User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Rant: F this team.

Agree 100% with what TA & CL are saying. It wasnít that hard to walk away from this team. And like TA, I donít think Iíll ever be back.

Iíd been a fan of terrible Cowboys teams for a long time. I was a die hard. And now Iíve turned my attention to the Tennessee Volunteers. I follow recruiting like I used to foam at the mouth for mock drafts. I spend way too much time each week on a Vols forum. I spent a lot of money to see them play WVU in charlotte. Which is to say, I can follow and love and support a team even if they suck, provided I believe they are trying to be better.

I just donít feel that winning is a priority for Dallas. This team is blessed with an idiot fan base who will always cheer Jerry like heís Elvis. Heís making money hand over fist, lip smaking and grinning the whole time. Garrett gets his ass handed to him by a mediocre team, at home, coming off the bye, and has the audacity to say he saw good things in that game and trying to build from it.

He is a shit clueless coach who just recites key words and phrases he learns from reading books.
    Jerry is the epitome of incompetence, but heís old and comfortable and his ego wonít allow him to take a backseat to anyone.

Idk.... I think my fandom started to die when Tim McMahon started to pressure Jerry with hard questions and Jerry just replied with his stupid smirk about how him being the GM gives Dallas an advantage. There I was, so emotionally invested in the team that I would schedule life events around games, and wins/losses would alter my mood for days - and this POS is so oblivious and indifferent to winning.

And no, donít tell me ďJerry cares about winning.Ē He only wants to win on his terms, his way, and with him getting the credit. Fuck that guy and his entire family. Literally the worst thing to ever happen to Dallas. Cowboys are the Browns but with better uniforms.

2. The following 4 users like this post:

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    It wont ever change until that stadium is empty and merchandise quits flowing off rhe shelf. The guy is a snake oil salesmen and as long as we are atop the Forbes list there will never be a change.

My advice is to not let this team work you up anymore. Its just not worth it for your health, sanity, or dealing with family members after a loss. Just find a new hobby or spend more time with the family. Let this organization go by the wayside.
    This was my message back in the CFR days. I was made fun of and ridiculed on most Cowboys msg boards. The fans back then weren't fed up enough just yet I guess. Maybe we were a bit early with the CFR idea. But you're dead on right, nothing will change until it hits that bastard in his pocket. Nothing.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post
    Agree 100% with what TA & CL are saying. It wasn’t that hard to walk away from this team. And like TA, I don’t think I’ll ever be back.

I’d been a fan of terrible Cowboys teams for a long time. I was a die hard. And now I’ve turned my attention to the Tennessee Volunteers. I follow recruiting like I used to foam at the mouth for mock drafts. I spend way too much time each week on a Vols forum. I spent a lot of money to see them play WVU in charlotte. Which is to say, I can follow and love and support a team even if they suck, provided I believe they are trying to be better.

I just don’t feel that winning is a priority for Dallas.
    Right on.

Like you, I was such a blind homer back when Campo was coach. I actually thought those 2000-2002 teams were better than their record because of how many close games they lost and that a good coach could take that team to the playoffs.

So imagine what a smug bastard I was when Parcells took that same team to the playoffs in 2003.

Anyway, my point is that it has nothing to do with the losing. Like I tell people who ask me at work or wherever, I will support the team in the worst of times just so long as I feel like they are truly trying. But as you pointed out, that's not the case in Dallas.

I'll say it in very simple terms, but the Cowboys basically trip themselves on purpose. They KNOW what they have to do in order to get better but they refuse to.....all while still asking the fans to support them completely.

Fuck off.

And like you, I focus most of my football energy now on the Longhorns, recruiting, and on college football in general.

Unlike the Cowboys, the Longhorns have actually tried to get better and things are starting to look up (despite the tough back to back losses), which is way more than the Cowboys can say.

That team, and especially that family, does not deserve a single fan to support the team.

I really really wish the fans who were fed up found it in them to finally just give it up. I know it's hard so I don't antagonize anyone, but it's the best thing they could do and the best way to stick it to the Jones family.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

5. The following user likes this post:

Iíll be done again if everyone else will too.

EZ22

Quote Originally Posted by Landry View Post
    You just wait until Spaulding takes over, things will change fast around here.

What in the mother fuck is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    What in the mother fuck is that?

You never saw the commercial?

2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ace View Post

You never saw the commercial?

Never. I thought it was some kind of gif someone made up.

I’m done now just based on that being for real.

I don't blame you. My passion for the team is pretty much gone. I mostly show up to make fun of the team or mildly get into it. Don't get me wrong, if the occasional exciting thing happens in a game I'll momentarily get fired up but I don't live this stuff anymore. Not by a long shot. My older kids still ask me a ton of football questions about players and such and I honestly don't know a lot of the answers.

College football brings me more joy than this trash team.

12. The following 5 users like this post:

14. The following 7 users like this post: