Who would you rather face?

• Giants, then Packers, then Lions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Packers, then Lions, then Giants

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

townsend

Banned
I always felt the same way about aikman. I'd have taken him above just about anyone in that era. The volume stats didn't matter. They simply didn't play that style. But the efficiency stats were great.

Dak reminds me of that. He could put up the big stats if he had to, but that's secondary to winning.
I agree. Being part of a winning team is the most important part of playing QB. Sometimes that means having to will them to victory. But I think folks tend to believe gawdy stats would automatically make a team more viable in the post season.

Peyton Manning has the gaudiest stats in NFL history, he also has the most playoff meltdowns of any QB (close second on both being Brett Favre) teams that live by the QB die by the QB.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I always felt the same way about aikman. I'd have taken him above just about anyone in that era. The volume stats didn't matter. They simply didn't play that style. But the efficiency stats were great.

Dak reminds me of that. He could put up the big stats if he had to, but that's secondary to winning.
Daks style is reflected in his stats and vice versa.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Hey gaiz, did you know Jay Cutler is definitely a better quarterback than Johnny Unitas, because his numbers are bigger!
That's an absurd post. Nothing has been said about comparing quarterbacks. The topic was who is the better passer and what is the indicator of same.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I've watched both Romo and Aikman play. I'm not going to say who's better because it's a comparison of two completely different QBs from two completely different eras. It would almost be like an Emmitt vs Barry debate. They were completely different RBs with different offenses surrounding them; therefore, they used different skills. Emmitt was more of a power back while Barry was more elusive. Emmitt used his vision to see holes before they even opened while Barry used speed.

Sorry for the Emmitt vs Barry tangent but you can see how easy it is to fall into these debates.

That being said, as a pure passer, I take Aikman. He could thread a needle with his throws. On the other hand, if I had to choose a QB for some of these teams in the past, I gotta go with Romo. No way Troy could play behind some of the shit lines Tony has had to play with.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I've watched both Romo and Aikman play. I'm not going to say who's better because it's a comparison of two completely different QBs from two completely different eras. It would almost be like an Emmitt vs Barry debate. They were completely different RBs with different offenses surrounding them; therefore, they used different skills. Emmitt was more of a power back while Barry was more elusive. Emmitt used his vision to see holes before they even opened while Barry used speed.

Sorry for the Emmitt vs Barry tangent but you can see how easy it is to fall into these debates.

That being said, as a pure passer, I take Aikman. He could thread a needle with his throws. On the other hand, if I had to choose a QB for some of these teams in the past, I gotta go with Romo. No way Troy could play behind some of the shit lines Tony has had to play with.
That's what most seem to come away with about Aikman but the stats paint a picture that Romo is a more efficient passer. I won't compare them as quarterbacks because the are completely different with very different supporting casts. That becomes a matter of subjective reasoning and preference.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Top Bottom