Packers Stuff...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cowboys list seven players as questionable
Posted by Josh Alper on January 13, 2017, 4:59 PM EST

The Cowboys haven’t played a game in nearly two weeks, which gave their injured players a nice stretch of time to heal up ahead of the divisional round of the playoffs.

Every player on the active roster took part in their practices this week and there’s been no sign from anyone with the team that there’s going to be anyone scratched from the lineup because of an injury against the Packers. The team stopped short of officially ruling everybody into the lineup, however.

The Cowboys listed seven players as questionable for Sunday’s game. Six of the seven are on the defensive side of the ball with left tackle Tyron Smith (knee) the only representative of the offense.

Cornerback Morris Claiborne is expected to play for the first time since injuring his groin in Week Eight. Defensive tackle Tyrone Crawford (shoulder), linebacker Justin Durant (elbow), defensive end Demarcus Lawrence (back), defensive tackle Terrell McClain (ankle) and defensive tackle Cedric Thornton (ankle) round out the group of players listed as questionable for the team’s playoff opener.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Feeling good, DeMarcus Lawrence ready to dance

3:43 PM ET

Todd Archer
ESPN Staff Writer

FRISCO, Texas -- If you were wondering about the state of defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence's injured back, he answered questions about it Friday as the Dallas Cowboys stretched.

As defensive tackle Terrell McClain went through his normal Friday dance routine as "Halftime (Stand Up & Get Crunk)" by the Ying Yang Twins played, Lawrence joined in with a number of twists and turns that showed he was fine.

DeMarcus Lawrence led the Cowboys in sacks in 2015 and also has a playoff history against Aaron Rodgers. Jeff Hanisch/USA TODAY Sports

"It's time to go out here and beat the Packers, and that's all I'm focused on," Lawrence said Thursday. "I ain't worrying about my back. My back is good. That's it. I'm not going to say I'm all the way 100 [percent]. It's a lot of things I need to clean up and I'm working on it. The main thing is just doing my job to the best of my ability and knowing that I'm better than the guy in front of me, that I'm whooping his ass each and every play."

Any exclamation points to add to that statement?

"Yep, three of them!" he said.

Lawrence missed the final three regular-season games because of a back injury that required surgery last offseason. He might need another surgery this offseason, but those decisions are for down the road.

After leading the Cowboys with eight sacks in 2015, Lawrence had just one in 2016 because of the back injury and a four-game suspension to start the season. He had one sack in his nine games, but he has a playoff history against Aaron Rodgers.

He sacked Rodgers in the Cowboys' divisional-round loss two years ago.

"I'm ready to play," Lawrence said. "It's just time to go out there and have fun and battle with your boys and your friends. This chance only comes around once in a lifetime, and when it's here you got to grab on and take advantage of it."

Cotton

Staff member
Page 7 of a Stuff thread has got to be a record.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Disagree "the game" is running the ball consistently and effectively
The Packers already know that. They'll load up to stop Zeke at any cost and roll the dice on Dak beating them with his arm.

I'm not worried about Dak...I'm worried that Garrett will not let him off the leash.

townsend

Banned
The Packers already know that. They'll load up to stop Zeke at any cost and roll the dice on Dak beating them with his arm.

I'm not worried about Dak...I'm worried that Garrett will not let him off the leash.
I'd like to believe Garrett's bringing in the mindset he had against Detroit. If he can't press our advantage now, God help us.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I'd like to believe Garrett's bringing in the mindset he had against Detroit. If he can't press our advantage now, God help us.
I'm hoping he plays it for what it is..1 and done. If it takes Dak throwing 6-8 passes deep down the field to get the run game going, I hope he does it.

Don't go into a damn shell.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
When it gets to this point in the playoffs, sometimes you have to diverge from what got you to this point unless you are 100% solid in all three phases of the game, especially when two rookies are a big part of the reason you are there.

Pull out all the stops. Whatever is working during the game, ride it. If it isn't working, change your game plan. This is the polar opposite of a preseason game, it's do or die.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

They loaded up the first time and it didnt work. I dont doubt that we will be able to run the ball effectively.

marsbennett

Brand New Member
With left tackle Tyron Smith expected to take part in team drills today, every player on the Cowboys' active roster will participate in a 11 on 11 drills for the first time this season. "We're healthier than we've been for most of the year," coach Jason Garrett said. "That's going to help our football team."

Todd Archer, ESPN Staff Writer

For the first time this season. Wow, that is pretty incredible.
No excuses. NONE.

marsbennett

Brand New Member
If the Cowboys defense can go toe to toe with the Packers for the first half and the offense can put something on the board then there is a fighting chance. If the defense caves in the first half it's Bye Bye Birdie.

I don't know. Our defense starts very slow sometimes. Then dominates late.

marsbennett

Brand New Member
Not worried about Atlanta. If Matty Ice doesn't choke this week, he will next week.
Really? Because that's the crew that's worries me most. We get to New England or whoever....our defense has turned a major corner and I think we win it all. I hope we shake off any rust quickly Sunday, because if you're right about the Falcons, I love where this team is.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Really? Because that's the crew that's worries me most. We get to New England or whoever....our defense has turned a major corner and I think we win it all. I hope we shake off any rust quickly Sunday, because if you're right about the Falcons, I love where this team is.
He is a playoff choker and it never gets mentioned. However, bring up Romo and lets see what gets said in the national media.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
As far as I see it, this game is the NFC championship. Winner will roll over Atlanta next week.

Cotton

Staff member
I so want to post the Michael Irvin "Finish the Fight" video, but I will hold off until tomorrow.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What sucks is that now they have moved the Steeler Chief game to a night game, we won't even have another game to make the time go by faster.

Top Bottom