Week 16 Monday Night Football Chatter | Lions vs. Cowboys | 12/26/2016

Jiggyfly

Banned
In the third quarter, Robinson was flagged for unnecessary roughness when he picked Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott up on a run up the middle and body-slammed him to the turf.

“He was being dirty all game,” Elliott said of Robinson. “I think he was a little salty from that Sugar Bowl win we got against him in New Orleans two years ago. It's whatever. Let him do what he wants to do.”:lol

Elliott’s Ohio State Buckeyes beat Robinson’s Alabama Crimson Tide, 42-35, in the Sugar Bowl in 2015 to advance to the national title game, which Ohio State won as well. Elliott had 230 yards and two touchdowns in the win over Robinson and Alabama, and had 12 carries for 80 yards and two more touchdowns in their first NFL match-up.

Robinson downplayed the Cowboys’ second-half dominance, though.

“They’re alright,” Robinson said after the game. “They did some alright stuff that worked. Nothing special. They ain’t nothing special.”

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Love when the losing team comes back and says "they ain't nothing special".

Don't you understand that you are insulting your own team when you say that? You can't even beat a team that ain't that special?

dallen

Senior Tech

Don't you understand that you are insulting your own team when you say that? You can't even beat a team that ain't that special?
They got blown out by a team that "ain't nothing special" and had zero reason to care whether they won or not.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Robinson was acting like a little bitch all game and I'm sure it had something to do with the Sugar Bowl 2 years ago and the fact that Elliott hit a big one on them early in the game.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

He is actually one of the players I really wanted in the second round. But yeah it's a dumb comment. It seems like we have had a few other guys say similar things about us after beating them this year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He is actually one of the players I really wanted in the second round. But yeah it's a dumb comment. It seems like we have had a few other guys say similar things about us after beating them this year.
He was the guy I wanted at 34 too, and he's had a good rookie year.

Of course if we had taken him at 34 we probably don't take Collins in the 3rd and I'd obviously rather have Collins at this point. So if the choice is Smith/Collins or Robinson/unknown 3rd, I'd go with Smith/Collins.

Now, if that 3rd rounder had been Yannick Ngakoue like I wanted, then I'm going Robinson/Ngakoue all day.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He was the guy I wanted at 34 too, and he's had a good rookie year.

Of course if we had taken him at 34 we probably don't take Collins in the 3rd and I'd obviously rather have Collins at this point. So if the choice is Smith/Collins or Robinson/unknown 3rd, I'd go with Smith/Collins.

Now, if that 3rd rounder had been Yannick Ngakoue like I wanted, then I'm going Robinson/Ngakoue all day.
Hell another interesting possibility would have been Robinson and then Collins. Those two would make a great combination in the middle. But you're right, we would have never taken DTs back to back like that. Ngakoue was a DE that I really liked as well. Hopefully Smith next year will make all of that talk silly.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

And he was the same fool mimicking the feed me motion while tackling McFadden down 21 at the end of the game.

data

Forbes #1
If you will find it for me, I will make it happen.
What do you mean 'find it for you'? Fortsbest has given it you several times already. You even right-sided it, screwing up the whole affect altogether.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is temporary. Only for the playoff run. But, here you go. (: forts)

:forts

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
When we lose our first game, I'm placing all blame on phil and that pic. It's prophetic... Our season will go 'sideways'.

Top Bottom