Will Tony Romo even be active Sunday?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Another thing that bothers me is these jackasses are just assuming that Romo will be able to roll out of bed if needed and save the day. After such a long layoff, I seriously doubt it.

We saw what he looked like last year after the long layoff. 2 INTs vs the Dolphins and 3 more vs the Panthers.

So why oh why would one just assume that Romo will be able to just step into the lineup cold and look like he did in 2014.

It's asinine mismanagement of the roster, IMO.
Because he was good two years ago and stuff.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Does anyone know if Romo is still stealing a portion of the 1st team practice reps from Dak?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Exactly.

We have a chance to win a Super Bowl this year. Every roster/personnel decision should be made with mindset of what's best for the team NOW and for the playoffs. To hell with protecting Romo's ego and trade value. If he's a true team player and wants what's best for the team (which he says he does), he'd have no problem playing on Sunday.
He needs to play Sunday to get the rust off. There is not a better opportunity than The upcoming game since it will have no consequence to the playoff position and may be the only chance to see action for prepardness purposes. I think Garrett is afraid of the Dak fan base and their backlash. That should be the least consideration. The team needs Romo to be ready in the event Dak gets injured. That has been my credo for some time now and the window for this to be done is about closed. If the organization cannot see what is at stake then they will deserve to lose their golden opportunity. It ain't a hard thang to figger. As they say..

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
No way do I play Romo now. You are on the cusp of being able to get a decent haul for him in a trade. If he gets hurt, that goes out the window. Now, I can understand the argument that he would fetch more if he played and played well.
They plan for him to be the back up in the playoffs. There is no way he should go into the playoffs as the primary backup without having taken live snaps when he has the chance. If he has to come in during a playoff game without prior action we are doomed. It is monumentally stupid given his history of games coming back after injury to not let him play some.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
They plan for him to be the back up in the playoffs. There is no way he should go into the playoffs as the primary backup without having taken live snaps when he has the chance. If he has to come in during a playoff game without prior action we are doomed. It is monumentally stupid given his history of games coming back after injury to not let him play some.
Yep. That's my argument as well. What is more important to the organization. I will say the prospect of winning a SB. Therefore you prepare for the contingencies to protect it to the fullest extent. That's the Boy Scout coming out in me I guess not to mention 50 years of management indoctrination.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You think a half of play shakes 2 years of rust off?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I think the organization owes some respect to Romo to at least ask him if he wants to take the field against Philadelphia. The man has claimed every record in Dallas a QB can have and you don't just treat these kind of players like a doormat.
He'd take any chance to get on the field as a Cowboy just one more time.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You think a half of play shakes 2 years of rust off?
I wouldn't have thought no experience would be enough for a QB to wrest the job from a top performing veteran, yet here we are.

Romo's practiced for weeks now. He'll be ready to go if Dallas needs him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I just fail to see the logic in not wanting your backup to get some playing time as a preparedness measure. This isn't a coupe to unseat Dak because that isn't going to happen. It's a simple logical approach to have a back up have some polish just in case. It's almost a paranoia atmosphere by some to allow Romo on the field. Color me puzzled.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I just fail to see the logic in not wanting your backup to get some playing time as a preparedness measure. This isn't a coupe to unseat Dak because that isn't going to happen. It's a simple logical approach to have a back up have some polish just in case. It's almost a paranoia atmosphere by some to allow Romo on the field. Color me puzzled.
I guess you will have to wait and see.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I agree. People say that Romo comes back cold from a layoff, then say they don't want him to get any time in a meaningless game? Makes no sense to me, either.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I agree. People say that Romo comes back cold from a layoff, then say they don't want him to get any time in a meaningless game? Makes no sense to me, either.
It isn't a conventional thought process.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Don't you have another Dak ode to prepare?

Ode to a Small Lump of Green Putty I Found in my Armpit One Midsummer Morning

Putty. Putty. Putty.
Green Putty – Grutty Peen.
Grarmpitutty – Morning!
Pridsummer – Grorning Utty!
Discovery….. Oh.
Putty?….. Armpit?
Armpit….. Putty.
Not even a particularly
Nice shade of green.
As I lick my armpit and shall agree,
That this putty is very well green.