Wildcard Weekend Chatter Thread - 1/7/17 - 1/8/17

BipolarFuk

Demoted
All I know is that supposed elite OL better come to play and keep that offense off the field.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Our defense is gonna get scorched and I don't think Romo or Prescott even matters.

I'm already mentally prepared for the disappointment. The football gods never do us any favors. Why should they start now? We also come into the playoffs having finished 2-2. The gods hate that. Now I feel like we should have tried to win that Philly game.

Fuck, what a waste.
I'm concerned after watching the Giants get next to no pressure on Rodgers and he simply picked them clean.

It may be a bloodbath next weekend.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
All I know is that supposed elite OL better come to play and keep that offense off the field.
The difference is that unlike the Giants we actually have an excellent offense and an elite running game. Our offense will give the Packers defense trouble unlike the Giants offense that couldn't get out of their own way.

data

Forbes #1
What did you think of Edge of Tomorrow
Aight. A bit disappointed cuz I heard good reviews, so I was expecting more. Had its moments, but just forgettable. I'd re-watch Starship Troopers, but not this movie.

Ending was feh. Straight forward battle. Thought there'd be some time-rewind twist to the final battle.

Would've been better if Cruise and Blunt stayed dead and their nobody ever acknowledged their accomplishment.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The difference is that unlike the Giants we actually have an excellent offense and an elite running game. Our offense will give the Packers defense trouble unlike the Giants offense that couldn't get out of their own way.
That makes a huge difference.

For some reason people overlooked the fact that the Giants offense has been sub par since late November. They haven't cracked 20 points in about 5 games yet all anyone wanted to talk about heading into this week's game was "Playoff Eli" and how they ran the table from the wildcard position 5 and 9 years ago. As if the accomplishments of Coughlin's staff and players had any bearing on this year's game.

The Cowboys should be able to run the ball down the throats of the Packers again.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

For some reason people overlooked the fact that the Giants offense has been sub par since late November. They haven't cracked 20 points in about 5 games yet all anyone wanted to talk about heading into this week's game was "Playoff Eli" and how they ran the table from the wildcard position 5 and 9 years ago. As if the accomplishments of Coughlin's staff and players had any bearing on this year's game.

The Cowboys should be able to run the ball down the throats of the Packers again.
This. Well done Jefferson.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Plus playing in Green Bay in January is brutal. Playing in Dallas is totally different. I just think you will see a totally different type of game all around. Brutal weather causes drops and fumbles that you simply don't see in a dome in Dallas. I'm excited and I expect a great game. Something sort of like the Steelers game earlier this year.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Plus playing in Green Bay in January is brutal. Playing in Dallas is totally different. I just think you will see a totally different type of game all around. Brutal weather causes drops and fumbles that you simply don't see in a dome in Dallas. I'm excited and I expect a great game. Something sort of like the Steelers game earlier this year.
Yeah I don't think playing in Dallas gives us a huge hf advantage but it presents a huge hf advantage against us. So that's a big plus. You can count on two loud ass fans who will be in the crowd of 100,000 this Sunday. Woot!

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Our defense is gonna get scorched and I don't think Romo or Prescott even matters.

I'm already mentally prepared for the disappointment. The football gods never do us any favors. Why should they start now? We also come into the playoffs having finished 2-2. The gods hate that. Now I feel like we should have tried to win that Philly game.

Fuck, what a waste.
Giants played starters against and beat Washington. Didn't end well for the giants.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I wouldn't be surprised if we're the underdog.
The line I saw had us favored by 4. I can't really get much read on it but it is a good line for us I think; it seems about right.

GShock

DCC 4Life
If we don't run the ball 50 times next week and keep Rodgers off the field, Garrett and Linehan should be fired on the spot.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Yeah I don't think playing in Dallas gives us a huge hf advantage but it presents a huge hf advantage against us. So that's a big plus. You can count on two loud ass fans who will be in the crowd of 100,000 this Sunday. Woot!
That's good to hear. Hopefully you'll have a lot to cheer for.

Hopefully other Cowboys fans don't sell their tickets to Packers fans. I'm going to be pissed if it sounds like a 50/50 split in our own backyard.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Fuck, what a waste.
The football gods hate us so much that they gave us a rookie fourth round QB that led us to a 13-3 record. :lol I think most people would look at that and think the football gods love us. Especially since we tried for two other QBs in the draft earlier who looked nothing close to ready this year and weren't able to get either.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
If we don't run the ball 50 times next week and keep Rodgers off the field, Garrett and Linehan should be fired on the spot.
These kind of predictions are kind of worthless. Have to call plays according to the situations that present in the game. If GB sells out to stop the run (which they will), we need to be able to sling it. I'm not impressed with GB's secondary so likely we will need to take advantage of that.

I think we are a tough matchup for Green Bay. We will see...

Top Bottom