• Giants, then Packers, then Lions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Packers, then Lions, then Giants

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
No Rookie QB has ever won the Super Bowl, not sure how much of a fail it would be not winning it all. 1 in done would be a huge fail IMO.
I think you mean 1 and done, tadamountboi.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It's really hard to do against a single high safety.
I see your point. Not saying it's easy, just that I'd like to do more than simply take what the defense gives us.

Dak has looked off safeties before. In this regard, he and Romo are far ahead of Aikman as passers.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I see your point. Not saying it's easy, just that I'd like to do more than simply take what the defense gives us.

Dak has looked off safeties before. In this regard, he and Romo are far ahead of Aikman as passers.
And we already have the 2017 Hot Take of The Year.

Ravi never change.:lol

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And we already have the 2017 Hot Take of The Year.

Ravi never change.:lol
"in this regard" == Looking off safeties.

As an all-time baller who'd crush your soul in the playoffs, Dak has a ways to go.

But as a pure passer Aikman wasn't the surgeon he thinks he is.

His career was all about those unreal deep outs and the way he led the team through the 92-95 playoffs. As a passer.. Hell he had one full year with 12 fricking touchdowns.

Cotton

Staff member
Statistally they are ahead of Aikman.
You can't use statistics to judge Aikman. He had the all time rushing record holder behind him that we road like a horse. Aikman was an all-timer.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Statistally they are ahead of Aikman.
And?

Aikman could attack every level of the field unlike Romo and the jury is still out on Dak.

As a pure passer there are not many QB's I take over Aikman in history.

This Aikman never looked off safeties thing is the 1st time I have heard it and I know Aikman never had an issue staring down receivers, so I call bullshit.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You can't use statistics to judge Aikman. He had the all time rushing record holder behind him that we road like a horse. Aikman was an all-timer.
I'm not judging Aikmam I am saying statistally Romo and Prescott are way ahead of him. Aikmam only reached Romo's passer rating average maybe twice in his career and hasn't got close to Prescott. The fact the Emmitt was on the team shouldn't affect a rating what so ever.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Statistics dude statistics.

And he was just arguing in another thread about Dak not having enough games under his belt to be compared to Romo.:lol

But i'm the contrarian.:lol

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
No one's disputing that.

Purely talking about one aspect of his skill as a passer, his skill at looking off safeties. Aikman had great mechanics, accuracy, and arm strength, but he wasn't the creative point guard Romo has been or that Dak has shown signs of becoming.

Cotton

Staff member
No one's disputing that.

Purely talking about one aspect of his skill as a passer, his skill at looking off safeties. Aikman had great mechanics, accuracy, and arm strength, but he wasn't the creative point guard Romo has been or that Dak has shown signs of becoming.
He didn't have to be (not that he wasn't). The man could fit a ball into a pin hole. Over and over again.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He didn't have to be (not that he wasn't). The man could fit a ball into a pin hole. Over and over again.
Even if you knew where he was throwing it, you couldn't stop it.

Aikman wasn't great at faking or misdirection or being a comeback magician because he didn't fucking have to be.

He pwned you from the beginning. Why trick you or come back on you when he could beat you straight up at your best and was usually ahead from the start to finish.

A fucking beast and a champion, regarding Aikman you're preaching to the choir, my friend. I have the man's signed authentic jersey. One of the very best ever.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Statistics dude statistics.

And he was just arguing in another thread about Dak not having enough games under his belt to be compared to Romo.:lol

But i'm the contrarian.:lol
When you get the time find out where I was judging Aikman or even commenting on his skills. I stand by my statement that the passer ratings of Dak and Romo are well ahead of Aikmam and it is a matter of fact. Something tells me you won't find the time to check it because you are more interested in skewing.

Jiggyfly

Banned
When you get the time find out where I was judging Aikman or even commenting on his skills. I stand by my statement that the passer ratings of Dak and Romo are well ahead of Aikmam and it is a matter of fact. Something tells me you won't find the time to check it because you are more interested in skewing.
What do I need to check?

You brought statistics into a conversation of passing ability.

After just claiming in another thread that Daks " statistics should not be compared because of the him only playing 1 year.

Now he is a better passer than Aikman because of statistics?

What exactly was the point of your post if you where not commenting on Aikmans ability or skills because Ravi certainly was.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What do I need to check?

You brought statistics into a conversation of passing ability.

After just claiming in another thread that Daks " statistics should not be compared because of the him only playing 1 year.

Now he is a better passer than Aikman because of statistics?

What exactly was the point of your post if you where not commenting on Aikmans ability or skills because Ravi certainly was.
The point was to substantiate Ravi's post that you made light of. He said both Dak and Romo were ahead of Aikmam as a passer and that was a correct statement. I simply concurred with what he said referring to actual statistics. You then started your usual skewing with now who is the contrarian .

Cotton

Staff member
The point was to substantiate Ravi's post that you made light of. He said both Dak and Romo were ahead of Aikmam as a passer and that was a correct statement. I simply concurred with what he said referring to actual statistics. You then started your usual skewing with now who is the contrarian .
The problem is, it wasn't a correct statement. That's why I said what I did. Romo nor Dak at this point can even sniff Aikman's jock as a passer.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The problem is, it wasn't a correct statement. That's why I said what I did. Romo nor Dak at this point can even sniff Aikman's jock as a passer.
It is correct statistically. If you have a different perspective I will be glad to hear it but not being able to sniff Aikman's jock isn't something I can tangebly understand. I am not evaluating who is the Quarterback with the strongest or most accurate arm I simply supported Ravi's statement that Romo and Dak are better passers and the statistical results bear that out.

townsend

Banned
Comparing passers from different eras is basically making comparisons between different sports. Marino's 48 TD record was never supposed to be broken. In the 21st century it was broken by Manning, then that record was broken by Brady, then Manning rebroke the fuck out of that record with 55 TDs.

John Elway, Jim Kelley, Warren Moon, and Steve Young's stats look positively mediocre in today's NFL.

Cotton

Staff member
It is correct statistically. If you have a different perspective I will be glad to hear it but not being able to sniff Aikman's jock isn't something I can tangebly understand. I am not evaluating who is the Quarterback with the strongest or most accurate arm I simply supported Ravi's statement that Romo and Dak are better passers and the statistical results bear that out.
Drew Bree's stats dwarf Aikman's, so is Brees a better passer than Aikman?

Top Bottom