User Tag List

Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 LastLast

Thread: Week 7 Game Day Chatter |Cowboys @ Redskins | 10-21-2018

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    The cushion the Skins gave on this play is insane. Which was obviously all set up by the previous penalty on Williams (Thanks for that). It's pretty crazy that Gallup was still able to beat them deep. The defensive call was all but begging us to throw something underneath.
    The single high safety is on the other hash, presumably Dak knows Gallup is running an out and up, with some anticipation he would've read the positioning of the safety and taken a shot by trying to lead Gallup towards the sideline where the worst case scenario is a 1 on 1 jump ball with the CB. Best case scenario its an easy completion if the CB sits on the out.

The safety wouldn't have been able to get all the way to the sideline by the time the ball got there.

As I said a few days ago, I feel like Dak haters are overplaying how easy of a throw/decision it'd be while Cosell is going too far in the other direction saying he had nowhere to go with the ball when Gallup is an option and so is a check down/throw away towards Elliott or even Swaim.

An elite QB makes that read and takes that chance.

Gaining on .500

Zeke was open on that play too, waving his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    The single high safety is on the other hash, presumably Dak knows Gallup is running an out and up, with some anticipation he would've read the positioning of the safety and taken a shot by trying to lead Gallup towards the sideline where the worst case scenario is a 1 on 1 jump ball with the CB. Best case scenario its an easy completion if the CB sits on the out.

The safety wouldn't have been able to get all the way to the sideline by the time the ball got there.

As I said a few days ago, I feel like Dak haters are overplaying how easy of a throw/decision it'd be while Cosell is going too far in the other direction saying he had nowhere to go with the ball when Gallup is an option and so is a check down/throw away towards Elliott or even Swaim.

An elite QB makes that read and takes that chance.
    I'm with you. That's a ball that Dak should have pulled the trigger on. Sometimes you just have to give your WR a chance knowing he is in single coverage. Farve did that shit all the time. Hell sometimes when the WR was double or triple covered.

Had it not ended in a sack fumble TD it wouldn't be so bad. But it hurts that much more because of the end result.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    It was third down and I don't think Zeke gets past the sticks there. But I guess you never know. I understand not doing the dumpoff there on third down though.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    He was pissed too. He sees that the strip sack was unnecessary.
    Gaining on .500

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    Yeah, we have to keep in mind, unfortunate as it is, that the NFC East has really built up it's DLs beefiness in response to our OL.

The Giants with Snacks Harrison (who just got traded as they tank, but they acquired him to stop our run game). The Eagles with Fletcher Cox. The Redskins with Allen and Payne.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    Yeah, we have to keep in mind, unfortunate as it is, that the NFC East has really built up it's DLs beefiness in response to our OL.

The Giants with Snacks Harrison (who just got traded as they tank, but they acquired him to stop our run game). The Eagles with Fletcher Cox. The Redskins with Allen and Payne.
    Yep! And a lot of teams are back to making that interior D-line a brick wall. Woods has been a huge upgrade for us in that area.

Gaining on .500

Quote Originally Posted by p1_ View Post
    The bullshit of it is why do you wait until the last play of the game to call it. You know our snapper does the same thing every play. Why wait until the most crucial point in the game. Call it on an extra point or one of the previous field goal attempts. It was ridiculous to call it there.