Week 17 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs Eagles | 01/01/2017

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Happy New Years!

One more game to go before shit gets real.

Enjoy the game. Pray for the health and safety of our players. And lets hope this magical season ends on a high note.

If the Cowboys can win it all I think this would probably be the biggest "no one saw that coming" Super Bowl season since the 1999 Rams. Similar storyline too. The starting QB goes down in preseason and the little thought of backup steps in to have a record breaking season.

As for today's game.

Eagles 24
Cowboys 20

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life
This amounts to an entertaining preseason game. I want to win it but I don't really care. More curious to see Romo and Sanchez play for mere entretainment value than anything else.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
This amounts to an entertaining preseason game. I want to win it but I don't really care. More curious to see Romo and Sanchez play for mere entretainment value than anything else.
It will be interesting also to see who is inserted in the the lines and how the depth holds up. Philly will come out with blood in their eyes.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
They had better not take them too lightly, The Iggles will do anything to hurt us going into the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised to see late hits, etcetera.

Last edited:

p1_

DCC 4Life
I hope Romo doesn't get killed again. Just because.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
They had better not take into too lightly, The Iggles will do anything to hurt us going into the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised to see late hits, etcetera.

And Schwartz's defenses definitely can get very chippy.

Heads on swivels today.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Let's do this.

Cowboys - 24

Eagles - 17

data

Forbes #1
I'd have lost a $100 bet if you told me in August that this game would have no playoff implications.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Some love for Romo in Philly.

I'm interested in seeing how the Philly fans will greet him when he enters the game. Does he receive a respectful cheer like some greats receive from opposing fans at the end of their careers. Or do they stay true to the reputation of Philly fans and boo the hell out of him.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Does Philly have any reason to play/rest starters? How do they approach this game, knowing that neither team has anything at stake? So meaningless for both.

Cotton

Staff member
I'd have lost a $100 bet if you told me in August that this game would have no playoff implications.
It's pretty sweet, isn't it? :towel

Cotton

Staff member
I'm interested in seeing how the Philly fans will greet him when he enters the game. Does he receive a respectful cheer like some greats receive from opposing fans at the end of their careers. Or do they stay true to the reputation of Philly fans and boo the hell out of him.
One would hope that he gets the respect he deserves, but it's Philly, so...

Cotton

Staff member
Does Philly have any reason to play/rest starters? How do they approach this game, knowing that neither team has anything at stake? So meaningless for both.
I think they come at us with cheap shots and late hits. It's who Swartz is.

data

Forbes #1
It's pretty sweet, isn't it? :towel
Seriously, we'd all be pricking each other with reminders of past Week 17 failures, bitching about blue jerseys and the like...Conversely, I'm currently enjoying a pancake and omelette.

Even the NFL didn't care to have us at the late game slot.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Not me.

Even if Romo remained healthy I thought we'd still only win 7 or 8 games. Plus I didn't expect much from Philly either.

Draft positioning and the 2017 schedule are the only things that I thought this game would settle.

Cotton

Staff member
Seriously, we'd all be pricking each other with reminders of past Week 17 failures, bitching about blue jerseys and the like...Conversely, I'm currently enjoying a pancake and omelette.

Even the NFL didn't care to have us at the late game slot.
I'm having beans and cornbread with fried potatoes, and they won't even be ready by kick. So, fir the first time in a very long time, there will be a Cowboys game on and I won't have a laptop in my lap.

Top Bottom