Archer: Cole Beasley out to prove size doesn't matter as No. 1 receiver

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Cole will take you guys to task on Twitter if you aren't careful.

p1_

DCC 4Life
They said that Beasley's numbers were down last year because he was being double teamed. Dez apparently didn't require doubling any longer, so the opposition could single cover Dez and double Cole.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I can't be the only one who remembers they were supposed to start running him deep out of the slot a couple of years ago (last year?) and it never happened.

Probably because he's not a deep threat. All you have to do is trail him and there's no chance unless the pass is absolutely perfect.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't be the only one who remembers they were supposed to start running him deep out of the slot a couple of years ago (last year?) and it never happened.

Probably because he's not a deep threat. All you have to do is trail him and there's no chance unless the pass is absolutely perfect.
Yeah it's so hard when a guy is only 5'8". The trajectory has to be really high to clear the defender but not the receiver. Well unless there is lots of separation but that's not happening. Maybe deep slants and crossing routes though.

p1_

DCC 4Life
duly noted for the file.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I will Periscope myself eating a bag of dicks.
I have no idea what this means.

But it sounds bad.

I will be praying daily for Beasley to develop into a deep threat to see this come to fruition.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If he becomes a deep threat like Garrett suggests, I will Periscope myself eating a bag of dicks.
:lol

You are definitely safe on that one.

Averaged 8.7 yards per catch last year, and about 10 for his career.

Suddenly a deep threat.

Seems legit.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm suddenly a huge fan of this new Beasley plan.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
duly noted for the file.
Someone else needs to collect the bag o' dicks.

I have no idea how that would happen and that would be their problem.

If Beasley can be a deep threat, then I am like Kobayashi eating them dicks like hot dogs.

p1_

DCC 4Life
we're all cheering you and Beasley on to victory.

BAG O' DICKS!

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Someone else needs to collect the bag o' dicks.

I have no idea how that would happen and that would be their problem.

If Beasley can be a deep threat, then I am like Kobayashi eating them dicks like hot dogs.
I imagine it starts with you receiving a bunch of packages shaped like this

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I want to know what will be the line for this to happen? Does Beasley need to avg a certain number of yards? By which week is the yardage avg official to make this happen? Does he have to catch a certain number of long TDs? How long do they need to be? Anything else?

I need to know these things.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I want to know what will be the line for this to happen? Does Beasley need to avg a certain number of yards? By which week is the yardage avg official to make this happen? Does he have to catch a certain number of long TDs? How long do they need to be? Anything else?

Damn. I had no idea that me potentially eating a bag of dicks would arouse you in this manner, No Dick.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Beasley is a slot receiver, he'll never be a WR1 unless there's a midget football league. The idea is laughable at best.

The days of the Fun Bunch/Smurfs and M&M boys are long gone.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I saw Beasley in college and at times he was a deep threat although that wasnt his primary routes. He usually became a deep threat when a defense schemed heavy pass rush. He would slip past the linebackers and be in place for about a 20 yard throw and sometimes slip past the safety. It didn’t happen often but it sold me on thinking he could play with the pros. I recall he was labeled by a certain poster as shrimp Beasley. For the record Beasley will never become a permanent #1 WR.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

One catch over 20 yards should have Booze's mouth full of schlong.

Top Bottom