User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Garrett be taking the bye weekend off and traveling to a World Series game?

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    Flying to catch the game takes up most of a whole day. It’s unfair but it looks like Garrett isn’t concerned about getting the Cowboys ready for their next game.

Behind the scenes he’d normally be using the bye to get ready for the short week vs. Washington, but since they literally just did that it freed up some time.

Sounds like a coach with job security.
    smells like Cabo San Lucas to me.
    Gaining on .500

If I thought he was capable of fixing what's wrong with the offense with the extra time it would bug me but I doubt he would change much anyway. Maybe he figured he would still have the usual week to "prepare".

If he ends up laying another egg against the Titans which I kind of expect, he might catch some heat from the media about it but you're not talking about a quality head coach, let alone one with his job on the line. Part of me thinks he doesn't really GAS though and that does have something to do with him being comfortable that he won't get fired.

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    smells like Cabo San Lucas to me.
    Just leaves a bad taste in people's mouths when guys like Dak are staying put for the 2 weeks to try and improve and build chemistry with Cooper. Yet Garrett is off having a mini vacation.

This guy is literally the worst, right after the moron owner who enables him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Just leaves a bad taste in people's mouths when guys like Dak are staying put for the 2 weeks to try and improve and build chemistry with Cooper. Yet Garrett is off having a mini vacation.
    The one whose job is supposed to be on the line .

In his 30 for 30 even Romo mentioned that his trip to Cabo wasnt the best idea.
    #Fire Garrett

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    The one whose job is supposed to be on the line .
    To me Garrett clearly does not feel as though his job is on the line. Or he doesn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    To me Garrett clearly does not feel as though his job is on the line. Or he doesn't care.
    Fiddling while Rome burns.

I don't care that he's not grinding away every second in his office. Care more that he's a lousy coach and grinning politician.

But this does give off the air of him having zero concerns about his job security. But why would he? He's a made Jones man. He probably has about much chance of getting fired as Jerry Jr does from marketing.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

How does Garrett hold any power with the players? Certainly they are frustrated with him too.