User Tag List

Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 387886878889 LastLast

Thread: Week 7 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Redskins | 10-21-2018

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    The bullshit of it is why do you wait until the last play of the game to call it. You know our snapper does the same thing every play. Why wait until the most crucial point in the game. Call it on an extra point or one of the previous field goal attempts. It was ridiculous to call it there.
    Because we were outcoached as usual.

Gruden told them to jump offsides on the FG and try to get that penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    The bullshit of it is why do you wait until the last play of the game to call it. You know our snapper does the same thing every play. Why wait until the most crucial point in the game. Call it on an extra point or one of the previous field goal attempts. It was ridiculous to call it there.
    Yeah. I thought the same thing.

I hope in our next game, Ladouceur does the same thing. Maybe even more exaggerated just to see if them fucks call it again.

Maybe just on an XP attempt, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFuk View Post

Gruden told them to jump offsides on the FG and try to get that penalty.
    I doubt it. Why would Gruden want to give us a free five yards on a game ending, long FG attempt to tie if they didn't call it?

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak View Post
    Yeah. I thought the same thing.

I hope in our next game, Ladouceur does the same thing. Maybe even more exaggerated just to see if them fucks call it again.

Maybe just on an XP attempt, tho.
    I doubt it ever gets called on Ladoucuer again. Even Blandino said it was a bad call. The league will take its black eye once, not twice.

5. The following user likes this post:

p1_

I don't know about you guys but I really love and respect a sport where outcomes of games are decided by referees making obscure, inane calls that you're almost assuredly not going to see but more than once or twice every 5 years despite the fact that the act resulting in the call happens in literally every game every week.

Really reinforces the purity and legitimacy of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    Really reinforces the purity and legitimacy of the sport.
    this right here.
    Gaining on .500

Quote Originally Posted by boozeman View Post
    I doubt it ever gets called on Ladoucuer again. Even Blandino said it was a bad call. The league will take its black eye once, not twice.
    So why make it? What exactly was going through the refs mind? I ask because it baffles me. What made him think calling that penalty was the right thing to do?

You know, it's not like we know we win even if the call isn't made. He could've missed anyway, or we could've lost in overtime.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
    You know, it's not like we know we win even if the call isn't made. He could've missed anyway, or we could've lost in overtime.
    I think we all agree and understand that. But doesn't make the call any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
    Yeah. That's entirely possible. But it would have been nice to have the chance to actually win or lose the game in the way it's meant to be played.

The thing that galls me the most isn't the fact that we lost the game. It's that it always seems to be against us when one of these obscure fucking penalties is called. And always at the most inopportune time possible.

I'm not one that always claims the refs are out to get us. Or that games are rigged. But shit like this sure makes it hard to not at least wonder sometimes.