One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    What in the mother fuck is that?
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    Never. I thought it was some kind of gif someone made up.

I’m done now just based on that being for real.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

El Other Presidente' UncleMilti's Avatar
    I don't blame you. My passion for the team is pretty much gone. I mostly show up to make fun of the team or mildly get into it. Don't get me wrong, if the occasional exciting thing happens in a game I'll momentarily get fired up but I don't live this stuff anymore. Not by a long shot. My older kids still ask me a ton of football questions about players and such and I honestly don't know a lot of the answers.

College football brings me more joy than this trash team.
    Its a damn good thing we didn't buy some dumbass Cowboys forum or Bulletin Board or whatever its called these days.

5. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMilti View Post
    Its a damn good thing we didn't buy some dumbass Cowboys forum or Bulletin Board or whatever its called these days.

My abdication has been gradual, taking place over the last four or five years, to the point where the only games I'll watch are the 4 pm national games. Whereas in years past I'd arrange everything around that game, now if there's something else going on, fine. So be it.

I don't live near Dallas so I don't get the 1 pm games. I'd sure as hell never invest in NFL Ticket to watch. I never stay up for the night time games and haven't for at least the last three years. This last Monday night I forgot they were on.

I can watch a game and be emotionally uninvolved. I invest no emotional capital at all. If they lose I just shrug it off, turn off the TV and go on to whatever's next. It's kind of a win-win for me because a loss is just one more piece of mediocrity and failure that gets shoved up Jerry's ass. And that makes me glad.

My love of the Cowboys predates the Joneses. I will always support the team, yet I will loathe the Jones family. Jerry first and foremost.
    This current team so sadly reflects the dysfunction he has brought to a once proud organization. It is a national joke, and really, the best I can hope for is to see the team make Jerry and his minions look as stupid and pathetic as possible. 2016 was pure fluke, it will NEVER repeat. Now we are back to the .500 mire that we so appropriately represent. This is home to Jerry and Co, and only Jerry's death will change the landscape. This is hell for any fan of the team and those who live in Dallas.
    Sitting on .500

I don't think it's all Dak's fault. I think the right coaching and scheme could play to his strengths. He may not be a franchise QB and not the QB to take a team to the Big Game, but I think he could have done better under different circumstances. He showed that he had the potential once -- before Carot and the brain trust had an entire off season to turn him into a head case.

Quote Originally Posted by deadrise View Post
    I don't think it's all Dak's fault. I think the right coaching and scheme could play to his strengths. He may not be a franchise QB and not the QB to take a team to the Big Game, but I think he could have done better under different circumstances. He showed that he had the potential once -- before Carot and the brain trust had an entire off season to turn him into a head case.
    Can we name anyone that this offensive staff has developed? Honestly I can't name one. If they don't draft someone in the first round, sign a free agent or get a guy who falls out for some reason ( Collins), then they fail. Is it me?
    Sitting on .500

I'm in the same boat as some of you. I've been a die hard since I was 10 or so. But starting about 3 years ago I began pulling away and only watching pro games live that I thought would be good games regardless who was playing. Then when I transferred to my current assigment and the working the TCU games, I got more into college football. And that was mainly because it was live, I was there and the atmosphere is amazing. I was only DVR'ing the Cowboy games and scanning them quickly for individual stuff like Jaylon etc. Then the kneeling thing started, and the Cowboys did the group kneel before the game I was was even less interested. So now I record the game and if something interesting happens, I might scan through it, but likely I just delete it. I have gained so much of my Sundays back and had more time to do stuff like woodworking or spend with the family or work on my 66 Mustang. I can't tell you how much more I enjoy my Sundays after Church. But I will never love this team like I did and will never have any hope until at least Garrett is gone and likely Jerry goes to the oil field in the sky. Also, sports are actually better on the radio so you can still work while listening or ignoring.

12. The following user likes this post: