User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Aikman calls for big changes to Cowboys organization

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ace View Post
    He said in his Football Life episode that he pretty much holds Jerry accountable for the team going to shit and the 2nd half of his career not being a lot of fun.

How the hell is he the only player to have come to this conclusion

Did Romo, Witten, Ware, Emmitt, etc. really not realize while they were still playing that "We're not doing things here like most teams around the league do and that's why we don't win"????

It's baffling to me.
    I think they do know it, but they either 1) feel some loyalty to Jerry because he's reportedly so nice to the players and their families or 2) they just don't have the balls Troy does. Troy is that old-school tough as nails country guy who truly doesn't give a shit if you like him or not.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

What does this armchair QB know about it?

3. The following user likes this post:

While I appreciate any and all criticism of Jerry Jones, part of me feels Aikman is probably angling for a role similar to Elway in Denver, or Magic Johnson with the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffa View Post
    While I appreciate any and all criticism of Jerry Jones, part of me feels Aikman is probably angling for a role similar to Elway in Denver, or Magic Johnson with the Lakers.
    This organization should be so lucky.

Who knows whether or not Aikman has a keen scouting eye, he probably doesn't, but he'd at least bring a common sense, practical philosophy to the organization.

I still believe in McClay but the key at the end of the day is keeping Jerry at bay, and severing the familial like ties he has with the moron head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffa View Post
    Doubtful. If he wanted that, he wouldn’t have waited this long. He has a pretty cushy job right now.

7. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by bbgun View Post
    latest update to Jerry's Christmas Card list

I'd bet Witten is off as well if he was trashing the coaching staff last night like I read he was.

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFuk View Post
    I'd bet Witten is off as well if he was trashing the coaching staff last night like I read he was.
    He was, he was bitching about the play calling on offense more then I would have ever expected out of Witten. It was a pretty regular theme throughout the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    He was, he was bitching about the play calling on offense more then I would have ever expected out of Witten. It was a pretty regular theme throughout the game.
    I read that he said something like, "Yeah, I HATED this when I was playing", referring to only going no huddle when you had to.

Witten has also been brutalized on Twitter for his toupee.

Does anyone imagine that Aikman's strong statement would have any effect whatsoever on Jerry's thinking?