Must See Movies

dallen

Senior Tech
Finally saw Rogue One last night. Really liked it.

It finally answered a 39 year old question. Why did the biggest, baddest weapon ever built have such a fatal flaw? One where a single fighter with a well placed shot could set off a chain reaction that would bring the whole thing down. Well, now we know. It was done on purpose. And makes a lot more sense that a disgruntled engineer that was designing the D.S. and a defecting Imperial pilot were the reason why the Rebels knew the weakness. Not just that they "found a weakness" as we were originally told.

Also, that scene where Vader steps out of the darkness and goes apeshit on a hallway full of rebels brought out the 10 year old kid that loved Star Wars in me again. Pure awesomeness by the greatest movie villain of all time.

One thing that bugs me though... In the original Star Wars, when the Death Star fired on Alderaan, the entire planet exploded immediately. In this movie, when it hit it only causes a massive explosion that generates outward. I realize it made for more excitement with the escape in the first one, and more drama with the impending doom for the heroes in the second, but I didn't like that difference.
In the film they said they weren't firing at full power.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Finally saw Rogue One last night. Really liked it.

It finally answered a 39 year old question. Why did the biggest, baddest weapon ever built have such a fatal flaw? One where a single fighter with a well placed shot could set off a chain reaction that would bring the whole thing down. Well, now we know. It was done on purpose. And makes a lot more sense that a disgruntled engineer that was designing the D.S. and a defecting Imperial pilot were the reason why the Rebels knew the weakness. Not just that they "found a weakness" as we were originally told.

Also, that scene where Vader steps out of the darkness and goes apeshit on a hallway full of rebels brought out the 10 year old kid that loved Star Wars in me again. Pure awesomeness by the greatest movie villain of all time.

One thing that bugs me though... In the original Star Wars, when the Death Star fired on Alderaan, the entire planet exploded immediately. In this movie, when it hit it only causes a massive explosion that generates outward. I realize it made for more excitement with the escape in the first one, and more drama with the impending doom for the heroes in the second, but I didn't like that difference.
I think that's pretty much how I feel about the movie. It was well done. Seemed a little slow in the beginning, but I think that was necessary to build the story properly. As far as the Death Star, I believe in the movie they talked about how they still could improve the laser the more kyber crystals they could gather/steal. I could be wrong about that, but it's something I thought I remembered being talked about on the bridge of the Death Star before it fired the first time in the movie.

Cotton

Staff member
In the film they said they weren't firing at full power.
Yeah, I thought it was something like that. Couldn't remember the exact dialogue.

D

Deuce

Yeah, I thought it was something like that. Couldn't remember the exact dialogue.
Krennick offered to blow up Jedha and Tarkin responded with something like "That's not necessary. I need a demonstration, not a manifesto."

Cotton

Staff member
Krennick offered to blow up Jedha and Tarkin responded with something like "That's not necessary. I need a demonstration, not a manifesto."
Yep, that's what it was.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why Him? was not bad.

Cranston and Franco had great chemistry and it had some good laughs.

Not a big fan of watching comedies in the theaters, but this was worth the money.

And BTW, fuck you 1big. You hate my reviews.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Why Him? was not bad.

Cranston and Franco had great chemistry and it had some good laughs.

Not a big fan of watching comedies in the theaters, but this was worth the money.

And BTW, fuck you 1big. You hate my reviews.
:lol

I actually plan on watching this one. It looks promising.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Saw Rogue One yesterday. I liked it, but not as much as Force Awakens.

The characters didn't grab me in this one like they did in TFA. I think probably because the story was a little too diffuse. It could've been a bit more focused.

That said, I liked Tarkin a lot, and Vader was incredible at the end. Holy shit. :lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

The characters didn't grab me in this one like they did in TFA. I think probably because the story was a little too diffuse. It could've been a bit more focused.

That said, I liked Tarkin a lot, and Vader was incredible at the end. Holy shit. :lol
Like I said after I watched it:
So Darth Vader just kicks ass, force blasts and chokes a bunch of guys on the Rebel ship and then when Episode IV starts, he suddenly just resorts to physically choking a rebel guy. Must have taken a lot out of him.
Just was funny.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Like I said after I watched it:
So Darth Vader just kicks ass, force blasts and chokes a bunch of guys on the Rebel ship and then when Episode IV starts, he suddenly just resorts to physically choking a rebel guy. Must have taken a lot out of him.
Just was funny.
True. :lol And it's supposed to be like one day later. I can forgive it though because it was just cool watching him wipe the floor with everybody. And you could really feel how afraid they were of him. It's the Darth Vader I always wanted. I wish there was one or two more scenes with him.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

That was pretty much how I felt coming out of it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Whoa.

That Cars trailer they just showed made me all fired up to see it.

All dramatic and shit.

D

Deuce

Whoa.

That Cars trailer they just showed made me all fired up to see it.

All dramatic and shit.
I won't be seeing it out of protest. Hollywood needs to stop trying to make Armie Hammer happen. Nobody likes him, get him out of my movies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I won't be seeing it out of protest. Hollywood needs to stop trying to make Armie Hammer happen. Nobody likes him, get him out of my movies.
I have no idea who he is, so apparently they haven't tried hard enough.

Top Bottom