Packers Stuff...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We haven't ever beaten Brady, but Brady's never beaten Dak. If we make it to the SB for the 1st time in 21 years, it'll be pretty clear the Cowboys are capable of beating anybody.
Exactly.

If we make it there, we can absolutely win it.

If we can beat Rodgers, then we can beat Brady. The true X factor is Belichick, but even with Brady and Belichick, the Pats still lost 2 Super Bowls to a Wild Card team and should have lost a 3rd to Seattle, so it's not like this is some flawless juggernaut that can't be beaten.

Their offensive players don't scare me and their defense won't stop this rushing attack.

If we beat the Packers on Sunday, then I say bring on all comers after that. No reason to fear anyone if we get past this weekend.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh, and it's Friday of gameday weekend. Let's fucking do this! :towel
I agree, time to stop being chicken shits. We are the best in the NFC.

No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Oddly enough, I'm more nervous for this game than I will be for the NFCC if we win.

Is it because it's Green Bay? Because it's Dak and Zeke's first playoff game? Or because we're 0-3 in the divisional round? Or because we have a legit shot at #6 if we get past this game?

Fuck.
For me it's everything you mentioned sans it being Green Bay.

I'm not scared of Green Bay, per se. It's recent history that has me scarred.

It's recent history along with wondering if these rookies can do it again, and because there is so much at stake now. This is probably the single best shot we have at getting to a SB since 1995.

Yes, I know we were in this same position in 2007, but that team was missing something and I don't know what it was. This particular team feels special -- like there's just something to them that makes you believe they can do it.

That is why I too have been a nervous wreck this week because I just don't want to lose this opportunity.

I'm hoping they prove they are indeed special and find a way to get the job done.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!
Excuse me, I must go spank my monkey.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

It's recent history along with wondering if these rookies can do it again, and because there is so much at stake now. This is probably the single best shot we have at getting to a SB since 1995.

Yes, I know we were in this same position in 2007, but that team was missing something and I don't know what it was. This particular team feels special -- like there's just something to them that makes you believe they can do it.

That is why I too have been a nervous wreck this week because I just don't want to lose this opportunity.

I'm hoping they prove they are indeed special and find a way to get the job done.
I mostly agree with this although I think that 2007 team had things set up easier for them and the idea that they were missing something is mostly hindsight. We were far better than that Giants team and dominated Favre until he got knocked out of the game just about a month or so before. That should've been a walk to the Super Bowl but the team choked, probably in large part due to their dumbass coach.

I think the competition is higher this time as far as Rodgers and Ryan in the NFC, although I think we'd have a better shot at beating this year's Patriots than that 2007 team had at beating that year's Patriots.

Cotton

Staff member

Yeah, I'm not nervous about our talent as much as I am bracing for 22 years has felt like a given when we get into big games, and that's a huge letdown.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Yea, I mean we could very easily lose just because of the nature of the playoffs but I find it hilarious how so many people are acting like such little bitches over this team. Win or lose this team is built for the long-term and is here to stay, we're going to be in this position again at least once within the next 2-3 years.

As far as Atlanta, I do think their offense is far superior to Green Bay's aside from the individual brilliance of Rodgers. Their running game/RB's are exponentially better, they have better WR's than Green Bay and at least as good of an OL. The only difference is that Ryan could choke at any given time while Rodgers is Rodgers.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Exactly.

If we make it there, we can absolutely win it.

If we can beat Rodgers, then we can beat Brady. The true X factor is Belichick, but even with Brady and Belichick, the Pats still lost 2 Super Bowls to a Wild Card team and should have lost a 3rd to Seattle, so it's not like this is some flawless juggernaut that can't be beaten.

Their offensive players don't scare me and their defense won't stop this rushing attack.

If we beat the Packers on Sunday, then I say bring on all comers after that. No reason to fear anyone if we get past this weekend.
Pats almost lost to the Rams, Panthers and Eagles too, lets not act like they are a juggernaut in the Super Bowl.

Cotton

Staff member
Yea, I mean we could very easily lose just because of the nature of the playoffs but I find it hilarious how so many people are acting like such little bitches over this team. Win or lose this team is built for the long-term and is here to stay, we're going to be in this position again at least once within the next 2-3 years.

As far as Atlanta, I do think their offense is far superior to Green Bay's aside from the individual brilliance of Rodgers. Their running game/RB's are exponentially better, they have better WR's than Green Bay and at least as good of an OL. The only difference is that Ryan could choke at any given time while Rodgers is Rodgers.
HEY FUCK YOU. I'M NERVOUS, OKAY?!

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
People are nervous because they saw what Rodgers can do to a really good defense, one that completely stymied Dak.

But the Packers own D is nowhere close to the Giants'.

We score early and often and trust our D to bend-not-break enough times to win.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Acting like little bitches? :shrug

2233boys

Not So New Member
Back on track

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/aaron-rodgers-to-dak-prescott-playoff-experience-matters/ar-AAlOc7F

Aaron Rodgers to Dak Prescott: Playoff experience matters

Probably the most-hyped game heading into the NFL Divisional Playoffs, the streaking Green Bay Packers will head into Dallas to take on the No. 1 seed Cowboys on Sunday afternoon.
It’s a game that pits a former MVP and Super Bowl winner against an inexperienced quarterback that’s coming off a historical regular season.

Winners of seven consecutive games, Aaron Rodgers and the Packers will look to hand Dak Prescott’s Cowboys a loss in his first NFL Playoff start.

In talking about the dynamics of this matchup, Rodgers had some interesting things to say about what he sees heading in.

“There’s a lot of things that go into it, but you’re a top-seed and you’ve been off for a week,” Rodgers said, via the Star-Telegram. “There’s added pressure of trying to hold serve at home and there’s the potential rust factor of haven’t played in a few weeks. A lot of starters didn’t play in that last game against Philly. We’re coming off a stretch where we had to win every game for the last seven to keep this thing rolling.”

Once boasting a 4-6 record on the season, Green Bay had to win out in order to earn the NFC North title and a playoff spot. For his part, Rodgers has been absolutely dominant over the past two months. In the eight games during that span, he’s thrown 22 touchdowns compared to zero interceptions. That’s just absurd.

On the other hand, the Cowboys pretty much coasted to the NFC East title and the No. 1 seed in the conference. Following a season-opening loss, Dallas won 11 consecutive games to pretty much entrench itself into the top spot in the NFC.

More than the minor detail of one team practically playing playoff football for the past two months, Rodgers also seems to think that experience matters here.

“There’s a lot to be said about momentum and about playoff experience I think,” Rodgers said.

Surely, the more experienced you are in playoff conditions, the better you are prepared to avoid mistakes and play a clean game. But what we’ve seen from Prescott thus far this season, it sure looks like no stage is too big for him.

We’ll have an answer as to whether that’s the case when Dallas hosts Green Bay Sunday afternoon for a spot in the NFC Championship game at stake.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
O
My greatest apprehension about Sunday is that Garrett will be so uptight about the game that he will get ultra conservative and not let the guys go all out. He always seems to opt for the conservative side.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Back on track

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/aaron-rodgers-to-dak-prescott-playoff-experience-matters/ar-AAlOc7F

Aaron Rodgers to Dak Prescott: Playoff experience matters

Probably the most-hyped game heading into the NFL Divisional Playoffs, the streaking Green Bay Packers will head into Dallas to take on the No. 1 seed Cowboys on Sunday afternoon.
It’s a game that pits a former MVP and Super Bowl winner against an inexperienced quarterback that’s coming off a historical regular season.

Winners of seven consecutive games, Aaron Rodgers and the Packers will look to hand Dak Prescott’s Cowboys a loss in his first NFL Playoff start.

In talking about the dynamics of this matchup, Rodgers had some interesting things to say about what he sees heading in.

“There’s a lot of things that go into it, but you’re a top-seed and you’ve been off for a week,” Rodgers said, via the Star-Telegram. “There’s added pressure of trying to hold serve at home and there’s the potential rust factor of haven’t played in a few weeks. A lot of starters didn’t play in that last game against Philly. We’re coming off a stretch where we had to win every game for the last seven to keep this thing rolling.”

Once boasting a 4-6 record on the season, Green Bay had to win out in order to earn the NFC North title and a playoff spot. For his part, Rodgers has been absolutely dominant over the past two months. In the eight games during that span, he’s thrown 22 touchdowns compared to zero interceptions. That’s just absurd.

On the other hand, the Cowboys pretty much coasted to the NFC East title and the No. 1 seed in the conference. Following a season-opening loss, Dallas won 11 consecutive games to pretty much entrench itself into the top spot in the NFC.

More than the minor detail of one team practically playing playoff football for the past two months, Rodgers also seems to think that experience matters here.

“There’s a lot to be said about momentum and about playoff experience I think,” Rodgers said.

Surely, the more experienced you are in playoff conditions, the better you are prepared to avoid mistakes and play a clean game. But what we’ve seen from Prescott thus far this season, it sure looks like no stage is too big for him.

We’ll have an answer as to whether that’s the case when Dallas hosts Green Bay Sunday afternoon for a spot in the NFC Championship game at stake.
Sounds like Rodgers has a bit of hubris. I think that's going to come back to bite him when his dick gets knocked in the dirt.

townsend

Banned
People are nervous because they saw what Rodgers can do to a really good defense, one that completely stymied Dak.

But the Packers own D is nowhere close to the Giants'.

We score early and often and trust our D to bend-not-break enough times to win.
I think our defense matches up better with the Packers, we have a ton of depth at DB. Scandrick, Claiborne, Brown, and Carr at CB. Church, Wilcox, Jones, and Heath at safety. The spread is not as intimidating if your 8th best db is still pretty good.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
O
My greatest apprehension about Sunday is that Garrett will be so uptight about the game that he will get ultra conservative and not let the guys go all out. He always seems to opt for the conservative side.
In regards to Garrett, I'm more worried about him having this team ready to play.

I can't recall a single instance since he became coach in 2010 where we looked sharp coming off of a bye week.

Top Bottom