Week 16 Monday Night Football Chatter | Lions vs. Cowboys | 12/26/2016

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:lol

Are you 16 years old still?
I thought he was going to break out the "I'm rubber. You're glue" bit earlier.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Packers and Skins will be in, can't see either the Giants or Skins winning in Green Bay or in Seattle so we'll likely be playing Green Bay.

Won't be easy against Rodgers of course but it's still a team that is mostly one-dimensional on offense and mediocre on defense. It's the playoffs, two games away from the Super Bowl, you can't expect to play shit teams at that point.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
At home, we like to show that the battle station is fully operational.
Only in this game did we consistently take shots by design for big plays of 25+. Been talkin about the need to do this for weeks.

25 to Bryant for TD, 31 yard drawn PI sets up TD, 30 yards to Williams flips field position for another TD drive.

If you don't try it won't happen.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Packers and Skins will be in, can't see either the Giants or Skins winning in Green Bay or in Seattle so we'll likely be playing Green Bay.

Won't be easy against Rodgers of course but it's still a team that is mostly one-dimensional on offense and mediocre on defense. It's the playoffs, two games away from the Super Bowl, you can't expect to play shit teams at that point.
I want to beat the Packers and shut up all this Rodgers talk. I want to then beat the fucking Giants followed by a convincing win over New England or Pittsburgh.

The Falcons look like a bad matchup for our defense, but I still think we'd take them down.

If we keep trying deep shots, nothing can stop our offense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I thought he was going to break out the "I'm rubber. You're glue" bit earlier.
You could almost say he was being monumentally stupid.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Falcons?

If Romo gets all of the playoff blame and criticism about not being able to win in the playoffs then you have to do the same for Ryan.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Only in this game did we consistently take shots by design for big plays of 25+. Been talkin about the need to do this for weeks.

25 to Bryant for TD, 31 yard drawn PI sets up TD, 30 yards to Williams flips field position for another TD drive.

If you don't try it won't happen.
What you keep ignoring is this isn't the first game we have gone deep.

townsend

Banned

Packers at home in the divisional round is a revenge fantasy we can all buy into. I hope to God Claiborne is back for the playoffs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Packers at home in the divisional round is a revenge fantasy we can all buy into. I hope to God Claiborne is back for the playoffs.
Yeah, you usually see at least one wild card team win. But when you're talking about a wild card team traveling to Seattle or Green Bay and winning it becomes a whole different ballgame. Those are two massively difficult places to play at and win this time of year. It's why I am thrilled to have home field advantage. We no longer play like shit at home now that we have Dak and frankly our fans seem to be loud and into games suddenly this season.

On a totally unrelated note, what do you think of our sack production? I think before the season you were the one telling me that you seriously doubted the Cowboys could get to 30-35 sacks on the season which was what I predicted. Dallas is now at 34 and ranked 12th in the NFL. They have one more game to prove me wrong on that as well.

data

Forbes #1
This game turned surprisingly fun to watch. No pressure or stress in the second half and our defense decided to come to play. It's actually pretty enjoyable.
Re-quoted for emphasis. Why can't this happen more often? You know, having fun during a Cowboys game. Tina Fey dominated the conversation in the 4th qtr.

So much angst, hand-wringing, blood pressure boiling......

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

Only way the Skins get in is by beating NY and I don't see that happening.

townsend

Banned
Yeah, you usually see at least one wild card team win. But when you're talking about a wild card team traveling to Seattle or Green Bay and winning it becomes a whole different ballgame. Those are two massively difficult places to play at and win this time of year. It's why I am thrilled to have home field advantage. We no longer play like shit at home now that we have Dak and frankly our fans seem to be loud and into games suddenly this season.

On a totally unrelated note, what do you think of our sack production? I think before the season you were the one telling me that you seriously doubted the Cowboys could get to 30-35 sacks on the season which was what I predicted. Dallas is now at 34 and ranked 12th in the NFL. They have one more game to prove me wrong on that as well.
I'm fucking stunned at what this defense has done in the last 3 weeks. It's like a different team. 10 of their sacks have come in the last 3 games. Just a few weeks removed from our pass rush looking completely impotent against Washington and Minnesota, and our defense not looking like it could buy a turnover, now we've humiliated two good offenses in back to back weeks. David Irving is starting to look like the guy we've been wishing for for years.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Giants have nothing to play for. Depends on how they coach it.
Yeah as a wild card team I can understand taking the final week of the season off. Basically like a bye week for them to get healthy. Unlike Dallas who already has a bye week because of their seed, the Giants don't get that luxury. There is actually some reason for the Giants to rest their people in week 17.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm fucking stunned at what this defense has done in the last 3 weeks. It's like a different team. 10 of their sacks have come in the last 3 games. Just a few weeks removed from our pass rush looking completely impotent against Washington and Minnesota, and our defense not looking like it could buy a turnover, now we've humiliated two good offenses in back to back weeks. David Irving is starting to look like the guy we've been wishing for for years.
Three guys have really caused us to turn the corner in terms of pass rush. Mayowa with 6 sacks on the season (25 years old), Maliek Collins with 5 sacks on the season (21 years old) and David Irving with 4 sacks on the season (23 years old). Those three guys have changed everything in the last few games. Irving has been the best but Collins has been shredding centers and Mayowa has done an excellent job making plays from the RE spot.

By the way, when is Collins going to get some rookie love? Is there another rookie DT in the NFL with more sacks? I guess Buckner has 6 as a 3-4 DL.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Only way the Skins get in is by beating NY and I don't see that happening.
If the Giants play to win, sure, if they rest their players and dick around, probably not.

It's hard to imagine the Giants just straight up resting all their stars after that shit show in Philly and going into the playoffs on that note, but we'll see.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Three guys have really caused us to turn the corner in terms of pass rush. Mayowa with 6 sacks on the season (25 years old), Maliek Collins with 5 sacks on the season (21 years old) and David Irving with 4 sacks on the season (23 years old). Those three guys have changed everything in the last few games. Irving has been the best but Collins has been shredding centers and Mayowa has done an excellent job making plays from the RE spot.

By the way, when is Collins going to get some rookie love? Is there another rookie DT in the NFL with more sacks? I guess Buckner has 6 as a 3-4 DL.
Alot of people have given Collins credit, it just gets lost in the fact that we have two rookies who are legitimate MVP candidates.

5 sacks from a rookie DT is stunning, he looks like a foundation piece on the DL for sure.

And to think, ravid suggested basically shutting him down for the year when he broke his foot in like June.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
What you keep ignoring is this isn't the first game we have gone deep.
We intentionally made it a part of the game plan on three drives for the first time and it paid off huge.

In Pittsburgh Zeke scampered for 83, but that wasn't game-planned. We had one deep shot to Dez, and it worked.

One missed deep shot to Williams vs Washington and another 26 yarder to Dez.

One deep shot in Minny, one picked vs NY, and no deep shots vs Tampa-- on 36 attempts!

In this game we tried 3 for 25+ on top of at least two others for 21+. We keep doing this and we will fuck teams up.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And to think, ravid suggested basically shutting him down for the year when he broke his foot in like June.
What can I say. I was in a bad place based on this teams history with injuries, especially after how Dez struggled with his foot and how it took Julio Jones a full season off to recover from similar injuries.

Top Bottom