User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Watkins: The Cowboys’ trade for Amari Cooper signals a sense of desperation

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFuk View Post
    This has the usual clusterfuck written all over it.

Bring in a brand new WR who has to learn the offense.

You are pairing him with a QB that has trouble building chemistry with ANY receiver.

Guy has had multiple concussions and just took a ridiculous shot to the head against Seattle, so there's that to worry about as well.
    Exploding brain!!!
    #Fire Garrett

Mark my words. This won’t end well.

El Other Presidente' UncleMilti's Avatar
    I think the trade was a bad one, but I don't buy this BS about not learning the offense.

Anyone who has played the game at a high level (a big time H.S or college program) knows that as a WR, there is a limited playbook and route tree that truly needs to be memorized in order to function in the offense.

OF course, theres timing issues and "chemistry" but if Dak and Cooper can connect a few times on some big plays, DC will have to respect the fact Cooper is on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMilti View Post
    I think the trade was a bad one, but I don't buy this BS about not learning the offense.

Anyone who has played the game at a high level (a big time H.S or college program) knows that as a WR, there is a limited playbook and route tree that truly needs to be memorized in order to function in the offense.

OF course, theres timing issues and "chemistry" but if Dak and Cooper can connect a few times on some big plays, DC will have to respect the fact Cooper is on the field.
    Garrett even said as much so:

Garrett said the Cowboys' offense is "user-friendly" in that it is not that difficult to learn quickly. Most teams run the same plays but they are called something different.

Chemistry with Dak is the only thing that may take some time. But it's not like running 5 or 6 WRs out there before helped him build any chemistry.

Todd Downing and Greg Olson have both been with Linehan. The learning curve should be less steep for Cooper.
    Gaining on .500

Gaining on .500

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    I'm made about the first round pick. That's what I'm mad about and I imagine most fans are mad about.

This trade pretty much ends any hope that I had of Stephen Jones being any different than his father.

From what I've read, it seems that there were multiple people within the organization that were on board with this, but most importantly, Stephen Jones and Jason Garrett absolutely were.

I've also lost the hope of seeing Jason Garrett get fired but even if he did, what does it say about the direction our team is going to go in under Stephen if he looks at this team in its current state and truly believes that the solution to the problem is adding a wide receiver?

Nevermind the piece of shit head coach that was largely responsible for losing two games in three weeks.

Nevermind the quarterback who is struggling with basic throws and reads that an NFL level quarterback should be able to make.

No, the only thing holding this powerhouse back from going to the playoffs and making a deep run is a wide receiver who hasn't had a 1,000 yatf season in 2 years.

Unless he makes a deal with the Devil, the tenure under Stephen Jones will be just as fruitless as it has been with his father.

We're screwed.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

What bothers me most is watching the top players go to other teams in the 19' draft, while we wait until midway through the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik View Post
    Mark my words. This won’t end well.
    I now feel better about the trade.