Will Tony Romo even be active Sunday?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
By protects the ball I assume you mean he is more conservative with his passes. That is probably true to the degree that he has less experience and is still more cautious. Veteran QBs tend to think they can make throws they shouldn't and get careless at times. Whether that would be a factor in the rest of the games is hard to say especially since Dallas is prone to run the ball more.
Less INT's is preferable to more INT's.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Dak protects the ball much better than Romo ever did.
Early Romo, sure. But the last few years, he's been pretty good. And has Romo ever fumbled as much as Dak has this year? I honestly don't know, and I"m too lazy to look it up.

townsend

Banned
I think some folks forgot what bad Romo looks like. Go find film of the opener versus San Francisco in 2014. Romo LOST that game.

Take a look at the Thanksgiving game same year.

Tony Romo had two terrible games in his best year in Dallas. Both much worse than the worst game of Dak's rookie season.

townsend

Banned
Early Romo, sure. But the last few years, he's been pretty good. And has Romo ever fumbled as much as Dak has this year? I honestly don't know, and I"m too lazy to look it up.
Romo was really really bad at fumbling early on. 11 in his first 3 seasons. He had 3 (same as Dak) in 2014.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I'll make it easy...if we could have the 4 minute Philly Romo on Sunday for the playoff/SB run, it would be a no brainer to start Romo over Dak simply because of the experience.

But, since its almost a 100% given you won't get THAT Romo, you have to go with got you where you are.

And that is

THE DAK ATTACK, BITCHES!!!!

:lol

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Romo was really really bad at fumbling early on. 11 in his first 3 seasons. He had 3 (same as Dak) in 2014.
That's what I remember as well. Early in his career he fumbled a lot. But over time it was something that he improved drastically at.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This is retarded and what continually bothers me about the dakheads.

Fine if you want to stick with Dak but you don't have to cherry pick bad Tony moments as if he's fucking sucked his whole career. If I wanted to be petty I could roll out at least 3 games where dak wasn't very good.

You guys have really short and retarded memories. Romo has been really fucking good for a long fucking time.

You want to point out that he's not perfect? You want to point out the rare bad moments from a season in which he went 12-4 and finished runner-up in the mvp race? congrats on having zero fucking point.

townsend

Banned
This is retarded and what continually bothers me about the dakheads.

Fine if you want to stick with Dak but you don't have to cherry pick bad Tony moments as if he's fucking sucked his whole career. If I wanted to be petty I could roll out at least 3 games where dak wasn't very good.

You guys have really short and retarded memories. Romo has been really fucking good for a long fucking time.

You want to point out that he's not perfect? You want to point out the rare bad moments from a season in which he went 12-4 and finished runner-up in the mvp race? congrats on having zero fucking point.
Just because you don't understand the point, doesn't mean there isn't a point.

The point is that Dak's your best chance at winning, because even at Romo's best he still makes mistakes that lose you games. I picked 2014 specifically because it was his most perfect year, and he still shit the bed a couple times.

He's good for a couple of those every year, and that's fine, he was overall a really good QB. But there's a reason that he lost more games in 2014 (and by much larger margins), than Dak did in 2016. Because Dak's more consistent, and less prone to turning over the ball. That's what you need to win a Super Bowl.

townsend

Banned
Dak had 9 fumbles. 3 while outside the pocket rushing and 6 while in the pocket.

Makes Romo's 11 in 3 seasons not look quite as bad, eh?
My bad, I was looking at fumbles lost.

Tony had 9,10,13 in his first 3 seasons. 7 in 2014.

ETA: Dak lost 4 so I don't even know where I got 3 from.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Romo may have the best chance to will a team to victory, but Dak still gives you your best chance to win a game. Bad Dak is a lot easier for the rest of the team to bail out than bad Romo.
You guys are hilarious with this "Bad Romo" or "Romo will be injured" shit.

Romo had bad games when his back was bad. It isn't.

If Romo is injured, then you have Dak.

I can tell you Dallas won't win anything if they don't least attempt multiple 25+ yard pass plays in at least two and probably all of the next three games.

Dink and Dak isn't going to cut it anymore. The teams that make it this far take risks and play with intensity.

Does Dallas do this at all outside of games that don't matter?

When Zeke busted it for 80+ and in the Green Bay defender fell down just before half time we broke those games wide open and put huge pressure on the other teams in their house.

We finally brought that attitude vs Detroit, though we had nothing to lose.

We we need a LOT more of that.

kidd

DCC 4Life
You know I remember some bad Tom Brady games. There was one when he threw 4 picks against KC.

There have also been some bad Peyton Manning games. His 5 nit game versus the Chargers comes to mind.

Hell Aaron Rodgers wasn't playing like himself for nearly half this season.

My point is that all Qbs have bad games and to cherry pick a few and use them as some sort of validation that your pet Qb is better is bullshit.

townsend

Banned
You guys are hilarious with this "Bad Romo" or "Romo will be injured" shit.

Romo had bad games when his back was bad. It isn't.

If Romo is injured, then you have Dak.

I can tell you Dallas won't win anything if they don't least attempt multiple 25+ yard pass plays in at least two and probably all of the next three games.

Dink and Dak isn't going to cut it anymore. The teams that make it this far take risks and play with intensity.

Does Dallas do this at all outside of games that don't matter?

When Zeke busted it for 80+ and in the Green Bay defender fell down just before half time we broke those games wide open and put huge pressure on the other teams in their house.

We finally brought that attitude vs Detroit, though we had nothing to lose.

We we need a LOT more of that.
Romo's back isn't magically healed. It's been bad for years and years, and that's before he broke a bone. 36 year old Romo isn't healthier than 34 year old Romo. Back injuries wil plague him the rest of his career, and after he retires. It did my heart good to see Romo play a great series. But that sure as hell isn't playing a whole game. Dak's the only Cowboys QB to play well in an entire game since 2014, that includes Romo's 2015 performances before he got hurt.

First of all "Dink and Dak" is nothing. You're making up this idea that a 25
+ deep passing game is somehow crucial to winning in the playoffs. First we can, and have passed deep Dak had deep passes to Bryant in Pittsburg and Minnesota. Second, we went 13-3 choosing to capitalize more on an intermediate passing game. Tampa and Washington had a lot of deep passes, and we beat them, and they aren't going to the playoffs. We take deep shots but we're not gamblers, we don't have to be. We have the best line and best RB in the league. I'd rather "Dak and Dunk" than whatever the hell Kirk Cousins and Jamies Winston did this year.

townsend

Banned
You know I remember some bad Tom Brady games. There was one when he threw 4 picks against KC.

There have also been some bad Peyton Manning games. His 5 nit game versus the Chargers comes to mind.

Hell Aaron Rodgers wasn't playing like himself for nearly half this season.

My point is that all Qbs have bad games and to cherry pick a few and use them as some sort of validation that your pet Qb is better is bullshit.
Every QB has bad games. The point was Dak's worst was way better than Romo's worst. That when people said Romo "gave you the best chance to win" they were envisioning the great games he was capable of, without taking into account the shitters.

The reason Dak gives you the best chance to win, best demonstrated by his 13 wins, is because even though (so far) his highs aren't as high as Romo's, his lows aren't as nearly as low either.

I love Romo. But it's idiotic to disregard a guy who's scored 29 TDs and only thrown 4 interceptions. That makes a big difference, and we've won a lot of tight games that might not have gone our way if we hadn't consistently held on to the ball.

Now obviously you never know what might change. Cam Newton went from MVP to MIA once he walked into the SB, so Dak's consistency could suffer later on. But with the data set we have. Comparing Dak's only season, with Romo's best season, it's easy to see that Dak gives you the best chance to win.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Romo's back isn't magically healed. It's been bad for years and years, and that's before he broke a bone. 36 year old Romo isn't healthier than 34 year old Romo. Back injuries wil plague him the rest of his career, and after he retires. It did my heart good to see Romo play a great series. But that sure as hell isn't playing a whole game. Dak's the only Cowboys QB to play well in an entire game since 2014, that includes Romo's 2015 performances before he got hurt.

First of all "Dink and Dak" is nothing. You're making up this idea that a 25
+ deep passing game is somehow crucial to winning in the playoffs. First we can, and have passed deep Dak had deep passes to Bryant in Pittsburg and Minnesota. Second, we went 13-3 choosing to capitalize more on an intermediate passing game. Tampa and Washington had a lot of deep passes, and we beat them, and they aren't going to the playoffs. We take deep shots but we're not gamblers, we don't have to be. We have the best line and best RB in the league. I'd rather "Dak and Dunk" than whatever the hell Kirk Cousins and Jamies Winston did this year.
Preach.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
. I'd rather "Dak and Dunk" than whatever the hell Kirk Cousins and Jamies Winston did this year.
We won't win the Super Bowl that way. Tom Brady and Matt Ryan aren't afraid to attack the deep middle of the field.

We are ridiculously talented. What we've done so far, shit that's autopilot.

And (if you actually read my posts) I'm not saying Dak CAN'T throw deep. It's a combination of him being safe and our OC is being uber-conservative.

Autopilot only takes you through the regular season.

We've got to beat the Giants, Falcons, and Patriots in succession. Anything less is a failure.

Unless we attack like we did vs Detroit, failure is exactly what you should prepare for.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think Tony's back is healed actually. I think he has a Peyton Manning post surgery 3-4 year run in him possibly.

It would make zero sense to bank on that which is why it would be so important for us, or Denver for example, to have found a Dak Prescott or Paxton Lynch and have them waiting in the wings, because when guys are that old it can end at literally any time, but I also would have let him play if I thought he was healthy and the better QB when healthy (which I did). Moot now obviously.

Top Bottom