User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Rant: F this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
    You can join the small but growing group of us out here who root for total failure for this organization and its insane owner family.

Jerry has proven he doesn't care about winning or us fans, so why should we care about his team?

You should try it, it's actually pretty fun. Days like this with Jerry and his idiot puppet coach finally getting heat are gold.
    I certainly enjoyed Witten progressively getting more critical of Garrett and the offense the worse they played and the later in the game it got.

2. The following user likes this post:

You just wait until Spaulding takes over, things will change fast around here.

4. The following user likes this post:

I'll probably always be a fan, but the apathy is real.

I totally even forgot the game was on last night.

That would have never happened until the last couple of years.

7. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFuk View Post
    I'll probably always be a fan, but the apathy is real.
    I almost bought a new Cowboys cap a couple of months ago, so glad I passed. I'll always be a fan too because I've been one since '71 when I was a little kid but I'm burning out.

I don't agree Jerry doesn't care as long as the money is flowing in. He's always had more money than he knows what to do with. What he will desperately go to the grave seeking is being considered a "football guy."

It's not enough just to win, we have to win his way.

As I have stated before I will always be a fan of the team and wish them the best. I have watched them longer without Jones as an owner as I have otherwise so Jones is a stage in the teams history albeit a mixed bag stage in the lifespan. I have seen them since the first season with LeBaron as the midget QB to the current one who tries his best but doesn’t seem to have what it takes. I’m in all the way with the team but thourly disgusted with the Ownweship, management and Coaching staff. Memory serves me that the 70s and 80s had their droughts also.
    Since Day One

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestar71 View Post
    Yep. I would like to say I'm washing my hands with the morons running this team but I know I can't totally do it.
    It's not as hard as you would think.

I began forcing myself to not keep up in the offseason and not follow the draft or training camp in 2012. I'll admit that I was very tempted to tune in, but I forced myself not to.

5 years later, not only do I not have to force myself to not keep up in the offseason, I honestly have no interest whatsoever to do so.

It's human nature to become more and more disinterested in something the more time you spend away from it or disconnected from it.

Because I've been disconnected from the team in that capacity for so long, even in 2014 when I did enjoy them winning, it wasn't like it used to be in the past where I'd wake up on Monday mornings feeling great. It was more like a short-lived joy than something that made me feel good for an entire week like it was in my homer days.

My point is, even if the Cowboys went out and hired Bill Belichick tomorrow I don't think I will ever care about this team the way that I did prior to me making the conscious decision to start finding ways to emotionally disconnect myself from the team.... And I have no regrets about that.

I guess you could say it was kind of like a no-looking-back type of decision and I'm glad I made it.

I promise that if you make the effort to do so in the beginning, it'll start to come naturally as time goes on and you'll be glad you did it.

Even if the Cowboys weren't the disaster that they are, there are much better things you could do with your time anyway so them being a shit show just makes it even easier to focus your time on something else.

If it wasn't for the fact that some of the best memories in my life we're enjoying those 90s Cowboys teams with my father and uncle, I think I would have checked out a lot sooner than that.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

12. The following 4 users like this post:

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    You'll all be back (or most of you will be) when the next coach and/or next QB has the team 10-2 or whatever in 2021.

Only to see it all crash and burn again.

It will. As long as Jones is running things.
    Not me.

I've missed lots of Cowboys games in the last few seasons and I haven't missed it one bit.

The only reason at all that I'm even remotely interested in what is going on with the 2018 Cowboys is because I think there's a legitimate chance Garrett gets fired. if I didn't think that were possible then I wouldn't even be paying attention the little bit that I am right now.

I played RDR while this game was on last night and I watched the highlights afterward just to see what happened and I was pleasantly surprised by how poorly they performed. All of the check boxes were met in what I consider a best case scenario type loss because it all reflects poorly on Garrett and Prescott.

Now, if they fire him it will only serve as a brief respite to me as I will wait to see who they go after next before I celebrate.

If it's some other stooge who will also serve as a puppet or they do something idiotic line extend Prescott to a big contract despite his poor play, then that will be the end of my days as a Cowboys fan for good.

My attachment to this team is already hanging on by the very thinnest of threads, so what the Cowboys do after they presumably fire Garrett will determine whether I come back to the team in some form or if I leave this garbage in the past forever.
    Last edited by Texas Ace; 11-06-2018 at 09:29 PM.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

14. The following 2 users like this post:

~buying $1,500 worth of Cowboys merchandise to offset the fury~