Will Tony Romo even be active Sunday?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Am I the only one who sees Romo playing as a ratings ploy?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You can like him all you want, but to follow him to another team like a groupie?
Agreed. It's ridiculous to change teams, or even add a team because of one player. Or, really even to change teams. My brother stopped being a Cowboys fan when they brought on TO. I have ridiculed him for years for that. It's stupid. You either are a fan of the team or you are not. Players will come and go. Coaches will come and go. In most organizations, GMs will come and go. You root for the laundry, period.

Cotton

Staff member
Of course it is. But, I still don't believe he plays more than a series or two at most. But, all is needed is one little leak that Romo is playing is all that is needed to get people to watch the game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Agreed. It's ridiculous to change teams, or even add a team because of one player. Or, really even to change teams. My brother stopped being a Cowboys fan when they brought on TO. I have ridiculed him for years for that. It's stupid. You either are a fan of the team or you are not. Players will come and go. Coaches will come and go. In most organizations, GMs will come and go. You root for the laundry, period.
Did he...divorce because of T.O.?

p1_

DCC 4Life
But, all is needed is one little leak that Romo is playing is all that is needed to get people to watch the game.
As if there is a need to boost ratings. 13-2 just isn't enough.

p1_

DCC 4Life
What if he gets plowed and breaks his clavicle or back again? I see Eagles coming hard after him, sitting duck that he is.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

My brother in law stopped rooting for the eagles while Michael Vick was there. It's definitely dumb.

Cotton

Staff member
My brother in law stopped rooting for the eagles while Michael Vick was there. It's definitely dumb.
I know it's cliched but you have to wonder if those people were ever truly fans to begin with.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I don't see it that way. Most Cowboys and Eagles fans will watch the game regardless.

Hell, I happily watched Stephen McGee finish up the 2010 season.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I never understood the Steelers fans who were taking a similar stance regarding Vick.

When news first broke of the Steelers being interested in Vick, a ton of Steelers fans were ready to jump ship. But they had no problem at all rooting for the 2-time rapist/sexual predator Roethlisberger.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It's clear that the coaching staff fears the team will get confused with Romo behind center.

His playing is an abstract idea until it actually happens. Then the players' react emotionally live in the middle of a playoff run. Only the handful who never played with him might not care.

Everyone else will have some kind of reaction. It might be closure, but the fear is that there may also be a pang of longing to reunite.

That could in theory undermine Dak.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
It's clear that the coaching staff fears the team will get confused with Romo behind center.

His playing is an abstract idea until it actually happens. Then the players' react emotionally live in the middle of a playoff run. Only the handful who never played with him might not care.

Everyone else will have some kind of reaction. It might be closure, but the fear is that there may also be a pang of longing to reunite.

:lol

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

That's a stretch Ravi. It's not like Romo has been away on vacation in the Azores. He is there everyday and involved. Stranger?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

p1_

DCC 4Life
So we finally got this albatross out the way. I must say, Tony Tones was crisp and on point with plenty of time and no Iggle so much as getting a whiff of his jersey. The passes were pretty and he was decisive, and who knows how much better it would be if Zeke had played. He looks ready for action, only I don't recall any blitzes yesterday. Not sure what happens when goes to spin out of someone's grasp and/or take a good shot to either the back or the shoulder. The gun looked pretty darn good.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So we finally got this albatross out the way. I must say, Tony Tones was crisp and on point with plenty of time and no Iggle so much as getting a whiff of his jersey. The passes were pretty and he was decisive, and who knows how much better it would be if Zeke had played. He looks ready for action, only I don't recall any blitzes yesterday. Not sure what happens when goes to spin out of someone's grasp and/or take a good shot to either the back or the shoulder. The gun looked pretty darn good.
Just accept what you saw. Romo is a consummate smooth pro.

Top Bottom