Pressure is definitely the key.

David Irving is on notice.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:picard

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And, to those that are saying Aaron Rodgers wasn't playing like himself.... our defense since week 6 have gotten 100 times better. If we can get some pressure on Rodgers, our chances get even better.
What you are saying is true but he is more mobile now and can wear down a defense pretty quick chasing him around the field.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The intangibles are all on the Packers side.

HOFer QB
Playoff experience
No one is afraid to play at Jerry World

Cotton

Staff member
What you are saying is true but he is more mobile now and can wear down a defense pretty quick chasing him around the field.
Why is he more mobile now? He wasn't hurt when we played them in week 6.

Cotton

Staff member
He supposedly had a lingering thigh issue until midseason.
It wasn't slowing him down any. He seemed just as mobile as he always is.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Why is he more mobile now? He wasn't hurt when we played them in week 6.
He is better conditioned now. The first of the season he was experiencing some problems and wasn't in good physical shape yet because he was primarily working on rehabbing his prior injury. He apparently go his mental problems worked out and is condioned beyond the prior rehab status.

Cotton

Staff member
Also keep in mind, we were without Scandrick, Wilber, and Dez the first time around. And, wasn't that the game Claiborne went out?

Cotton

Staff member
He is better conditioned now. The first of the season he was experiencing some problems and wasn't in good physical shape yet because he was primarily working on rehabbing his prior injury. He apparently go his mental problems worked out and is condioned beyond the prior rehab status.
I'm not buying it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Also keep in mind, we were without Scandrick, Wilber, and Dez the first time around. And, wasn't that the game Claiborne went out?
Claiborne went out against Philly.

But things are definitely different this time. I can see you're in full homer mode, but I don't understand how you can't see how much better Rodgers and the Packers as a whole are playing now as opposed to when we last saw them.

We can still beat them, but it'll be tougher this time around, especially on defense.

Cotton

Staff member
Claiborne went out against Philly.

But things are definitely different this time. I can see you're in full homer mode, but I don't understand how you can't see how much better Rodgers and the Packers as a whole are playing now as opposed to when we last saw them.

We can still beat them, but it'll be tougher this time around, especially on defense.
I didn't say they aren't playing better. The only thing I referenced was this notion that Rodgers was somehow hobbled the first time around.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I didn't say they aren't playing better. The only thing I referenced was this notion that Rodgers was somehow hobbled the first time around.
Whether it was health or something else, the point is that he was not playing at the level he is now and that is what presents the biggest obstacle on Sunday.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Bryant did not play in the October meeting because of a tibial plateau fracture in his knee, but he did hear plenty of fans say before the game, “It was a catch.”
I forgot that Dez missed that game. No Dez and we still won comfortably.

Cotton

Staff member
Whether it was health or something else, the point is that he was not playing at the level he is now and that is what presents the biggest obstacle on Sunday.
And yet he still went 31-42 for almost 300 yards. I think their whole offense is playing better, but let's not act like he had an awful game against us in week 6.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Rogers and the Packers offense are definitely playing at a higher level than they were back in October, but as Iamtdg pointed out, you have to be fair and acknowledge that the Cowboys defense has been much better lately as well.

As far as forcing turnovers and getting sacks are concerned, the Cowboys were probably one of the top 10 teams in the league during the month of December.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:picard
I wAntS thEm at teh FulL strengTh! :dunce

Top Bottom