Week 16 Monday Night Football Chatter | Lions vs. Cowboys | 12/26/2016

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Time has been dragging by today. Even though we have nothing to play for I've been looking forward to this game all weekend.

I think we see the starters tonight for about 2 1/2 quarters before Garrett starts working in the reserves. I think this is the night that Romo makes his season debut.

Cowboys 26
Lions 17

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Time has been dragging by today. Even though we have nothing to play for I've been looking forward to this game all weekend.

I think we see the starters tonight for about 2 1/2 quarters before Garrett starts working in the reserves. I think this is the night that Romo makes his season debut.

Cowboys 26
Lions 17
And so it begins. :art

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think the starters play all game unless there's a blowout.

I don't have a good read on this game but I'll be very impressed if we win given the circumstances.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I don't GAS what the score is as long as it results in a Dallas win. I don't care who starts, I don't care who gets the most PT, I don't care if the Lions are "relevant" or not, I just want the W. Same as any other week.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
So as I said in an other thread, I am in Appleton WI again for the holidays. Took my daughter to see Assassin's Creed today at the theater and wore my new "Salute to Service" Dez Jersey. I walked in and was surrounded by Cheeseheads. No one said anything, but I could feel the eyes on me. I wore it proudly! :towel

1bigfan13

Staff member
I think the starters play all game unless there's a blowout.

I don't have a good read on this game but I'll be very impressed if we win given the circumstances.
Garrett is saying all the right things publicly but after watching Mariota and Carr go down with broken legs, any sane person would be hesitant about unnecessarily exposing key players to injury. Especially when there's literally nothing to be gained, standings wise.

Just a gut feeling that we'll see some Romo tonight as well as a heavy dose of McFadden.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I am thinking a close game but Detroit needs it a lot more.

data

Forbes #1
Predict how many yards Romo throws for today.

I say 85.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm not expecting much from Gregory tonight.

I know they have been glowing about how he's looked in practice, but practice and a real game are two different things. In practice you're not wearing pads and you don't have TEs and 300lb OL chipping and hitting you at full speed.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

I say 85.
125. He takes a sack or three, hits a couple of mid range balls and is assisted by one of our RBs with YAC during play action.

1bigfan13

Staff member

I say 85.
I'll go over 100 yard because if he plays I expect him to play with McFadden rather than Zeke.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am thinking a close game but Detroit needs it a lot more.
They are playing for their lives and we are playing for fun. I hope we win and want to see our offense roll but its hard to imagine our team can match their intensity given the circumstances.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I just hope Romo protects himself (assuming he sees the field). If the pocket breaks down just get down and live to fight another day.

data

Forbes #1
Get your Escobar kicks in tonight. two games and he won't be around to pick on any longer.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
So, what's going on in here?

1bigfan13

Staff member

1bigfan13

Staff member
Hopefully all these banged up defensive players will be close to full strength in a few weeks.

We're hurting for healthy bodies in the front 7.

1bigfan13

Staff member
No Darius Slay tonight for Detroit. Dez can breath a sigh of relief.

1bigfan13

Staff member

Top Bottom