User Tag List

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry pulls trigger for Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by GShock View Post
    But my God, the generational defensive line talent we won't even sniff.
    Yea, I hope we win 8 now just so I'm not pissed thinking about how we missed on Oliver, etc.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Joey Galloway is now trending on Twitter.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

This just shows how poorly this staff addressed the WR position last offseason.
    Gaining on .500

Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post
    You guys... once you start hating this team, things like this become funny to you. You don't have to feel this angst.

I think this is a great trade!
    Yup. Right on.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

5. The following user likes this post:

All this talk about tanking for 2020. Really???
    We have a talented defense and just enough offense to be picking 15 or thereabouts.
    No chance we ever get close to top five! Mediocrity!!

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    In an effort not to be completely deflating, can I get an upside take here?

This is a player who a year ago, at this time, I would have been doing cartwheels if we had obtained, even if I found the price excessive.

Deep speed and ability that Bryant hadn't had in years, if ever. But also the size and physicality to win over the middle, on fades, on the short possession stuff too.

More talented than Dez was. Can he put it together?

Other than the quick pessimistic answer of "no" because it never works out here, this player seemingly has all the tools to be drool worthy.

Like, frankly, player for player, I'd rather this guy than Sammy Watkins for sure.
    What happens when you put him in Jason Garrett's neanderthal-era scheme? Ghosts of Ernie Zampese, drawings on the walls of caves.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    I dunno if the phrase "you'd hope..." is applicable here, but you'd hope that the Pro Scouts looked at this guy and said, "He'll be a sure fire #1 here and a big upgrade over what we had in Dez, we can't afford to pass on this guy if he's available."

You'd still prefer a savvy enough GM to win a trade once in a while, but the hope is that the scouts are saying, and that they end up right, that he's a stud.
    Yeah my hope is the scouts evaluated his tape against this up coming rookie class and decided a 24 year old Cooper was far more talented than any of them. Our history for trading for WR's is so poor though.

9. The following user likes this post:

I don't really like the 2019 WR class either but the reports that we intended to go WR high in the draft, and most likely in the 1st, are disconcerting at best.

Coming to those types of conclusions 6 months out from the draft are even more idiotic than this trade.

11. The following user likes this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    I don't really like the 2019 WR class either but the reports that we intended to go WR high in the draft, and most likely in the 1st, are disconcerting at best.

Coming to those types of conclusions 6 months out from the draft are even more idiotic than this trade.
    Well yeah, they really are. You should never lock into a position in the first round especially not 6 months in advance.

Gaining on .500