Will Tony Romo even be active Sunday?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He was doing the same thing in 2015 before he got hurt, that was a year removed from the back surgery.
That was initiated since he had stated he felt fresher then he continued to take off on Wednesday. It was his idea and it was allowed. It doesn't mean he couldn't practice, it just meant Romo took an offer to continue being off in the middle of the week. That doesn't spell a chronic condition. Of course one can speculate that it does.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Still cracks me up that we get "100%" offense with Romo in there. That is completely, and ignorantly, discounting what Prescott's presence does. He keeps defenses honest. Romo, if the run game is not clicking, drops to the fetal position if pressure is there.
:lol. Right. It's Dak, not fricking *Elliott* keeping defenses honest.

Defenses aren't dropping out of 8-man fronts. Elliott is facing them 40% of the time. You target deep not just to pressure the defense and open up the offense, but to also back teams out of those fronts.

So now the story is Romo drops into a fetal position at the first sign of pressure?

Jesus Titty-Fucking Christ. I knew there was Romo hate out there, but this is stupid.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That was initiated since he had stated he felt fresher then he continued to take off on Wednesday. It was his idea and it was allowed. It doesn't mean he couldn't practice, it just meant Romo took an offer to continue being off in the middle of the week. That doesn't spell a chronic condition. Of course one can speculate that it does.
Where are you getting this from?

It was always about his back they even said on those Wednesdays he was doing training to strengthen his back.

They even continued doing it this year.

http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2016/11/02/romo-wednesdays-still-in-effect-as-cowboys-qb-doesnt-go-in-practice/

By: K.D. Drummond | November 2, 2016 4:34 pm ET

Tony Romo is getting closer to returning, but he still doesn’t practice on Wednesdays. A few years back when he first was returning from a back injury, the team decided Romo’s back simply couldn’t take the regular practice regiment he was used to. He was given every Wednesday off after they learned it allowed him to be his freshest on game day. As he looks to return from this most recent injury, it remains in effect. Romo didn’t participate in practice on Wednesday, along with several other hurting Cowboys.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Odell Beckham Jr: 10.56 targets per game
Dez Bryant: 7.38 targets per game, down from from 8.625 in 2014
Cole Beasley: 6.1 targets per game-- exactly double from 2014

Too much dinking around.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Odell Beckham Jr: 10.56 targets per game
Dez Bryant: 7.38 targets per game, down from from 8.625 in 2014
Cole Beasley: 6.1 targets per game-- exactly double from 2014

Too much dinking around.
:lol

The Giants are a pass happy team. They threw the ball like 139 more times then us. And their offense is shit.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Why is that, I wonder?
Yeah that is somewhat telling. This is the key element to become proficient if the team is to have a legitimate run for the Lombardy trophy. Without that deep threat the team is not going to have enough steam to go all the way.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Where are you getting this from?

It was always about his back they even said on those Wednesdays he was doing training to strengthen his back.

They even continued doing it this year.

http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2016/11/02/romo-wednesdays-still-in-effect-as-cowboys-qb-doesnt-go-in-practice/
That's what I said and you confirmed it with the article. I just became a continuing practice because it made him feel fresher. Nothing is stated in the article that he had continuing back problems.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Bryant was at his career peak on 2014. This year, not so much.
Well, he's been injured.

Its still debateable which supporting cast was better. Not nearly as clear cut as some would have you believe.

And on no planet has Murray ever been anywhere near as good as Zeke. "It's not even a debate."

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And on no planet has Murray ever been anywhere near as good as Zeke. "It's not even a debate."
Not to knock Zeke who has been amazing. But Murray had more rushing and receiving yards. So yeah, it's crystal clear.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Nobody ever said he could not practice but the fact remains he takes a day off to rest his back and devote time to making sure its strong.

From his own mouth.

The Dallas Cowboys went back to their 2014 practice plan for Tony Romo this week, giving him Wednesday off between a walkthrough Tuesday and practice Thursday, but insisted in doing so that there was no practice plan in place for Romo here in 2015.

But Romo doesn’t sound like he’d be terribly disappointed if the team did just go ahead and declare the no-Wednesdays practice schedule a permanent thing. On his day off Wednesday, he credited the practice plan--which started last year as a precautionary measure as Romo was coming off back surgery--with helping keep him fresh throughout 2014.

“I think you know the ultimate goal is to be your best every Sunday,” Romo told the team’s official website. “There’s a routine that we do on Wednesdays that I think is very beneficial that helps me build throughout the year when otherwise it’d be difficult to.”

Romo is back at full health now, but he still devotes Wednesdays to the kind of core strengthening work he did when rehabbing the back--and, once again, he believes that work pays off during the grind of an NFL season.

Source: Tony Romo Praises "Wednesdays Off" Practice Plan | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth http://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-star/Romo-Praises-Wednesdays-Off-Practice-Plan--326406451.html#ixzz4UuKtpIKz
Follow us: @nbcdfw on Twitter | NBCDFW on Facebook

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Nobody ever said he could not practice but the fact remains he takes a day off to rest his back and devote time to making sure its strong.

From his own mouth.
You just keep proving my point. He is back to "full health" now but continues this practice because he believes it pays off. Where in all of this does it mention he is still complaining or rehabbing because of back problems. It doesn't. It is a practice he has opted to continue to do because he thinks it helps him. But he is back to full health.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Not to knock Zeke who has been amazing. But Murray had more rushing and receiving yards. So yeah, it's crystal clear.
Yeah, but it's not, since stats don't tell the whole story and we aren't discussing who had better stats.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, but it's not, since stats don't tell the whole story and we aren't discussing who had better stats.
:lol

Stats only don't matter when you have a point that sounds ridiculous when looking at the stats. A statement like, Ezekiel Elliott is infinitely better then the best RB season we have ever seen in Cowboys history. Some opinions are just plain dumb. Like that one.

Of course the line was better in 2014, so if you want to argue it's the cause for that stat differential go ahead. Because the O-line was better that season. The offense was overall more talented that year.

data

Forbes #1
A stat to round this out would be how many 8+ boxes Murray faced. We have that number for Zeke, 40% of his carries, right?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yea, but regardless of who is the better talent, Murray has a phenomenal year and was just as effective, and maybe even moreso, in 2014 than Zeke was this year.

I believe he equaled and even surpassed the record for consecutive games with 100 yards rushing.

You cannot discount how important that was to the offense and to the team as a whole that year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A stat to round this out would be how many 8+ boxes Murray faced. We have that number for Zeke, 40% of his carries, right?
Not sure on that stat. Murray's were up there but formations tend to dictate that a lot as well. I mean if you go to a formation with a OG playing TE and only one WR the defense is going to bring an extra man in the box. Makes no sense not to.

Top Bottom