washington, the problem was their defense couldn't stop anybody. They scored 32, 26, 25, and 24 points during the losing streak, but their defense was giving up 30+ every game.

The difference during their winning streak is that they've ran the table against a bunch of shit offenses; Philly, Houston, Seattle (in Green Bay, Seattle is clearly not the same team on the road), Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, and now the Giants.
It's funny how no one addressed their loss of Eddie Lacy as part of the Packers losing streak. They spent weeks trying to cobble together some kind of a rushing game without him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tony Corrente, the same asshole referee from the 2014 playoff game has been assigned to this game. :mad

Jiggyfly

Banned

My concern isn't the pressure so much but their collective ability to dial up the intensity.

When Clay Matthews crashes into the OL at full speed, do we block him on his ass or do we hold in surprise?
Really?:lol

So now Clay Mathews is a heart test for this o-line?

This just might be some of your finest work yet.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's funny how no one addressed their loss of Eddie Lacy as part of the Packers losing streak. They spent weeks trying to cobble together some kind of a rushing game without him.
That is such a fucking joke.

I was thinking that there was no way the league would do this just to avoid rehashing the 2014 game, and then they do this, basically just in a troll move.

The good thing is that this schlub asshole should do everything he can to not favor Green Bay, assuming the fix isn't in to begin with.

townsend

Banned
I don't think anyone can just count out Rodgers. But Dallas deserves to be favored in this matchup.

Dallas's home field in 2016 is not like any other home field in the history of this team. Our fans are rowdier than they used to be.

We have a much more dynamic offense. We can hurt a team deep, we can keep the chains moving with passes over the middle, or we can rush for 200 yards.

We should be playing our best corner, for the first time since the last time we whipped GB. They don't have Eddie Lacy, who was probably the hardest thing for the defense to overcome. Also we have a pass rush all of the sudden.

Frankly their team is overall worse than when we faced them in the playoffs last (on their turf), and ours is considerably better.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That is such a fucking joke.

I was thinking that there was no way the league would do this just to avoid rehashing the 2014 game, and then they do this, basically just in a troll move.

The good thing is that this schlub asshole should do everything he can to not favor Green Bay, assuming the fix isn't in to begin with.
I think you may have quoted the wrong post. :unsure

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think you may have quoted the wrong post. :unsure
Indeed I did, I meant to hit booze's post about the ref but was reading town's post instead.

As an aside, Steratore was the ref in 2014, so if it's Corrente then it's obviously not the same guy. Similar names though.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Too much is being made of the Cowboys youth and inexperience, IMO. Aside from Dak and Zeke, most of our core players have already tasted the playoffs.

So I don't think we're going to see the Cowboys make a ton of nervous mistakes on Sunday.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Too much is being made of the Cowboys youth and inexperience, IMO. Aside from Dak and Zeke, most of our core players have already tasted the playoffs.

So I don't think we're going to see the Cowboys make a ton of nervous mistakes on Sunday.
I think also the packers may be younger than people realize.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The entire OL, WR group, TE group, LB's and DB's sans Brown and Jones were on the team in 2014.

The only guys that are brand new are Dak, Elliott and a handful of DL, so yea, the inexperience thing is fairly overblown aside from Dak just because of the critical nature of his position.

I'm not worried about Elliott at all, he's a big game player who is used to elevating his game when the competition is highest.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I like that a lot of people are doubting us and playing up Rodgers. We should come into the game focused and hungry.
I'm perfectly fine with the mass media pitting the Cowboys as the underdogs. Last week most of the media were lining up to crown the winner of the Giants-Packers game as the eventual NFC champ.

That should serve as a little extra motivation for the Cowboys.

GShock

DCC 4Life
As an aside, I am looking forward to Sean Lee playing in this game. He missed 2014.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The entire OL, WR group, TE group, LB's and DB's sans Brown and Jones were on the team in 2014.

The only guys that are brand new are Dak, Elliott and a handful of DL, so yea, the inexperience thing is fairly overblown aside from Dak just because of the critical nature of his position.

I'm not worried about Elliott at all, he's a big game player who is used to elevating his game when the competition is highest.
Yep. I think all this "experience" talk is just people looking at the QB positions and ignoring the fact that the Cowboys have a lot of players who already have a few playoff games under their belt.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Really?:lol

So now Clay Mathews is a heart test for this o-line?

This just might be some of your finest work yet.
Well he certainly is one of them. There are several concerns but Matthews can cause havoc in some circumstances such as blitzing the QB and inflicting body damage.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yep. I think all this "experience" talk is just people looking at the QB positions and ignoring the fact that the Cowboys have a lot of players who already have a few playoff games under their belt.
But that's where the entire offense eminates from. Even a simple hand off is critical all though an unlikely happening but poise and pocket prensence goes way up in the playoffs. It's a road that Dak hasn't traveled before so until I see how he handles the schemes thrown at him, I will be apprehensive.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

Both could be a factor. Definitely have to raise the intensity. The pressure could come into play if we fall behind. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Some players/teams thrive in this atmosphere and others fold. The Packers definitely have more playoff experience especially with Rodgers, but we have quite a few players that experienced it two years ago. This is the time we need to elevate our play and eliminate the mistakes. It'll be interesting to see how we respond, especially Dak.

Top Bottom