Week 16 Monday Night Football Chatter | Lions vs. Cowboys | 12/26/2016

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Marinelli was the master this game. D in the second half was outstanding.
I'm just so impressed with how much our pass rush has turned the corner in recent weeks. 4 sacks today, 4 sacks against the Bucs, 2 against the Giants, 3 sacks against the Vikes. We have some young guys really emerging.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm still bummed that Zeke has no chance at the rookie rushing record now. Was really hoping he'd have gotten it.
I actually wish he didn't have all the yards he does have. I want him to be great for years, and on a team with this OL, Morris, and McFadden he shouldn't have had to carry that much of the load.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What, that he is an idiot who has only had success since someone else is running the offense?
Yep, that's the moronic shit I'm talking about. Spot on, only took you one try to identify the nonsense.

data

Forbes #1
Click on "insert image", then "from URL". Go back and find the image I posted for you, and right click and click on "copy image address". Then put that address in the "from URL" part. Then uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box.
negative. keep it sideways.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Definitely. They looked like a completely different team after those first 3 drives.

I think part of it could be that they were playing a bit vanilla early on. Maybe hiding stuff since there's a chance that they'll see Detroit again in a few weeks.

Just a guess.
I think Detroit had us off balance at first with the pace of their offense. Guys were way over pursuing and it led to them gashing us with the run. As soon as we corrected and limited the run it was easy. Our pass rush looked stellar after the Lions gave up on the run.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yep, that's the moronic shit I'm talking about. Spot on, only took you one try to identify the nonsense.
Uhh.. that's actually true.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:towel

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks Dak has broken through those late season struggles and is finding his stride again.
Schmitty told me it was a rookie wall and that you shouldn't be surprised that Dak will suck the remainder of the season.

data

Forbes #1
So, how much of today was a chess game for our playoff game - new plays, new aggression downfield, etc.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Schmitty told me it was a rookie wall and that you shouldn't be surprised that Dak will suck the remainder of the season.
I said it was possible, yes. And since Dak is pretty much defying all non-Ben Roethlisburger history, it wouldn't have been that surprising.

Glad he is clicking though.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm just so impressed with how much our pass rush has turned the corner in recent weeks. 4 sacks today, 4 sacks against the Bucs, 2 against the Giants, 3 sacks against the Vikes. We have some young guys really emerging.
When the first suspension was announced I was glad Gregory was out to give Irving, Russell, and Tapper more playing time.

I knew Irving wouldn't get snaps over two 2nd round picks, and it's clear he's the best pass rusher on the team.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Click on "insert image", then "from URL". Go back and find the image I posted for you, and right click and click on "copy image address". Then put that address in the "from URL" part. Then uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box.
I did that for Pdom. He likes it that way

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

data

Forbes #1
That's how football should be every week. No stress, no worry and a blowout

Top Bottom