2016 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It's difficult because part of says no matter what you never hit a girl. But the lawyer side of me watches that and see's that she struck him in the face first. If it was two guys there would be no problem at all. No one should hit another person in the face and not expect that they won't turn around and do the same.
Well, he shouldn't have done it for sure. He should have been punished and it appears he was. I'm with you, part of me wants to say screw him and all of that.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Matt Ruhle says he is going to come into Baylor and reduce the offensive possessions, slow down the offense and play stiff defense. Umm, okay buddy, night-night.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I'm still trying to understand why people continue to claim that Brad Kaaya is a legit NFL prospect. The guy is fucking trash.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Did he serve as the suspension or was he redshirted? That's what I read the other day. While it could be viewed as such, stoops obviously had it in his mind that he was still going to reap all the possible benefits from the player.
He actually received a suspension and lost a year of eligibility but of course the know-it-alls in the national media are claiming that he was only red-shirted.

I also despise the idiots who are saying that he should be kicked off the team effective immediately. Why? Because you just saw the tape 2 years later? Stoops, the OU admin, etc. had the video and watched it way back in 2014 when they issued their punishment. So it's not like the Ray Rice incident where the video was new evidence.

The media got to watch the video over a year ago as well. The events of that night have been thoroughly detailed since 2014. But now that the general public has seen the video, now they are clamoring for additional punishment.

Fuck that. The NCAA and college coaches would be fools if they decided to start re-punishing players based on the climate of the public. Especially something that's 2 years old.

Also, I don't feel this way just because Joe Mixon is a good player for OU. I could care less. It's the University of Oklahoma. Every 2 or 3 years we have a top notch RBs roll through there who can put up numbers similar to Mixon's. So I'd have been fine with their decision if they decided to completely kick him off the team in 2014. I just don't believe it would be fair to go back and tack on additional punishment all because the general public saw the video.

As an aside, another aspect of this case that's pissed me off is no chargers were ever brought up against the female who started the whole thing. As the video clearly shows she initiates the physical contact with a push and a slap. I'm no attorney but I believe that would fall under the category of assault.

Therefore as I've said since day 1, punish them both. You want to kick Mixon completely off the team......I'd have been fine with that but both of them absolutely should have been punished. Joe Mixon shouldn't be the only one drug through the court system. Slap her with some simple assault charges or something. Don't let her skate free as if she played no role in the incident. And oh by the way....at the time of the incident she was drunk and high, had a criminal record (about 4 or 5 alcohol related and drug possession and distribution charges), and had a bench warrant issued for her arrest. Mixon on the other hand had the clean record. But if you listen to the media you'd think Mixon was the thug with priors and that he was just some trouble-making, loose cannon who doesn't deserve a second chance.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm still trying to understand why people continue to claim that Brad Kaaya is a legit NFL prospect. The guy is fucking trash.
Agreed. I can't believe he was ever considered a top 10 talent.

He's this year's Christian Hackenberg. Some dumb team will draft him in the 2nd round thinking they can fix him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Agreed. I can't believe he was ever considered a top 10 talent.

He's this year's Christian Hackenberg. Some dumb team will draft him in the 2nd round thinking they can fix him.
Count me in as a hater as well. I don't see the talent. Hackenberg had an arm. This guy?

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Kaaya might suck, he might not.....see Dak, but I'm just happy he's fucking wvu in the ass with no lube.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I just finished watching the replay of the Kansas State/Texas A&M game. It was a pretty good game.

Josh Reynolds was great as usual. I wonder if he's considered a 2nd to 4th round draft pick.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Holy crap, the Razorbacks might just blow this game they had well in hand.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I just finished watching the replay of the Kansas State/Texas A&M game. It was a pretty good game.

Josh Reynolds was great as usual. I wonder if he's considered a 2nd to 4th round draft pick.
He had a huge game. If he works out well, he's definitely in that range. This is not exactly a WR class for the ages.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Holy crap, the Razorbacks might just blow this game they had well in hand.
[MENTION=2]dallen[/MENTION]

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Pretty embarrassing for Arkansas. And honestly, there are no excuses. VT is not that talented.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Now I am getting annoyed that this is causing me to miss part of the Alamo Bowl.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I' surprised Oklahoma State is handling Colorado like this. I thought The Buffs would be able to move the ball and score on them.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Disappointed in Colorado's D.
They're usually very opportunistic. They've done a great job creating turnovers this year.

That's how they managed to win some of their marquee games this year.

1bigfan13

Staff member
That long pass reception down the sideline is why I'd take Cook over Fournette.

That was shades of Marshall Faulk.

1bigfan13

Staff member
92 yards! Wow!

2nd big mistake by the Michigan secondary.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Michigan needs to open up the playbook or they are going to get embarrassed tonight.

Also the Michigan OL needs to step up. They are being dominated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom