2017 Mock Drafts

D

Deuce

As far as Green is this based on talent/deserves a chance/ think injuries are done or based on that's how the Cowboys have done it in the past?

For the record I do want DL addressed first but think they will have to address RT sooner than they want to. Collins is some kind of FA after next season (along with Martin) and well I don't think Green can stay healthy.
It's based on what I read when they talk about him. The coaching staff seems to like him and Broaddus always talks him up when he can.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Can't see the team spending a 1st or 2nd on a RT. Free has another year on his deal and they have stuck with him through struggles in the past, and Green has 2 years left on his rookie deal and they seem to like him alot too.

Unless there is just some can't miss guy who dropped 20 spots for whatever reason the earliest I could see us going RT is the 3rd or 4th, which is probably the smart move. Chad Wheeler or Connor McDermott would be solid picks in the 3rd or 4th.

dallen

Senior Tech
I'd rather resign Leary and move Collins back to RT or give Green a shot than spend another high pick on the oline. I'm glad we've invested what we have, but it is time to give the DL\LB the same attention

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'd rather resign Leary and move Collins back to RT or give Green a shot than spend another high pick on the oline. I'm glad we've invested what we have, but it is time to give the DL\LB the same attention
This is how I feel about it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We need to give up the concept of Collins at RT. Clearly the team has no faith he can function outside. Can't say I necessarily disagree. He has issues handling stunts sometimes and might not have the feet for tackle duty.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't think we are going to be able to afford either of them. Leary will probably get a good offer this year and Collins the next based off of talent and our OLine reputation. Not saying you have to spend a high pick but we better be prepared.

Rev

Staff member
I like Green too but so does whatever ailment you can think of.

dallen

Senior Tech
We need to give up the concept of Collins at RT. Clearly the team has no faith he can function outside. Can't say I necessarily disagree. He has issues handling stunts sometimes and might not have the feet for tackle duty.
That is probably the case. I'm just thinking we got by fine with Free at RT this year. How much can we really improve there? It would great to have All Pros at every spot, but I'll accept a JAG there if it means we can improve the defense and resign Martin and Collins. Of course, if someone falls into our laps like Collins did I'll do a cartwheel.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think we are going to be able to afford either of them. Leary will probably get a good offer this year and Collins the next based off of talent and our OLine reputation. Not saying you have to spend a high pick but we better be prepared.
Collins would be a restricted free agent after next season. So he will be here awhile still.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
IMO, Jaylon Smith and Chaz Green are going to get shots at starting someday before we look to fill spots early. I think DL is a given for our picks.
I'd like to use 3 of our first 4 picks on defense with the other being a WR. Of course if at any time an OT is BPA then I'd grab him.

Rev

Staff member
Collins would be a restricted free agent after next season. So he will be here awhile still.
So 2 years if some team doesn't get a wild hair and offers something crazy.

D

Deuce

I'd like to use 3 of our first 4 picks on defense with the other being a WR. Of course if at any time an OT is BPA then I'd grab him.
My top pet cat might be Rodney Adams. He might come from a cesspool in Tampa, but he's a true game breaker with good hands. For some reason, he isn't getting high round buzz. I'd love to grab a few defenders and then him in the middle.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
NFL Draft Scout updated mocks:

Rang: John Ross III WR Washington

Brugler: Carl Lawson DE Auburn

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
28: R1p28
edge taco charlton
michigan

60: R2p28
dl jarron jones
notre dame

92: R3p28
wr cooper kupp
e washington

132: R4p27
te jake butt
michigan

212: R6p27
s obi melifonwu
connecticut

231: R7p10
cb corn elder
miami (fl)

249: R7p28
lb nick deluca
north dakota state

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
28: R1p28
edge taco charlton
michigan

60: R2p28
dl jarron jones
notre dame

92: R3p28
wr cooper kupp
e washington

132: R4p27
te jake butt
michigan

212: R6p27
s obi melifonwu
connecticut

231: R7p10
cb corn elder
miami (fl)

249: R7p28
lb nick deluca
north dakota state
Props

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
NFL Draft Scout updated mocks:

Rang: John Ross III WR Washington

Brugler: Carl Lawson DE Auburn
Ross is tempting because of his speed, but I question if we would even use him even if he were available.

That is what worries me about practically any WR we would look at.

We all know we need speed. Would there ever be plays to maximize it.

Just like the D, there are issues with schematic design on offense as well and how it limits what we look at.

Top Bottom