4 in custody after mentally disabled man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
But, that lends itself to my point. The media shouldn't be that way, and it hasn't always been that way. It's only been in the last 20-30 years that the media has gone from a civil service type thing to a money-making empire. If the media just reported everything without bias, the riots that are focused on wouldn't seem so glamorized.
Oh I agree that the media is influential to some degree. I just won't go as far as saying CNN and MSNBC are responsible for those 4 assholes doing what they did. If the races were reversed I wouldn't place blame on Fox News.

My personal opinion is those jackasses have been racists pisses of shit well before the Trump campaign kicked off. MSNBC/CNN didn't make them that way.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Oh I agree that the media is influential to some degree. I just won't go as far as saying CNN and MSNBC are responsible for those 4 assholes doing what they did. If the races were reversed I wouldn't place blame on Fox News.

My personal opinion is those jackasses have been racists pisses of shit well before the Trump campaign kicked off. MSNBC/CNN didn't make them that way.
I didn't say they are responsible. I said they have had an influence. That was my point from the beginning. I agree that some people are just assholes by nature. It reminds me of a Bill Cosby line. "I said to a guy, "Tell me, what is it about cocaine that makes it so wonderful," and he said, "Because it intensifies your personality." I said, "Yes, but what if you're an asshole?"

townsend

Banned
I didn't say they are responsible. I said they have had an influence. That was my point from the beginning. I agree that some people are just assholes by nature. It reminds me of a Bill Cosby line. "I said to a guy, "Tell me, what is it about cocaine that makes it so wonderful," and he said, "Because it intensifies your personality." I said, "Yes, but what if you're an asshole?"
That's why Cosby only recommends Rohypnol.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

No, but dumb people are easy to manipulate. And if you are very very stupid and you believe whatever you are told, you can act like that.

All in all, people are very very gullible. In fact, I bet less than 25% of the adult population is intellectually capable of thinking for themselves.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
If there were any people that ever deserved to be thrown in the illegal jail in Chicago to never be seen again, these four cunts fit the bill.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If there were any people that ever deserved to be thrown in the illegal jail in Chicago to never be seen again, these four cunts fit the bill.
You do understand that memes drove them to this, right?

Cotton

Staff member
Their entire motive is profit, don't get it twisted
Sure, a lot of their motivation is profit, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think the national media is politically biased. I couldn't even watch the national news during the election cycle it was so bad.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

BINGO.

This is what we all too often realize.

People are assholes. Every one of us are, some a lot more than others.

We look for someone to blame. Media and the other side of government that we don't agree with! They look for an excuse. To hell with the man! I don't like people who don't think like me!

The blame and excuses are all bullshit. It boils down to people are shitty by nature and are prone to doing stuff like this. When they do, they should be punished. Contain your anger and use that energy for something positive.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Sure, a lot of their motivation is profit, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think the national media is politically biased. I couldn't even watch the national news during the election cycle it was so bad.
All of their motivation is profit, they are corporations.

The most watched news channel in the country is Fox. It is all about perception and our preconceived beliefs, many of us want echo chambers, not real news.

2233boys

Not So New Member
BINGO.

We look for someone to blame. Media and the other side of government that we don't agree with! They look for an excuse. To hell with the man! I don't like people who don't think like me!

The blame and excuses are all bullshit. It boils down to people are shitty by nature and are prone to doing stuff like this. When they do, they should be punished. Contain your anger and use that energy for something positive.
I blame you.

Cotton

Staff member
All of their motivation is profit, they are corporations.

The most watched news channel in the country is Fox. It is all about perception and our preconceived beliefs, many of us want echo chambers, not real news.
I do not agree. There is a political motivation, as well.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The large media Giants have evolved to a mind set that it isn't enough to report the news rather they have a responsibility to shape the news.

Cotton

Staff member
The large media Giants have evolved to a mind set that it isn't enough to report the news rather they have a responsibility to shape the news.
Correct.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think we can all agree that those sick assholes need to have the book thrown at them and that this should definitely fit the bill as a hate crime. But to try to pin this on the media and the Democrats is a reach.

Some of you sound like the clowns who blame video games and music after a mass shooting occurs.

Some people are just dumb fucks who will do dumb shit no matter what. By the looks of their mugshots, those 4 animals have probably done a ton of other despicable and illegal things in their life.
Yep.

Jiggyfly

Banned
BINGO.

So much this.

It took me 40 years on this earth to realize this and I have stopped being disappointed and stressed about the action of others.

Most people are shitty given the right circumstances and there is really nothing you can do about it, family included.

2233boys

Not So New Member
For Profit! That is what they are all about, profit, advertising sales, and viewership. Anything for a dollar, it isn't news any longer, it is what sells to a particular market.

shane

DCC 4Life
That's retarded.

If you want to blame media for their slanted coverage to prop corporate profits, by all means. All of our National media Fox, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, AP, all of it is propaganda, commercially driven BS.
The left has been pushing retarded bullshit to divide the races for many years, whipping up these kinds of "people" into a frenzy. They deserve a great deal of the blame. Racial relations have backslid a great deal over the past eight years, and it is 100 percent the Obama administration and its apologists at fault for this.

Top Bottom